Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing  (Read 170858 times)

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
Re: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:39 AM »

What's really sad is one of our local HD Dealerships, one of the oldest Matthews HD in Fresno applied to expand their store and HD told them they would not approve it unless they moved from the area they have been in since the 50's.  What is the world coming to, you own a piece of property try to grow your business, put some money into it and the Mother Company says NO you have to move.

They have worked things out with MoCo and will be staying put and expanding their current building.

Also heard, the MoCo Museum will be honoring Harold Matthews this summer.

We forgot another Cali location that has fallen.... Santa Cruz HD
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Closed dealerships...
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »

As we all know many dealerships have closed in the past year or so.  Although there is a thread on this site that lists many of them, one wonders if that is all of them???  I wonder how quick the MoCo updates their website listing?  Not too quick I bet and no doubt the 2010 Touring Hand Book is out of date as well!

With a new touring season upon us, I think it would be very useful if this site had a section strictly for the purpose of listing all closed dealerships... No chatter, just a list that we could use to update our Tour Books prior to heading out of a trip.  :2vrolijk_21:

It would be useful information, especially if anyone was in need of assistance while on the road and wanted to know where the closest dealer was located, rather than waisting time traveling to a closed down dealership.  That would certainly be a drag!

So, what do you think?  Is this possible?

Does anyone else feel the same way?

:nixweiss:

ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2010, 11:22:27 AM »

Do Not depend on your H-D GPS my 09 brought me to the old ,nonexistent and miles away.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2010, 11:25:26 AM »

Do Not depend on your H-D GPS my 09 brought me to the old ,nonexistent and miles away.

I never depend on a GPS for anything!  That's just one more reason why I think a complete list of closed delarships would be very helpful for us to update our Touring Hand Books.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:18:33 PM by Grizzly »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Closed dealerships...
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2010, 09:01:22 AM »

As we all know many dealerships have closed in the past year or so.  Although there is a thread on this site that lists many of them, one wonders if that is all of them???  I wonder how quick the MoCo updates their website listing?  Not too quick I bet and no doubt the 2010 Touring Hand Book is out of date as well!

With a new touring season upon us, I think it would be very useful if this site had a section strictly for the purpose of listing all closed dealerships... No chatter, just a list that we could use to update our Tour Books prior to heading out of a trip.  :2vrolijk_21:

It would be useful information, especially if anyone was in need of assistance while on the road and wanted to know where the closest dealer was located, rather than waisting time traveling to a closed down dealership.  That would certainly be a drag!

So, what do you think?  Is this possible?

Does anyone else feel the same way?

:nixweiss:

This was the thread that you were/are referring to......but then people started posting chit chat like your post here............. :huepfenlol2:

Just funnin with you Grizz :2vrolijk_21:

Hard 10 was editing the first post of this thread to reflect that list however, he hasn't edited it since Jan.  If somebody has the time to go through all 8 pages to make a list and PM it to me, I'll edit the first post to reflect all the stores.

But I've learned when I'm on the road, before I set out to go to a dealership I call them first, just to make sure they're still there. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

This was the thread that you were/are referring to......but then people started posting chit chat like your post here............. :huepfenlol2:

Just funnin with you Grizz :2vrolijk_21:

Hard 10 was editing the first post of this thread to reflect that list however, he hasn't edited it since Jan.  If somebody has the time to go through all 8 pages to make a list and PM it to me, I'll edit the first post to reflect all the stores.

But I've learned when I'm on the road, before I set out to go to a dealership I call them first, just to make sure they're still there. :2vrolijk_21:

You sure are a funny guy JC!  A real regular riot!!!  ;D

I know exactly what you're saying.

Just so you know, I actually started a separate thread so I wouldn't "muddy the waters" on this one, but unfortunately it was mysteriously moved/joined to this anyway due to the relationship.

I'm just thinking a LIST ONLY would be helpful and I applaud you for your assistance... Considering that I am the one who asked for it, as soon as I get a little time to sort through the 8 pages, I will do as you suggest and PM you with the updated list.

Hopefully then that list can simply be added to without all this darn chatter... OK, I'll shut up now and get to work on this lovely little project you've come up with for me to fill my spare time, when I should be out riding!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:00:32 PM by Grizzly »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »

You sure are a funny guy JC!  A real regular riot!!!  ;D

I know exactly what you're saying.

Just so you know, I actually started a separate thread so I wouldn't "muddy the waters" on this one, but unfortunately it was mysteriously moved/joined to this anyway due to the relationship.

I'm just thinking a LIST ONLY would be helpful and I applaud you for your assistance... Considering that I am the one who asked for it, as soon as I get a little time to sort through the 8 pages, I will do as you suggest and PM you with the updated list.

Hopefully then that list can simply be added to without all this darn chatter... OK, I'll shut up now and get to work on this lovely little project you've come up with for me to fill my spare time, when I should be out riding!

:2vrolijk_21:

I can relate.....kind of like being a moderator.....the pay is lousey and the job sucks! :(  But actually, I didn't come up with the project of a list of closed dealerships.  You did.....I just volunteered to help you with it. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:50:31 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »

I can relate.....kind of like being a moderator.....the pay is lousey and the job sucks! :(  But actually, I didn't come up with the project of a list of closed dealerships.  You did.....I just volunteered to help you with it. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks JC.  I do appreciate the help... I'm working on my part as we speak.

Take care,
Grizzly

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »

Thanks JC.  I do appreciate the help... I'm working on my part as we speak.

Take care,
Grizzly

:2vrolijk_21:           :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »

Thanks to Grizzly for reading through eight pages of this thread and compiling the list of dealership to bring it current

There was a prior threat about Santa Cruz but here are a few more I got from another site:

Central Harley Davidson (North) in Kansas City, KS

Doyles HD in Roseburg, Oregon

Wilwert's HD Dubuque, Iowa

San Juan Capistrano Harley, CA

Birds of Prey HD Caldwell, Idaho

Hangtown Harley in Placerville, CA

Pineda HD in Melbourne, FL (merged w/ Space Coast)

**edited**
HD of Amador     Amador       CA
Auburn HD     Auburn       CA
Elk Grove HD   Elk Grove  CA
Jacson HD   Jacson   CA
HD of Rocklin   Rocklin   CA
The Ridge HD   Lake Wales   FL
Pompano Beach HD   Pompano Beach   FL
Riverfront HD   Lawrence   KS
Shreveport HD   Shreveport   LA
Outerbanks HD   Elizabeth City   NC
Littleton HD   Bethlehem   NH
Brooklyn HD   Brooklyn   NY
Dick's HD   Rome   NY
Roeder's HD   Sandusky   OH
Cerini HD      PA
Hartford HD   Hartford   WI

West Coast GTG   

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »

Thanks to Grizzly for reading through eight pages of this thread and compiling the list of dealership to bring it current

Thank goodness someone else read through all 8 pages of this!

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2010, 12:47:25 AM »

The bad news is.......there 'will' be more than 8 pages.........
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Ultra2010

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »

I heard Shumate in Spokane also closed, have not verified it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »

I heard Shumate in Spokane also closed, have not verified it.

All the Shumate stores (Spokane, Lewiston, Tri Counties and Walla Walla) appear to be rolled up in the same bankruptcy proceeding:

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-law-courts-tribunals/14087719-1.html

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »

George Latus used to own the Spokane store but now has new location in Gladstone. I stopped in a couple of days ago and noticed the shelves were pretty bare compared to last year. Lots of salesmen. They still are selling above MSRP but wonder how long that will last. Saw a Blue 07 like mine with 10k and mostly stock for 28995. and a New Citrus with no price tag. HMMM.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.