Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Columbia, TN  (Read 1301 times)

Bagger

Columbia, TN
« on: March 03, 2007, 10:09:46 PM »

Courtesy of Terry, I have some new mufflers on the way.  So I wanted to know what part number download is in my ECM, since I never did know in the first place.  I got up this morning, putzed around, did some studying, let Renea sleep in, drank a pot of coffee............typical Saturday morning.  When Renea got up, I asked her if she wanted to ride up to HD of Columbia with me.  She said she did, despite the cold, so we leathered up and hit the highway.  Traveling up US 431, we stopped at Honey's Diner in Fayetteville, TN for breakfast.  You should visit that diner.  It dates back to 1923.  Lots of nostalgia in that place.  Anyway, we ate breakfast, then got back on the road.  We stayed on US 431 through Lewisburg, and turned on TN 99 toward Columbia.  When we got there, Renea was a Popsicle.  Despite her layers, chaps, leather coat, scarf, heated seat and my big a$$ blocking the wind.............the lady was cold.  She was glad when we got to the dealership.  She hugged the coffee pot when we got there, bought a new pair of gloves and a neck gaiter..........and stood in front of the heater in the shop.  I had Moose hook up the DT to Ol' Thumper, and I finally gained the knowledge for which I've been searching.  I have P/N:  34303-06 Stage 1 Race.  So, I'm good to go to use the mufflers I'm getting from Terry.  I knew it had to be a race download, since I've hit the rev limiter at 6.2K RPM.  If you have never been to HD of Columbia.........GO.  It is small, family owned, well stocked, and the people are awesome.  Great shop.  Wasn't the first time we've been there, but at 72 miles from my front door, it is the closest shop besides the POS crappy, worthless, good-for-nothing dealership in Madison, AL known as Rocket City HD.  Yeah, I'm bashing them, and they deserve it.  I'm certain I'm not the only CVO Harley member who knows about that place.  Anyway, we left HD of Columbia and headed home via I-65 to US 31 into Ardmore, AL where we picked up AL 53 to Pulaski Pike.  The rest is small backroads to our home.  Great ride today............and it was nice to get home and get by the fireplace.  BRRRRRRRRRR!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Columbia, TN
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:54:25 AM »

Henry...glad to hear you already have the right flash for the ECM and these muffs.  You should notice an improvement in total performance.

Also glad to hear you and Renea had a nice ride into TN...it got a little cooler here as the day progressed.  Suzanne and I took the Vrod out to Dreams, and it was a little chilly.

We'll have to visit the dealer you mentioned!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:19:35 AM »

I knew it had to be a race download, since I've hit the rev limiter at 6.2K RPM.
[/quote

Bagger, I was riding my SERK today, the fastest one in the Black Ice color,  (Did I do good Howie? )  and noticed that I also hit the rev limiter somewhere around 6200 rpm. Is that the norm or should it be higher? It kinda surprised me when it kicked in and I thought maybe it should have been set higher but I don't really know. I have the SERT, D & D 2 -1 pipes, and Doherty power pac with their a/c ( the blue matches my bike, lol). Any info that you would be willing to provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, jj. 

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:31:14 AM »

I knew it had to be a race download, since I've hit the rev limiter at 6.2K RPM.
[/quote

Bagger, I was riding my SERK today, the fastest one in the Black Ice color,  (Did I do good Howie? )  and noticed that I also hit the rev limiter somewhere around 6200 rpm. Is that the norm or should it be higher? It kinda surprised me when it kicked in and I thought maybe it should have been set higher but I don't really know. I have the SERT, D & D 2 -1 pipes, and Doherty power pac with their a/c ( the blue matches my bike, lol). Any info that you would be willing to provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, jj. 

Well, that SERT explains it.  First, when stock, your rev limit would be 5500 RPM.  When you had the SERT installed, the technician set your rev limit to 6200 RPM.  Can he go higher?............yeah, he can, but I don't think it is a good idea.  You can always have him do it.........or do it yourself, but I'd caution against it.  Too much happening too quick for the way the engine is built to be pushing much above 6200.  What surprises me is your surprise at the rev limit kicking in at 6200.  That is really pretty generous.  I rarely hit the rev limiter.  Done it twice on my SEUC, and that was just to verify.  Much above 4000 and my scoot is a handful............gotta really hang on.  I guess I'm just happy with it like it is.  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »

Bagger, sounds like you need to contact hd-dude to get Renea and yourself a pair of the Schampas.  Those things really work in the cold.....unlike anything else.  Hell, I've all but quit using my heated gear since I got the Schampas.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,5491.0.html
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 10:30:14 AM »

Courtesy of Terry, I have some new mufflers on the way.  So I wanted to know what part number download is in my ECM, since I never did know in the first place.  I got up this morning, putzed around, did some studying, let Renea sleep in, drank a pot of coffee............typical Saturday morning.  When Renea got up, I asked her if she wanted to ride up to HD of Columbia with me.  She said she did, despite the cold, so we leathered up and hit the highway.  Traveling up US 431, we stopped at Honey's Diner in Fayetteville, TN for breakfast.  You should visit that diner.  It dates back to 1923.  Lots of nostalgia in that place.  Anyway, we ate breakfast, then got back on the road.  We stayed on US 431 through Lewisburg, and turned on TN 99 toward Columbia.  When we got there, Renea was a Popsicle.  Despite her layers, chaps, leather coat, scarf, heated seat and my big a$$ blocking the wind.............the lady was cold.  She was glad when we got to the dealership.  She hugged the coffee pot when we got there, bought a new pair of gloves and a neck gaiter..........and stood in front of the heater in the shop.  I had Moose hook up the DT to Ol' Thumper, and I finally gained the knowledge for which I've been searching.  I have P/N:  34303-06 Stage 1 Race.  So, I'm good to go to use the mufflers I'm getting from Terry.  I knew it had to be a race download, since I've hit the rev limiter at 6.2K RPM.  If you have never been to HD of Columbia.........GO.  It is small, family owned, well stocked, and the people are awesome.  Great shop.  Wasn't the first time we've been there, but at 72 miles from my front door, it is the closest shop besides the POS crappy, worthless, good-for-nothing dealership in Madison, AL known as Rocket City HD.  Yeah, I'm bashing them, and they deserve it.  I'm certain I'm not the only CVO Harley member who knows about that place.  Anyway, we left HD of Columbia and headed home via I-65 to US 31 into Ardmore, AL where we picked up AL 53 to Pulaski Pike.  The rest is small backroads to our home.  Great ride today............and it was nice to get home and get by the fireplace.  BRRRRRRRRRR!

MAN OH MAN I sure miss SWEET HOME ALABAMA

Bubba
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.