Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What's Up With This Hydraulic Primary Chain Tensioner From Oregon Hot Bike?  (Read 23334 times)

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
Re: What's Up With This Hydraulic Primary Chain Tensioner From Oregon Hot Bike?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »

I spoke with Roger today from Hot Bikes. He's getting the final parts from the machine shop for the new model based on the H-B 125 hydrolic tensioner. He said that the new tensioner should be done in approximately a month. He asked if I would be willing to test the unit. I'd get it free w/free installation etc... Sounds very promising.

I'm a little hesitant since I don't even have a motor in the bike yet. Hopefully in a month I should have it and broken in. I want to make sure that the bugs are mostly gone on the motor problems that I've had before I add something to the mix. I just may take him up on his offer if the timing is right.

The cost will be approximately $85 to $90 neighborhood. He sounded pretty positive on getting it out soon. He is suppose to call me when he has it ready. Looking forward to it. I'll keep ya posted.
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 02:43:32 PM »

Well, anything new on this front? They very clearly make this for the '06 Dyna/all '07's and up now. It an HB Wedge 2 and lists for 100 bucks. Anyone use it on these newer year bikes yet? There was some concern about it hitting the inner or inside of the primary, not sure which. I've got it on some of my other bikes and like it. Would like to make sure it's good to go on this design before using it. Any feedback on it yet? ;)

Southern Oregon Hot Bikes

Hoist! :coolblue:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 02:52:39 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »

:cherry:
I've got one ready to install on my 09 SE ULtra.   Have not installed it yet.   The problem with the (stock) HD tensioner as I understand it,  is that it has ratchet teeth on it and thus keeps the chain too tight.  The chain changes demensions (length) when hot versus cold.   The damn ratchet effect won't allow it to slacken any at all.

A good reason to opt for the hydraulic version imo :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »

I've got one ready to install on my 09 SE ULtra.   Have not installed it yet.   The problem with the (stock) HD tensioner as I understand it,  is that it has ratchet teeth on it and thus keeps the chain too tight.  The chain changes demensions (length) when hot versus cold.   The damn ratchet effect won't allow it to slacken any at all.

Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »

That's my thought.  If you get on it, the HD will take up the slack and not give it back.  The SM at my dealer has noticed several primary chains with no slack.  If you ride easy, it should not be a problem.
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.