Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2014 FLHRSE. My journey so far...  (Read 3618 times)

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

Re: 2014 FLHRSE. My journey so far...
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 09:51:10 PM »

Bars....

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 09:52:25 PM »

Fairing comes in, mounted the rear speakers

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 09:53:43 PM »

Wiring complete, time for the fairing

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 09:54:30 PM »

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 10:03:07 PM »

Finally everything reassembled

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »

Last pic for the night. Will get a couple pics tomorrow if the sun is out. Took it for a ride tonight. Sound is incredible. The Focal speakers recommended by Kevin at Dragonfly, was definitely the right choice. Extremely loud and crystal clear with no distortion.

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 10:08:46 PM »

Only thing not installed yet, only because they haven’t arrived yet, is the new adjustable levers from hogleverage.com. Hopefully will make the hydraulic clutch a little easier to use

zellerdude

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King FLHRSE5
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 11:42:32 PM »

It is too bad you had to completely (almost) redo your bike. Any dealer that would not take a bike back after one day would be on my chit list to the point where they would be begging me for the bike back after I was through exposing them on every social media outlet available. Additionally, isn't there a 3 business day right of rescission there on any contract you sign? That's pretty much in every state.

Anyway, your bike looks great! Love the paint scheme! I have a 2013 FLHRSE5 and it came with an incredible 200W sound system, front and rear speakers, as well as lower (fairing - not sure what is called?) in the front. I have no idea why they decided to eliminate those features.

My biggest issue has been the extreme heat that comes from the header pipe from the front cylinder. I have Jackpot header pipes with no cat and it is still unbearable when it's hot out. My right calf, right under my knee, feels like it is in boiling water. Granted, it's been close to 100 deg and humid, which is not optimal for any bike, but my 07 Heritage never came close to this excruciating pain. Called the dealer and talked to both service and parts - they both said that is the way it is with that engine and know of no solution. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do in Sturgis this summer when I'm downtown, it's hot AF and I have nowhere to be able to get off and cool down cuz there is a huge line of bikes.

I hope you enjoy your toy and it brings you many miles of happiness!

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »

Great job getting it where it should be. I made the same mistake 10 years ago, got talked into a road king too. Just for the record, less is NOT more, more is more!
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »

If you read the fine print on the sales contract the 3 day resincion is if a dealer comes to you and sells you the vehicle. If you buy at the dealer when you drive over the curb if it breaks in half you own both halves other than factory or purchased warranty. This has been misinterpreted for years.

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 08:08:17 PM »

The next step was to add the turn signals. I’ve been looking at different Harley mounts and different ideas, but nothing appealed to me. I decided to try and use an existing mount and see what I could do.

The bolts holding the rubber mounts to the side of the bike are 5/16x18. I went to Ace with one of the turn signals, and removed the ball mount from the signal. The thread there is 5/16x24. I was hoping to get a piece of all thread if the thread patterns were the same.

What I ended up finding was stud bolts, course 5/16x18 on one side and fine 5/16x24 on the other side. Removed the existing bolt holding the bottom rubber mount, screwed the new bolt stud in, used 2 nuts to tighten it, then added the washer, a 3/8 spacer and just screwed the turn signal onto the mount. No extra mounts needed, no holes to drill.

If you have handlebar mounted turn signals, this is the easiest way to drop the signals down onto the lower arms.

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 08:10:37 PM »

Also decided to add a black windshield trim.

My hoglevers finally came in, so have to change out the levers, but honestly since changing the handlebars, the hydraulic clutch is so much easier to use. Up in the air if I want to return them.

Think my next project is going to carpet the inside of the saddle bags then I am going to maybe find a chopped rear tour pack, have it painted and maybe install a 12 sub for some bass. The 4 6x9s are plenty loud, but think a little more bass is needed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:15:57 PM by Mutt »

Mutt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2018, 10:14:39 PM »

Decided to install the levers. Quick and easy. I also had 2 extra tweeters that came in the package with the rear speakers. I took the fairing off today and installed those where the stock mirrors would normally go. I also removed the turn signal mounts from the bottom of the mirrors to clean up the bars some. I even washed her today, right before the rain started.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.