Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things I have done (so far) with my 07 since I got it in April  (Read 4596 times)

Chopdoc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
Things I have done (so far) with my 07 since I got it in April
« on: October 08, 2019, 10:18:58 PM »

Got this 07 in April after I totaled my old Road King.  I rode choppers most of my life, so cushy was not a goal.  But for the kind of riding I am doing with my organization, I really needed another bagger, which was the only reason I had the Road King.  So I can throw on the touring seat and tour pak in a few minutes and have done several times.  Nice to have the options.  I never had a bike with all this quick change stuff.  Kind of fun.  Like having three bikes.  I have another Harley anyway, a 1987 Softail chopper, plus a vintage Triumph chopper, CB 500T chopper, XS650, and one or two others...  But I am just having a ball with this thing.  Does that mean I am getting old?  Is it a geezer pleaser?  I dunno.  Even set up with the Danny Gray butt crack seat and slammed with 10 1/4 shocks it's cushy to me.  Blows my mind people complaining about seats, shocks, vibrations, etc around here.  New crowd for me.

Removable tour pak from factory, no antenna holes in tour pak.  FM antenna mount under left saddlebag filler (no CB antenna that I can find).

Hooker tunable true dual exhaust.

Removed lower fairing.

Custom 10.25 inch shocks.  You can go 10 inches but then might as well resort to solid struts.  It actually rides like a dream two up, stiff one up on lowest pre-load.  Which is fine for me.  I have had a lot of hardtails.

Seats:
Mustang Deluxe Touring seat.
Danny Gray Butt Crack solo and pillion.  That seat puts me waaay back, feet forward.  Actually a Road King seat, so I am getting the Harley dash filler piece.  I am going to have that embroidered with a logo.  My wife has embroidery machines.
Have original seat as well.  I prefer the Mustang.

Harley quick release backrest.

Tall quick release sissybar.

Kuryakyn plain black windshield trim.

Klock Werks windshield.

No...I was not going for a "Street Glide look".  It's just changes the way I want them.  CVO parts I take off are all put away.  Not selling any of it.

Chopdoc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Re: Things I have done (so far) with my 07 since I got it in April
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 10:19:32 PM »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:11 AM »

You have been busy. Looks good.   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

2007CUSE

• First Big Cruiser
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 08:12:29 AM »

Hey ChopDoc....

I have the same bike, got mine last November (it's going to be 1!!).

Mine has the quick release tour pack, but I have to break this thing down because it didn't come stock that way, and I'd like to remove the TP when I'm riding solo to work and back.  What did you do with the amp?  Wiring for the radio/controls?
Lola
2007 FLHTCUSE2
4" Rinehart slip-ons

Lolita
1997 Sportster Hugger 883
Fat Bob Kit
Straight pipes / Reverb Cones

highwayking

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHTCUSE2 - Red
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 04:46:28 PM »

I have the same bike and I am sure that the front wheel and rotors are not stock. You say the tour pak was factory with quick disconnect and no antenna holes. I'm not aware that was even an option from the factory. I'm also guessing that the speakers are not connected to an amp anymore, but if they are I would like to know where the amp is located now. I have almost 50K miles on mine now and have had done a few engine upgrades including Screamin' Eagle compensator, S&S lifters and SE adjustable pushrods. The bike runs great and is very comfortable on long rides. You may want to put those lowers back on this winter. They do a good job of keeping your legs protected from the wind. In my opinion, the candy cherry and black ice color combination is the best looking CVO Harley ever produced.

Chopdoc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 12:47:43 PM »

I have the same bike and I am sure that the front wheel and rotors are not stock. You say the tour pak was factory with quick disconnect and no antenna holes. I'm not aware that was even an option from the factory. I'm also guessing that the speakers are not connected to an amp anymore, but if they are I would like to know where the amp is located now. I have almost 50K miles on mine now and have had done a few engine upgrades including Screamin' Eagle compensator, S&S lifters and SE adjustable pushrods. The bike runs great and is very comfortable on long rides. You may want to put those lowers back on this winter. They do a good job of keeping your legs protected from the wind. In my opinion, the candy cherry and black ice color combination is the best looking CVO Harley ever produced.

Hi-

That's right, there are no antenna holes in the tour pak.  As far as I can tell, it came from Harley that way.  I have no idea if it was an available option or something a dealer ordered somehow. It does plug in and the controls work.  I believe the amp was deleted.  It is all very tidy and looks factory or at least pro, not a hack job.

