Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing  (Read 170874 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2009, 11:11:37 AM »

Riverfront Harley in Lawrence, KS closes today.  All remaining inventory after today will move to the dealership in Topeka.

hogasm

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2010, 08:38:02 PM »

You gotta remember, a lot of dealerships are closing satellite stores still considered dealerships to keep mother dealership alive. This doesn't mean the mother stores are all closing. I know the economy sucks, but folks the more negative we discuss it, the more negative it's gonna get.

As hard as it is,, I'm trying to keep a smile on my face and a positive attitude. Come on folks, i was always told this rubs off...  :nixweiss:

Before the end of 09'...the Mother Ship expected 50 full service dealers to close before the end of the year.....wonder what the tally really was :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »

The three dealerships in the Sacramento region that closed recently (Rocklin, Jacson and Elk Grove) while being considered satellite dealerships of another dealership...........they were all three full on dealerships in their own right.  They all sold motorcycles, part, service and motorclothes and were not just t-shirts shops or extended service bays.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hogasm

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2010, 06:48:09 AM »

One way to tell if they are a full dealership is to see if ON THE FLOOR they have a large selection of aftermarket parts and accessories.  :huepfenjump3:

Shop here before the changes was not a full dealership...but had the full service bays...clothes..Harley accessories...but did not have aftermarket. Harley will not let them have aftermarket in view

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2010, 12:53:56 PM »

The Rocklin Dealership in California was a Full Service Dealership, it was the owners first store. They started in Citrus Heights, then moved to a larger store in Rocklin, then moved to a much larger store down the street. This was a "location" that started in 1976 and kept moving up. Now it's gone. The family has one large dealership in Folsom California. I was broken hearted to loose the Rocklin store, I bought my first Harley from this family in 1989. Great people and a real loss to Harley and the biker community. I will support them in Folsom, I hope Harley is able to reopen the Rocklin/Roseville area dealership sometime in the future. I fear the Harley riding community is starting to shrink, the days of huge designer stores is waining, most riders I know wishes Harley dealers would go back closer to their roots, reduce their overhead and become less trendy. I believe our economy has made a major change and it's not going back to the go, go days anytime soon. Most riders have a bike they are happy with, have the leathers and clothes they need and really can get by just fine without spending a boat load of money at the dealerships. Harley was not built on customers that purchased a new bike every two years and I think it going back to the days of riders keeping their rides. My view...The future belongs to those with low overhead, those willing to provide cost effective service, those with a strong relationship with customers, just like the "good old days". I might be a dinosaur, time will tell.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2010, 01:02:21 PM »

I fear the Harley riding community is starting to shrink, the days of huge designer stores is waining, most riders I know wishes Harley dealers would go back closer to their roots, reduce their overhead and become less trendy. I believe our economy has made a major change and it's not going back to the go, go days anytime soon. Most riders have a bike they are happy with, have the leathers and clothes they need and really can get by just fine without spending a boat load of money at the dealerships. Harley was not built on customers that purchased a new bike every two years and I think it going back to the days of riders keeping their rides. My view...The future belongs to those with low overhead, those willing to provide cost effective service, those with a strong relationship with customers, just like the "good old days". I might be a dinosaur, time will tell.
I'm with you on this perspective, Scott.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »

The Rocklin Dealership in California was a Full Service Dealership, it was the owners first store. They started in Citrus Heights, then moved to a larger store in Rocklin, then moved to a much larger store down the street. This was a "location" that started in 1976 and kept moving up. Now it's gone. The family has one large dealership in Folsom California. I was broken hearted to loose the Rocklin store, I bought my first Harley from this family in 1989. Great people and a real loss to Harley and the biker community. I will support them in Folsom, I hope Harley is able to reopen the Rocklin/Roseville area dealership sometime in the future. I fear the Harley riding community is starting to shrink, the days of huge designer stores is waining, most riders I know wishes Harley dealers would go back closer to their roots, reduce their overhead and become less trendy. I believe our economy has made a major change and it's not going back to the go, go days anytime soon. Most riders have a bike they are happy with, have the leathers and clothes they need and really can get by just fine without spending a boat load of money at the dealerships. Harley was not built on customers that purchased a new bike every two years and I think it going back to the days of riders keeping their rides. My view...The future belongs to those with low overhead, those willing to provide cost effective service, those with a strong relationship with customers, just like the "good old days". I might be a dinosaur, time will tell.
Excellent points and I agree. :2vrolijk_21: During this time when a large percentage of the population is just happy to have money to provide the necessities the extras get cut out. As soon as those "dealers" understand that it's better to eat bologna and cheese and be feed then being of the attitude they have to have surf and turf every night they will be better off...... after all.... bologna and cheese will keep the "missed meal cramps" away... just sayin'.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »

Excellent points and I agree. :2vrolijk_21: During this time when a large percentage of the population is just happy to have money to provide the necessities the extras get cut out. As soon as those "dealers" understand that it's better to eat bologna and cheese and be feed then being of the attitude they have to have surf and turf every night they will be better off...... after all.... bologna and cheese will keep the "missed meal cramps" away... just sayin'.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
That 'surf & turf' will bring on an acute case of gout!  :nervous: (don't ask).  :P :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »

That 'surf & turf' will bring on an acute case of gout!  :nervous: (don't ask).  :P :drink: spyder
Shouldn't have been eating it everyday. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »

I was expecting more like Hot dogs and Kraft Macaroni & cheese you can live on it! Jus sayin :nixweiss:
I guess the Hi rollers get Bologna
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2010, 06:25:46 PM »

I was expecting more like Hot dogs and Kraft Macaroni & cheese you can live on it! Jus sayin :nixweiss:
I guess the Hi rollers get Bologna
Was just sayin' about the Bologna and Cheese... No high roller here... I've survived on Ramen Noodles when needed. ;) :D :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2010, 06:29:47 PM »

When I was young and single and on my own, the nice old grandmother that lived next door had a huge tomato garden and chickens.  She would leave me bags of tomato and cartons of eggs.  It is amazing how many tomatos and eggs you can eat when you have little money!   :2vrolijk_21:

(It is also amazing how good fresh eggs taste as compared to store bought eggs!)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »

When I was young and single and on my own, the nice old grandmother that lived next door had a huge tomato garden and chickens.  She would leave me bags of tomato and cartons of eggs.  It is amazing how many tomatos and eggs you can eat when you have little money!   :2vrolijk_21:

(It is also amazing how good fresh eggs taste as compared to store bought eggs!)

It's finally happened.
The cold has frozen Scotts brain.
The man needs help.
Anyone have a torch?

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2010, 06:51:07 PM »

It appears there are new owners in Bellingham and the dealership will be named Mt. Baker Harley Davidson.  Had to cost the old guys some money to leave as they had just been hanging on and barely at that, certainly using up their own capital to stay there.

That said, Harley funneled a guy in here from Chicago that had been looking to acquire a dealership.  I can't imagine he'll know that this is half a normal market since we border against Canada and they can't sell over the border without having the wrath of HD come down on them and a new guy isn't going to push it.

I hope they make it but maybe the next buyer will fair better if these guys get the dealership into a better location and invest in a building.  Hard to know what will happen, but I can't see a store selling less than 100 bikes a year making it in this economy.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »

I just heard that Pompano Beach HD has closed it's doors as of Monday:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-harley-closure-2-20100315-8,0,1116383.story
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 21 queries.