Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stumbled on a Gem  (Read 6180 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Stumbled on a Gem
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 04:39:01 PM »

Yep, thats the one. Hope you can make it, I would if I could.   
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 05:44:11 PM »

::)
2K.............You're (kinda) right about the crowds in Pigeon Forge during the first week of Sept.   I just returned from the (Shades of the Past) Rod Run with my '39 Chevy and while there were over 2500 cars signed up for the event,  the total attendance and crowds are down considerably from just a few yrs ago.  Still some traffic jams,  but not too bad.

As you may or may not have seen from my past entries regarding that area,  any lengthy stay should include a night out at the Peddlers restaurant in G'Berg on river road.  Excellent steaks, etc. and one of the most extensive salad bars I've ever seen.

I too will try out your route next time I get out that way on the Harley,  meantime,  I get very distracted by your avatar as I've always been into the big melons................Hope this one shows up as another.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 08:14:21 PM »

::)
2K.............You're (kinda) right about the crowds in Pigeon Forge during the first week of Sept.   I just returned from the (Shades of the Past) Rod Run with my '39 Chevy and while there were over 2500 cars signed up for the event,  the total attendance and crowds are down considerably from just a few yrs ago.  Still some traffic jams,  but not too bad.

As you may or may not have seen from my past entries regarding that area,  any lengthy stay should include a night out at the Peddlers restaurant in G'Berg on river road.  Excellent steaks, etc. and one of the most extensive salad bars I've ever seen.

I too will try out your route next time I get out that way on the Harley,  meantime,  I get very distracted by your avatar as I've always been into the big melons................Hope this one shows up as another.

2K and moscooter, you guys are killing me. I just can't consentrate on what I'm reading ,the spelling kinda suckin too :o

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »

Jimmy,

32 was great.
Hit it from the north end. The unpaved was OK, hard packed with some loose, all down hill from that direction. The hairpins were a bit of a challenge.

Doing it again next year  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 21 queries.