Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Opinions on the Baker DD7  (Read 7140 times)

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Opinions on the Baker DD7
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »

@Prodrag
Ive spoken with an Ebay vendor who said I can put the internals from an Ultima 6 speed straight into my case ... Just never been struck on Ultima stuff , whats your opinion on it , noisey ? clunky ? better than a HD box?

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

@ Independant1
I'm just using standard HD tranny fluid , I have no other issues with the box other than the whine.
I did feel that the next thing I'd try was the Redline Shockproof ... I'm in the UK hot temperatures isnt an issue here .. lol

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 11:32:22 PM »

For the cost of a quart of Redline it's worth a shot and I can almost guarantee you'll notice it shifts smoother if there are no other problems with any other hard parts. The state of tune can influence shift quality also believe it or not. The Ultima is a viable candidate I suppose if you don't mind supporting the Asian market. I prefer to keep everything as American as possible and the Baker stuff has a very good reputation and its certainly built to last. Granted, the cost is higher too... or is it? We sold a lot of lifters for a while that were made offshore and I feared that the quality would eventually go down and sure enough, they did from what I saw in failures. We no longer sell those lifters even though the profit margins were much higher than other brand lifters.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 11:27:57 AM »

Thats good info .. cheers .. bikes going in in a couple of weeks for the  motor to be fitted. and some Apes I've had made out of Stainless, Same as Carlini Gangsters.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 21 queries.