I'm in Florida, not really into the lowers. 

I have no idea about the front wheel but it does match the back one.

I am not into CVOs so I am not worried about it being original.  And at the price I got it for I am not so worried about retaining value.  I agree about the colors, it's what attracted me to the bike.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 01:08:16 PM »

Nice bike, I bought a 2007 new, same color.

Somebody removed the amp when they added the quick detach tour pack  kit.  The tour pack was fixed - stock - from factory, amp was under the tour pack.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 01:10:19 PM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Chopdoc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 03:39:19 PM »

Nice bike, I bought a 2007 new, same color.

Somebody removed the amp when they added the quick detach tour pack  kit.  The tour pack was fixed - stock - from factory, amp was under the tour pack.

That's what everyone says except those who see the bike in person.  There were never antenna holes in the tour pak and there was never an amp mounted.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 11:55:23 PM »

I’ve used those Hookers before, they make a great sound when you get on them. One bit of advice, keep them lubed, otherwise the screws get seized and you can’t rotate the tuning core.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 10:44:23 PM »

i finally had time to dig.. 14 hour days do this.....  the cvo leather tour pak DID have antennas.. they were on pods that were bolted to the back of the tour pak with very small screws. they also came with a electric lock and a amp.. 100 percent.  if that stuff is not there, a: it was all removed, or b: it really was not a cvo and was added to.  you could also have a purchased new plain leather tour pak that replaced the complex one and they sold the complex one.  lots of folks removed the amps when the bikes were brand new - and then removed the amp harness [amp with harness could be sold for real money, amp with no harness is a block of scrap metal]  - its a pretty simple add on harness and can be removed complete in a couple of hours. if my memory is correct it only has a signal on line to the head unit, no sound comes to the amp from the head unit, it all piggy backed onto the non amp speaker outputs. there was also a sidecar amp that could be on a o7 that had speaker output to the sidecar - a really rare piece. but now quite old

Chopdoc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »

Hi-  Thanks.

Just checked back here after a long time and I saw this reply from a year ago.  Yes, I know how these tour paks came from the factory.  It is interesting to consider how this bike ended up the way it is.  It is a CVO bike, the VIN checks out with Harley.  The non-original chrome wheels were ordered at Harley and installed at Harley, they found records of that, but I don't know why, and I don't know why the floating rotors are gone. 

It's a CVO tour pak, but without the antenna holes.  It has the CVO logo, in the lid, which I do not believe was on any plain tour pak you could order.  It also has the power lock keyed the same as the rest of the bike.  But again, no antenna holes.  You can't feel any holes under the leather in the body of the tour pak either, so apparently they were never drilled.  There was never an option for such a thing, but there it is.  Sure, lots of people removed the amp etc. when they put the quick release mount on...but how are there no antenna holes?

I have asked sales people, service techs, service managers, parts counter people, etc., whenever I think of it.  It hasn't really been a main pursuit but I have asked a number of Harley people.  One guy seemed to remember one that was done at the dealership, brand new, by swapping out the main body of the tour pak with one that was ordered from Harley without antenna holes, along with the quick release kit etc.  But he could not remember for sure nor could he say that it was my bike.

The similar non-CVO tour pak was available I think, maybe called "deluxe"?  Not sure.  I haven't really researched it.  I am guessing it had no antenna holes and was the source for this tour pak body.  If I come across part numbers for that I will be interested.  The 2006 and 2007 CVO part numbers only list one with the antenna holes.

I any case I really like the bike.  COVID really put a damper on things so I have only put 20K on it in the three years since I got it.  Normally I would be riding that much in a year.  I have done a few more things with it.  I got a genuine CVO passenger backrest.  It already had the stage 1 air cleaner so I just took off the big cover and put something smaller on.  I also put a 2005 FLHTCSE2 console on it, which is the same as the 08 street glide.  I am running the shorter Road King seat so it fills the gap, gets rid of the ugly CB hump, and it has the CVO logo on the console insert.  The 2005 CVO console insert is light candy cherry, very hard to find. 

I am not really a CVO type guy, but it has brought another aspect to owning the bike that has been fun, like tracking down the 2005 console info, CVO insert info, then actually finding the parts. 

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.