Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Exhaust  (Read 14804 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Exhaust
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »

I think I ran through my various StraightShots baffle experiments somewhere on the board, but here's the basics.  Khrome Werks HP-Plus baffles take the noise down a notch below the stock V&H cheese grater baffles and give you a touch more throttle response in mid-range RPM's.  V&H Quiet Baffles take the noise down another notch and provide a noticeable increase in bottom end torque.  I kept the Quiet Baffles in mine but occasionally swap back to the Khrome Werks just for kicks.

Actually I got them through ebay.  Several catalogs stock them if you prefer.  Or maybe straight from V&H.

The link I posted above is Python Performance.  You can navigate around to various products from it.  Be aware that they don't seem to stock much if anything for FXR's anymore.  Might have to watch ebay.

Mike - Thanks for the input....... yes, now that you mention I do recall reading a post from you, somewhere, where you talked about the various baffles you've tested, Thanks!

I have to pay more attention ........... I didn't even see the website up there in your post   .....    THANKS !
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

mikey....

Ok, so.....what's the budget? 

......if you said the budget might be $700-$800, AND you determined that a 2-1 was desired and you felt that you also wanted quiet, with great performance.....THENNNNNN.....lol.....how about a 2-1 Super Trapp.....of course you won't find such available on their website, but I know that personally one can acquire such from SuperTrapp directly and perhaps @ just a bit less than the $700.00.  It will require 6-7 weeks to have it at your door since it will need to be made and sent to you, if you personally want more information I can provide the name as well as e~mail (providing of course they are still with the company) of the person this summer that I spoke with about this subject matter from Super Trapp.

I have a 2-1 Vance and Hines pro pipe which V&H's made for FXRs, and while V&H continues to make a 2-1 Pro Pipe with Heat Shields for Dynas, they don't make this specific pipe any longer for the FXR, they quit making them about 22 months ago.....because the pipe is no longer made and it's a great pipe (except for "loudness" in my opinion, I did arrive at 50 this year lol and AARP has sent me a "membership" letter lol), I won't sell it as it will always have value.....so perhaps the answer for a new pipe might be trying to find a "dealership" that still might have a V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe in their possession which for some reason hasn't sold yet.  But then again if you asked my impression of the pipe, it's as I said "too" loud, but if your deaf or you like "loud" then without a doubt it's a great performer.

Although it sounds like there are other alternatives.....as mentioned above by others, it's just that if you asked me which is the "best" performance pipe for your FXR, it would be a 2-1 styled pipe, and the manufacturers I mentioned above were the 2 best at making them......and as you have just read, they "officially" are not being made any longer, which brings me to why I feel having many of us staying in touch with one another for topics such as "modifications" or for "tech support" as well as for future "parts" becomes so criticial to our enjoyment of these bikes......it may seem somewhat silly right now.....but in another 22 months I wonder what else will be "scarce" in locating as far as "parts" are concerned.....perhaps everyone we better get our act together and get a "ride" planned soon.....while we can still ride....LOL.  The sky is falling, the sky is falling..... :bananarock:

I have been thinking to myself just how many orders by FXR Owners would be required to get a "decent" discount for a 2-1 Supper Trapp say in the $400-$500 range.....since they would have to make a "run" on them.....just thinking out loud.....laughing.....there are perhaps many that see no "value" in running a 2-1 pipe and perhaps wouldn't or don't like the looks of them anyway......one never knows.....

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »

mikey....

Ok, so.....what's the budget? 

OK, so I like cheap, but am wise with experience and understand that quality = cost   so budget is somewhere in the $400 - $700 range and like the lower end of that scale as much as possible

......if you said the budget might be $700-$800, AND you determined that a 2-1
I prefer the 2-2 pipe looks, I like the way the V&H straight shots look on the bike, but have not ruled out a 2-1, some of them even look good to me :nervous:

was desired and you felt that you also wanted quiet,
I do, mostly, but want it to be heard when I jump on it   :coolblue:

with great performance.....THENNNNNN.....lol.....how about a 2-1 Super Trapp
it's certainly worth my consideration

.....of course you won't find such available on their website, but I know that personally one can acquire such from SuperTrapp directly and perhaps @ just a bit less than the $700.00.  It will require 6-7 weeks to have it at your door since it will need to be made and sent to you, if you personally want more information I can provide the name as well as e~mail (providing of course they are still with the company) of the person this summer that I spoke with about this subject matter from Super Trapp.
I will keep this in mind, THANKS For your HELP !!

I have a 2-1 Vance and Hines pro pipe which V&H's made for FXRs, and while V&H continues to make a 2-1 Pro Pipe with Heat Shields for Dynas, they don't make this specific pipe any longer for the FXR, they quit making them about 22 months ago.....because the pipe is no longer made and it's a great pipe (except for "loudness" in my opinion, I did arrive at 50 this year lol and AARP has sent me a "membership" letter lol),
LOL

I won't sell it as it will always have value.....so perhaps the answer for a new pipe might be trying to find a "dealership" that still might have a V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe in their possession which for some reason hasn't sold yet.  But then again if you asked my impression of the pipe, it's as I said "too" loud, but if your deaf or you like "loud" then without a doubt it's a great performer.
OK, so this might not be the pipe for me anyways .... I'm wanting to go down in the loudness scale
Here's what I'm thinking
Looks over performance - I'm not building a race bike
Sound - DEEP more than RASP - SOFT in tone until I JUMP ON THE THROTTLE
   :pepper: :pepper:

you know the sound of Rinehart True Duals on baggers .....  I kinda like that sound

so maybe the Supper Trap is still worth consideration ......

Although it sounds like there are other alternatives.....as mentioned above by others, it's just that if you asked me which is the "best" performance pipe for your FXR, it would be a 2-1 styled pipe, and the manufacturers I mentioned above were the 2 best at making them......and as you have just read, they "officially" are not being made any longer, which brings me to why I feel having many of us staying in touch with one another for topics such as "modifications" or for "tech support" as well as for future "parts" becomes so critical to our enjoyment of these bikes......it may seem somewhat silly right now.....but in another 22 months I wonder what else will be "scarce" in locating as far as "parts" are concerned.....perhaps everyone we better get our act together and get a "ride" planned soon.....while we can still ride....LOL.  The sky is falling, the sky is falling..... :bananarock:
LOL at the sky is falling ........ but I understand your point ..... our parts are going to increasingly become harder and more difficult to come by as time moves along

I have been thinking to myself just how many orders by FXR Owners would be required to get a "decent" discount for a 2-1 Supper Trapp say in the $400-$500 range.....since they would have to make a "run" on them.....just thinking out loud.....laughing.....there are perhaps many that see no "value" in running a 2-1 pipe and perhaps wouldn't or don't like the looks of them anyway......one never knows.....

Regards,

Tim
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.