Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Harley To Discontinue 6 Models In 2014 Lineup (not sure about CVO Breakout)  (Read 7715 times)

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE

Harley To Discontinue 6 Models In 2014 Lineup (not sure about CVO Breakout)  http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/05/02/harley-davidson-to-discontinue-6-models-in-2014-lineup/

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue

No Surprise's there.
DND

BakedInMN

• Junior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE

I guess that makes my 2013 FLHTCUSE8 a real collectible now...

I'll just park it next to my 2003 Anniversary Dyna. The hard part will be waiting for the 200th (or would that be the 210th) Anniversary to sell them for possibly what I paid for them.

Score!

:apple: :huepfenlol2: :apple:
My current stable:
1972 FLH Shovelhead
2003 FXSD 100th Anniversary Blue
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
2014 FXSBSE Molten Cobalt

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs

Hard to believe they are discontinuing the Road King Classic. I thought it was a big seller. I guess buyers want fully tricked-out baggers with fairings and audio now.

Too bad... the RKC is a beautiful machine that hardens back to a less complex era.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

Hard to believe they are discontinuing the Road King Classic. I thought it was a big seller. I guess buyers want fully tricked-out baggers with fairings and audio now. Too bad... the RKC is a beautiful machine that hardens back to a less complex era.
Ken

Yep Ken.  When all Harleys were air cooled, mechanically loud, antiquated transmission/suspension/handling.... :o ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21:

:huepfenlol2: Just a'kiddin' ol' buddy.  :huepfenlol2: 

I'm with you on the RKC looks.  The Road King never had a good feel to me (sitting or riding) but sure like that look of the classic.  Hate to see that one gone.
Howard

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool

I guess that makes my 2013 FLHTCUSE8 a real collectible now...

I'll just park it next to my 2003 Anniversary Dyna. The hard part will be waiting for the 200th (or would that be the 210th) Anniversary to sell them for possibly what I paid for them.

Score!

:apple: :huepfenlol2: :apple:

Naw, according to the article they just discontinued the Electra Glide CLASSIC - not the ULTRA CLASSIC. I'm sure they will produce the FLHTCUSE9,10,11  - mayber after 9 they will start using roman numerals  -- FLHTCUSE.X - okay maybe not--  :huepfenlol2:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs

I can see them discontinuing the EG Classic... It's a just an Ultra without all of the bells and whistles - in the same way as the EG Standard was before it, and the old Evo EG Sport (FLHS) that had a windshield not a fairing before that. I can see most E-Glide buyers wanting an Ultra and not a Classic.

The discontinuing of the Road King Classic is a very different thing, though. The RK - and later the RKC - have been the mainstay for old school, non-fairing looks ever since it came out in 1994. There even used to be a Road King Custom that dissappeared several years ago.

The article said the RK Classic was being discontinued in the US, and the RK was being discontinued in Europe. I wonder if the standard RK will continue to be sold in the US, or if both Road Kings are going away altogether. That would be a shame - but I can see the now-automotive-centric thinking of the MoCo's current management as wanting to get new buyers to step up to the Ultra. I would think that Road King buyers would constitute a separate and statistically significant demographic from E-Glide buyers, though.

Makes me wonder how long they'll even keep offering the Street Glide, now that Willie G. is history... it WAS his baby, after all.

Ken
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:01:44 PM by North Georgia Hawg »

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool

I think I read somewhere else that the Road King will be a US only model and the Road King Classic will be an international model.

Still lots of speculation out there about the Road Glide and the "tooling" changes, many are theorizing that entire "sharknose" is being redesigned  into some strange combination of a batwing single headlight and the angular look of the shark..Could turn out interesting.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

I think I read somewhere else that the Road King will be a US only model and the Road King Classic will be an international model.

Still lots of speculation out there about the Road Glide and the "tooling" changes, many are theorizing that entire "sharknose" is being redesigned  into some strange combination of a batwing single headlight and the angular look of the shark..Could turn out interesting.

At the considerable risk of being labeled a baseless rumor-monger... I probably should not even write this... I was riding with a guy a few weeks ago who is a friend of a friend, whose name I cannot remember, who told me that there is only one mold that is used to make all of the RG fairings... and it broke. Apparently it can't be fixed, so they have decided to redesign the fairing.

Who knows whether there is any truth at all to this... but apparently this guy was told this by Willie G's pool boy's sister's boss's cousin Martha... so it's PROBABLY true!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun

Maybe they will fix the RG so that the headlight turns with the handlebars. Guess you get used to it, just seems like it would leave a big blind spot at night.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?

Sportster XR1200X - probably one of the worst sellers
Softail Blackline - see above comment (maybe they're finally out of black paint?)
Electra Glide Classic - probably not a lot of profit margin in the basic model
Road King Classic - makes not sense, it's truly a 'classic' but numbers speak to bean counters
FLHR abandoned outside the US - probably not surprised here
2 models are temporarily discontinued - completely redesigned & new tooling
Road Glide Custom & Road Glide Ultra - Don, please check with Willie G's pool boy, if it's getting serviced for the summer!  :bananarock:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max

I loved my two Road Kings.
Bill

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page

I loved my two Road Kings.
I love my CVO Street Glide, but I sure do miss my '03 Road King Classic...

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange

I love my CVO Street Glide, but I sure do miss my '03 Road King Classic...

Same here.  I still miss my '04 Road King Classic.  It was my first Harley...

Jerry/MD

Who knows whether there is any truth at all to this... but apparently this guy was told this by Willie G's pool boy's sister's boss's cousin Martha... so it's PROBABLY true!

Ken

Now that`s funny...I don`t care what you say.  ;D

All this stuff about the Road Glide is interesting. Only one mold for the fairing...and cannot be repaired? Kinda hard to believe.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.