Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: CVO FuelPak??? Or??  (Read 16991 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: CVO FuelPak??? Or??
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »

Well it looks like that article answered my question, Jerry. It do not do anything under 4000 rpms in closed loop.  Thanks Doc

Doc, that is the street legal version I posted about.  Supposedly there is a non-street legal version (part number 61009 for the '08/'09 Touring), and so far I haven't found any official information on how that one works with the O2 sensor system.  I know the "illegal" version of the PC uses O2 sensor eliminators, but I haven't come across any specifics on the "illegal" version of the Fuel Pak.  Still looking.

I still say at a MSRP of $280 for the Fuel Pak you are better off with a PC for about the same money.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 09:45:03 AM »

Jerry I agree with you with the cost vs funtion of the PC 5 but as of yet there are no canned maps for the PC5 for the 110" 09 CVO Touring bikes.  Doc

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 ScreaminEagle Road Glide Blk/Sil
    • Radical Cycle
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »

Well then your in the same boat with the Fuel Pak, it has no maps and is totally stabbing in the dark right from the start.  Sorry I really hate those things, without being able to adjust ing timing or take away fuel the really are a joke played on unsuspecting bike owners who fall for there add hype.
2001 FLTRISE2 103 Stroker
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Crank
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Pistons 5 Over
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Polished and Ported Stock Heads
Manly Titanium Springs 640 Lift
Manly Stainless Valves
Screamin Eagle Cam Plate and High Flo Pump
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »

A fuel pak will run you about $250, so throw in another $250, call up member Doc 1 and get a discount on a tts mastertune.  The mastertune is all you will ever need to tune your bike no matter what you do.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 09:57:09 AM »

A fuel pak will run you about $250, so throw in another $250, call up member Doc 1 and get a discount on a tts mastertune.  The mastertune is all you will ever need to tune your bike no matter what you do.
I have been in touch with Doc1 and will get him to tune my bike when funds allow, he does not live far from me and has agreed to tune it for me.  Doc

Spazz

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »

fuel pack is im my opinion one of the best options because it will NOT affect your warranty at all. SERT will affect the warranty somehow and if you do have a problem the warranty issue will always come into question. It is not a dealer decision but the parent company that pays the dealer for warranty work. Of all the plug in applications the V&H fuel pack is the best.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 10:55:59 AM »

fuel pack is im my opinion one of the best options because it will NOT affect your warranty at all. SERT will affect the warranty somehow and if you do have a problem the warranty issue will always come into question. It is not a dealer decision but the parent company that pays the dealer for warranty work. Of all the plug in applications the V&H fuel pack is the best.

It'll affect your w.....ty the same way ANY OTHER MOD Will if they know about it, and choose to make an issue. This is a moving target and there's no consistency among the dealers. It's up to them. Cause if the MoCo knows you have a fuel pack, you're in just as deep chit as using a SERT, or anything else! Then there's the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which says they can't do that if your mod didn't cause the failure. I choose to ignore them all!!! STF!!! STD!!! STW!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »

I have been told that if you remove the V&H Fuel Pak it leaves no footprints for the DT to pick up to void your warranty. Just what I have heard. Like it was never on the bike. The Fuel Pak has been on my lists of study ,but I have had no one with a 110" 09 ever say they even work to lower temps.  Thanks Doc

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

I have been told that if you remove the V&H Fuel Pak it leaves no footprints for the DT to pick up to void your warranty. Just what I have heard. Like it was never on the bike. The Fuel Pak has been on my lists of study ,but I have had no one with a 110" 09 ever say they even work to lower temps.  Thanks Doc

If you're trying to "fool" them about any mods done, bear in mind that YOUR BIKE WILL NOT RUN PROPERLY WHEN YOU REMOVE THIS DEVICE IF IT NEEDS THIS EXTRA FUEL TO RUN PROPERLY TO BEGIN WITH. Depending on the level of mods, you're possibly risking damaging your engine by removing it!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 04:51:43 PM »

Yes you can remove it, but you'd have to remove the mods before you bring the bike in to the dealer.  They will definetely bitch about making the bike even leaner that it was from the factory. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 06:55:57 AM »

Two dealers near me both state that just changing to slip ons will not void my warranty, I also mentioned about the recores 2.25" baffles only to be told that the warranty on the mufflers was gone. But slip ons alone with no other mods they sell all the time and will back the warranty. Also was told not to remove the cats. My plan only was to add the full sac 2.25 baffles and replace the headers with non cat headers 09 stock non CVO. I just want something to add some fuel to cool the engine a lot and increase the throttle response. The fuel pak just seemed like a good opion for just doing this. Have not found anything saying that the fuel pak will do anything in the closed loop mode were I do all my cruiseing.  Doc

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 08:14:55 AM »

Doc, I ran a FP briefly on my 07 SEUC, It did absolutely nothing below 4000 rpms, I was able to lower operating temperature 20 deg or so with the addition of a set of IED's from www.nightrider.com they also increased low speed drivability, I sold the FP on Ebay and was happy with the IEDs until I swapped for my SERG, Nightrider is working on a system for the 09's should be available in the near future. I keep my bike stock with the exception of exhaust, and 98% of my driving is below 4000 rpms the 14.0 afr in closed loop was fine.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:34:46 AM by dartman »

Spazz

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »

I live in Toronto and we have 4 dealers here and several around here. I talked to the service managers at 3 of the 4 Toronto dealers for opinions. They ALL said the same thing without variance. The V&H Fuel Pack does not affect the warranty as they can just unplug it and make the warranty claim to H-D. They also ALL told me the SERT will cause warranty issues without question and this leaves the decision for repair to the parent company, and option I find crappy. All dealers told me the same thing, change pipes, headers, cams (they do not affect warranty and only cost a few hundred dollars), air cleaner, Fuel Pack and run the bike without thinking too hard. Changing the cams is probablly the best bang for the buck as the cams that come with the bike are too EPA freindly and lack the performance we all seek. These mods will not change the reliability of your bike and will increase everything from HP to torque significantly. Also, the SERT requires tuning much more frequently and dyno tunes every season to keep the bike running as it should. I don't know about you fellas, but I think we are almost all on the same page, it's a toy or distraction, keep it simple stupid works for me.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »

Not sure why you would say that you need to tune your bike each season as that is not true unless your changing modifications each season. You should be able to properly tune the bike one time and leave it alone provided you do not add new parts that causes changes. If someone is telling you that you need to re-tune the SERT each season then stay far far away from them as they have no idea how to tune a bike properly.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »

Not sure why you would say that you need to tune your bike each season as that is not true unless your changing modifications each season. You should be able to properly tune the bike one time and leave it alone provided you do not add new parts that causes changes. If someone is telling you that you need to re-tune the SERT each season then stay far far away from them as they have no idea how to tune a bike properly.

Thank you Steve! I was gonna say the same thing. Retune every year? The things we hear outta dealers mouths! Sheesh!!! STD!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.