Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 1100 Miles and Primary Chain Is Wiped Out  (Read 11070 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
Re: 1100 Miles and Primary Chain Is Wiped Out
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 09:31:17 AM »

The info I recieved worked and it's nothing that would not happen it if you had to hit the brakes hard without pulling in the clutch. My intent is not to give bad info but I will remove that post and keep it to myself. Sorry.    
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:36:44 AM by Fireguy »

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 12:22:52 PM »

:P
HD Dude...."The 07+ primaries unfortunaltly cannot use the Hayden M6 or the still availible HB125 hydro tensioner as they do not have the mounting bosses inside the inner primary for them."

I think they now have a later version of the HB125 as I just received one of them for my 09 SE Ultra.  Have not installed it yet.  I'll try to add the website in a follow-up post here.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:19 PM »

:cherry:
OK,  Here is their website...........check it out.

http://www.sohotbikes.com/wedge.html

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »

Thanks, I did not see that last time I looked (I have to admit its been a while :oops:)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 04:37:55 PM »

Nice.  I may go that route for both of mine.  Looks just like the HD unit except for the "wedge"

Thanks
Any day on the bike is a good day.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »

I complained about the noise at the 1K service and I was told it was a normal sound, well it sure is if the primary is not aligned. Now I guess they will need to repair a much larger problem.

how many people have contacted  HS on this????/
i know my 2010 Ltd is pretty scarey, with  the slap of the primary chain very adible at dead stop take offs..  my 07 i think i heard it make a slight noise, at best a handful of times it 20000 miles. and i run that thing pretty good with the 113 motor i  did up for it.  there is ahuge differance betwee the 07 and the 2010 bike in the loudness and frequency of the noise.  needless to say  i guess i better call HD ccustomer service to see if they are having issues or if they would care to admit it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:37 AM »

Thanks, I did not see that last time I looked (I have to admit its been a while :oops:)

Jim, if you get ahold of one, let us know what you think of that new hydraulic wedge unit. it sounds promising. Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 08:47:11 AM »

Jim, if you get ahold of one, let us know what you think of that new hydraulic wedge unit. it sounds promising. Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

anyone called HD customer service and asked them if indeed there is a problem.. That they will admit?? its obvious there is something going on. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 10:12:45 AM »

anyone called HD customer service and asked them if indeed there is a problem.. That they will admit?? its obvious there is something going on. 

HeHe!!! With a few hundred thou out there with these things on em, you really think they'll ever own up to any problems with it? ::) ::) ::)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »

HeHe!!! With a few hundred thou out there with these things on em, you really think they'll ever own up to any problems with it? ::) ::) ::)

enojugh people raise hell i guarentee they wil pay attention. especially if a chain locks up or bearing seizes,  and puts someone down. 

Wanna ride

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »

enojugh people raise hell i guarentee they wil pay attention. especially if a chain locks up or bearing seizes,  and puts someone down. 
Down side of that is, it's a reactive response instead of a proactive one.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »

Down side of that is, it's a reactive response instead of a proactive one.

well if the response is or reporting of an issue that  warrants  a serious discussion with Harley because of a lot of racket, that many would feel is not  normal for those of us that have been riding for 50 years, like 15 or 20 harleys later they may listen.   if ya don't say anything you a fool.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 03:59:06 PM »

Ford didn't want to admit that one of their cars caught fire in a rear end collision ......................... just saying, not comparing  ???
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 05:32:31 PM »

Ford didn't want to admit that one of their cars caught fire in a rear end collision ......................... just saying, not comparing  ???
[/quote

well this  is not about Fords!!  thats how   HD finds out they actuallly have an uthat needs attention.  They are more than likely aware of it for some time  now andn may be tryinjg to come up  with a fix..
the primary is serious businness if one would happen to cause a wheel to lock up  or what ever else can happen.. plus they may want you to buy a new harley one day also.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »

I think somebody drank the Kool-aid!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.