Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slip on muffler choices 2007 Eagle Ultra  (Read 1538 times)

robonel

• 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electraglide
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic-Red/Black
Slip on muffler choices 2007 Eagle Ultra
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »

I am redoing the exhaust on a 2007 Ultra Eagle.  I was in Daytona over the weekend and stopped at Rossmeyers and was able to listen to a bike lilke mine with the stock exhaust.  Not much sound to it at all, it was really pretty quiet.  Right now it has a 2 in to 1 setup which I do not lilke and it is really, really loud.  I have already purchased a set of stock header pipes with the crossover pipe.  I am looking for aftermarket mufflers, either the vance and hines basic slip ons or the basic oval slip ons (not the monster ovals).  Does anyone have those on their bike and if so, how do they sound?  Also rode a new street glide that had an older set of screamin eagle mufflers, and they sounded really good.  Not too loud and not too quiet, just about in the middle.  I would consider a set of those as well if I could find them on ebay or something.  If anyone has setups with the above, get with me and let me know your opinions. The bike does have a large capacity intake and Thunderheader race tuner.  I assume whatever I do, I should probably take it and have it reprogrammed after any changes? Thanks.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Slip on muffler choices 2007 Eagle Ultra
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:22:49 PM »

I am redoing the exhaust on a 2007 Ultra Eagle.  I was in Daytona over the weekend and stopped at Rossmeyers and was able to listen to a bike lilke mine with the stock exhaust.  Not much sound to it at all, it was really pretty quiet.  Right now it has a 2 in to 1 setup which I do not lilke and it is really, really loud.  I have already purchased a set of stock header pipes with the crossover pipe.  I am looking for aftermarket mufflers, either the vance and hines basic slip ons or the basic oval slip ons (not the monster ovals).  Does anyone have those on their bike and if so, how do they sound?  Also rode a new street glide that had an older set of screamin eagle mufflers, and they sounded really good.  Not too loud and not too quiet, just about in the middle.  I would consider a set of those as well if I could find them on ebay or something.  If anyone has setups with the above, get with me and let me know your opinions. The bike does have a large capacity intake and Thunderheader race tuner.  I assume whatever I do, I should probably take it and have it reprogrammed after any changes? Thanks.
I have the Vance and Hines regular Ovals on my SEUC and really like them.  They are quiet enough that I can drive out of the neighborhood at 5am and not wake everybody up, or you can really make them bark, if you want to.  I think they have a nice sound and a nice rumble at highway speeds.  They are not so loud that I can't hear the stereo at 75  mph either.  I'm very happy with them, but I'm partial to Vance and Hines pipes.  (I have the V&H Pro Pipe on my Street Glide)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

robonel

• 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electraglide
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic-Red/Black
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:15:25 AM »

I have the Vance and Hines regular Ovals on my SEUC and really like them.  They are quiet enough that I can drive out of the neighborhood at 5am and not wake everybody up, or you can really make them bark, if you want to.  I think they have a nice sound and a nice rumble at highway speeds.  They are not so loud that I can't hear the stereo at 75  mph either.  I'm very happy with them, but I'm partial to Vance and Hines pipes.  (I have the V&H Pro Pipe on my Street Glide)

:devil:

Hey thanks, those are the opinions I am looking for and appreciate your time.  Thanks again.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »

Exhaust sound is such a personal thing that it is difficult to go by some else's opinion.  What may not be loud enough to one person is way too loud for another, etc.  The best thing is to listen to various mufflers on other bikes and see which you prefer.  Or you can do like I have.  I've had at least 10 different sets on my '06 SE Ultra and am still looking for the perfect muffler.  I can tell you this, the V&H Basic's will be louder than the Ovals.  The other fact is that any muffler on a 103" or 110" will be louder than the same muffler is on an 88" or 96".  Also, if you go with True Duals the mufflers will be louder.

One option that you might want to consider is to remove the baffles from your stock mufflers and install a set of Fullsac baffles.  For about $100 it's a rather inexpensive option.  You will find a lot of information on the Fullsac conversion on this site.  The Fullsac baffles come in 1.75", 2.0" or 2.25" so you can adjsut the loudness to your preference.

Good luck.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.