Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing  (Read 170864 times)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
Re: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2010, 02:46:14 PM »

Crete Il, Harley Davidson is closing October 15, 2010 the owner unable to find a buyer is closing and retiring. The Hog chapter is trying to find a home to continue.

NOOOO!  That's my dealer and I rather enjoyed them over the years.  Really sad to see this one go.

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »

2 More are off the list. Read the Important Announcement at the bottom of the website below.

http://www.hdofgreensboro.com/

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »

2 More are off the list. Read the Important Announcement at the bottom of the website below.

http://www.hdofgreensboro.com/

This is a pretty powerful statement:

"The decision to consolidate operations, due to the effects of the severe recession, is not unlike recent actions taken by Harley-Davidson Motor Company.  Over the past two years Harley-Davidson has consolidated its production operations to effectively adjust to the current economic environment.  In light of the reduced volumes, the Motor Company has been encouraging dealers to consolidate in certain markets, including central North Carolina.

With no reasonable end in sight, it is painfully obvious that we must execute the right-sizing to ensure our ability to serve you, our customers, long term in the manner in which we feel you should expect and have become accustomed."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »

Crete Il, Harley Davidson is closing October 15, 2010 the owner unable to find a buyer is closing and retiring. The Hog chapter is trying to find a home to continue.

That one is shocking to me, as Crete was by far the best of the dealers in this area.  I have no first hand knowledge of the situation, but I do know the owner recently sank a ton of money into expanding his fairly new facility, right before the bottom started to fall out of the economy.  Even back in the 90's when it seemed the majority of Harley dealers were gouging the public for thousands over MSRP, the Crete dealer sold for MSRP and treated his customers well.  He had a friendly, knowledgeable staff in sales, parts and service, unlike some of the others in this area.  He will be missed.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Bandit4142

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Scorcher
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 - Titanium
    • CVO3: 2009 FLSTFSE3
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2010, 08:32:49 AM »

Colorado Springs Harley Davidson - Located on Powers Ave. in Colorado Springs,  Closed Sept 21st.     Merging with Pike's Peak Harley Davidson.

V&H Power Duals, CFR's - basically stock

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2010, 07:15:06 PM »

The first dealer in Canada to close, that I know of...

Pooles Harley-Davidson in Hamilton, Ontario is closing October 15th.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2010, 07:50:21 PM »

Gilbert's Harley Davidson in Port Huron, MI closed Sept 30.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »

super villan

• CVO1: FXDSE2
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »

Sad. I bought my FXDSE2 there. They had some cool "scoots' last I checked. Just wondering where the bikes go when a dealer closes shop? :nixweiss:

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2010, 12:29:03 PM »

Sad. I bought my FXDSE2 there. They had some cool "scoots' last I checked. Just wondering where the bikes go when a dealer closes shop? :nixweiss:

They are offered to other dealerships.

Bubba Love

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2010, 01:23:39 AM »

They are offered to other dealerships.
[/
The stores in N.C., specifically Greensboro, are consolidating.  Closing High Point (where I live) also Reidsville, N.C. The Greensboro (Mother Store) will remain open.  Bubba Love said that!!!

casper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2010, 09:46:01 PM »

Ocean City Maryland dealership closes Oct. 30th. Consolidating with Seaford DE.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2010, 11:14:30 AM »

Harley-Davidson revs up again in Tri-Cities
By Loretto J. Hulse, Herald food writer
Chrome gleaming, the motorcycles, ATVs and watercraft on the showroom floors of Rattlesnake Mountain Harley-Davidson and RideNow Powersports Tri-Cities are ready for fun.

The doors of the former Shumate Motorsports on the corner of Highway 395 and 19th Avenue in Kennewick have been locked since John M. Shumate filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last year for his dealerships in Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, Spokane and Lewiston.

RideNow Powersports of Tempe, Ariz., recently took over the assets of the dealership and plans to reopen the business at 9 a.m. today.

This is the first RideNow Powersports dealership in the state.

The Kennewick business has two parts. One is the Harley-Davison dealership which sells cycles, accessories and licensed clothing and collectibles. The RideNow Powersports portion sells imported cycles, ATVs, watercraft and accessories. There's also a full service shop and parts department.

Overseeing everything is operating manager Paul Griffith who's been with RideNow Powersports for nearly 19 years.

He will have 30 to 35 employees during the fall and winter, ramping up to 40 to 45 in the spring. Many of them are former Shumate employees.

Griffith said there's been a lot of interest in when the dealership will reopen because the only other Harley dealerships in the area are in Yakima, Wenatchee and Boise.

Right now the businesses are stocked with what was on site when RideNow acquired the dealership but Griffith says that's changing daily as new stock comes in. Plus, if someone doesn't see what they want, Griffith can draw on the resources of over 20 other RideNow stores.

In addition to repairs, the service department also does customizing.

"The average Harley-Davidson rider spends about $3,000 over the purchase price of the bike customizing it, the import riders, not quite as much," Griffith said.

Griffith said the dealership has always been associated with a Harley-Davidson riding group and is working with the Tri-City Hog Chapter.

"In fact we already have the dealership T-shirts in stock," he said.

The retail store is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. The service department is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through

Read more: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2010/11/16/1254241/harley-davidson-revs-up-again.html#ixzz15Sk0VnNg
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

ralscustoms

• 2011 FLHRUSE My Colorado Cruiser

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO Slate Gray
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »

You can add Crete HD, Crete Illinois They closed earlier this year
Live life to the fullest, modify a Harley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.