Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2100 mile trip  (Read 1166 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
2100 mile trip
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:38:32 PM »

my son and his pals were going to moab ut from so cal so i decided it was a good enough reason to hit road
day 1 left home in solvang and took hwy 15 thru las vegas and onto mesquite. i got overheated in vegas. traffic jams and searing sun= not good. 450 miles
day 2 left mesquite early and hit utah to hwy 70 east. beautifull country. onto moab had dinner looked at a few things 400 miles
day 3 got up early and did not want anything to do with that desert heat so back west and into nevada on hwy 50. americas lonliest road. hit ely nv. and down 6 to tonapaw. 170 miles with no services. i went about 80 miles without seeing one car! onto benton and lee vining and over tioga pass trhough yosemite and to my little place in the gold country. 14 hrs 810 miles. butts a little tired by now
day 4 beer and rest
day 5 beer,tonic and more rest. butts feeling better if anyone cares
day 6 leave early its hot! head for pacific coast at montery ca and ride hwy 1 south towards home. what a life
2100 miles no problems but like ernie said those last 1000 miles on those tires go fast so i did have stop and get a new rear

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 2100 mile trip
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »

Every time someone posts a picture like that I think to myself--------I can't wait till I get to take my bike out west and through the mountains.

Thanks, Hobo :thinking2:
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »

If you ever go back to Moab, go to the ranger station and sign up for the Fiery Furnace tour, they only take a limited number each day. We did this trip a few years back Colorado to Moab, Moab to Durango, Durango up the million dollar highway thru Black Canyon of the Gunnison, to Glenwood Springs and back home. It was great, a little hot, but fun. Don't have my pic's on the computer, but here's a few from the web.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:22:34 AM »

One more from Fiery Furnace.

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:24:02 AM »

One from Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.