Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Bushtec Trailers  (Read 7781 times)

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
Re: Bushtec Trailers
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 12:27:19 AM »

True, true.  But with the isolator and the harness for the trailer there is no way to have it neat.  Just too much spaghetti to have to tuck in.

Here's how mine ended up. Still kind of a mess but it worked out pretty good. The isolator fit pretty well under the back rest support.....
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 08:32:45 AM »

It is amazing what needs to be added for all the electrical goodies we put on our bikes.  I have the controller & equalizers for my Panacea lights (front & rear); for my trailer wiring - the adapter & the isolator.  And in addition hooked up to the battery are wires for battery tender, heated gear, Legend air suspension.  Somehow it all fits but it is tight.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 09:49:06 AM »

I verified that all the side lights are LED when I called Bushtec on Friday.  Ordered the upgrade kit - which did not include the interior light (I'll get that later).

The guy did say that a lot of people do put a cigar type receptacle by the interior light for charging cell phones/ipods.  He said to use the black wire as it is the one that runs directly to the battery.

I have a few electrical accessories that I hooked up to the bike and have been able to keep it all clean, but my challenge was the darned battery post!  I had my original factory battery replaced in my last "visit" with the dealer because of a dead cell and the new one has a second set of bolt "posts" on top of the battery.  Much better for accessibility and installation for battery terminated tender, heated gear, etc.

My trailer did ship on Friday the 8th (due on the 14th) as promised so it looks like I'll get a case of "Friday flu" on the 15th so I can put it all together (including new Lyndall brake pads all 'round) and take training rides on Sat and Sun.

Mark

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »

I verified that all the side lights are LED when I called Bushtec on Friday.  Ordered the upgrade kit - which did not include the interior light (I'll get that later).

The guy did say that a lot of people do put a cigar type receptacle by the interior light for charging cell phones/ipods.  He said to use the black wire as it is the one that runs directly to the battery.

I have a few electrical accessories that I hooked up to the bike and have been able to keep it all clean, but my challenge was the darned battery post!  I had my original factory battery replaced in my last "visit" with the dealer because of a dead cell and the new one has a second set of bolt "posts" on top of the battery.  Much better for accessibility and installation for battery terminated tender, heated gear, etc.

My trailer did ship on Friday the 8th (due on the 14th) as promised so it looks like I'll get a case of "Friday flu" on the 15th so I can put it all together (including new Lyndall brake pads all 'round) and take training rides on Sat and Sun.

Mark
Mark, are those built in as a part of the battery or are they some type of bolt on to the side terminals.  Heck might be worth springing for a new battery just to have that.  Those side terminals are a bitch.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »

They are built in to the battery on top -- very clever this battery designers are.   ;)

Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.