Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Am I wierd ?  (Read 7025 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Am I wierd ?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 11:34:52 AM »

Lately in the evenings after dinner when I've had my fill of giving all of you my opinions (whether you want them or not )  I've taken to sitting in the garage and admiring my two gorgeous Harley-Davidson motorcycles. I used to chide my dad about buying stuff just to look at and not using it. While I don't think it's a matter of dispute that I ride and ride a lot, this latest habit has me wondering

Am I wierd ?

B B
BB,
I'd think you were weird if you didn't do it.  ;)  It's part of my routine.  I get sad though when I see Midnight sitting in the garage and not doing what it does best, run in the wind, but then I just pick up a cloth and polish it up a little, and all's better.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 11:38:12 AM »

Sounds like we are all a little "weird"
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »

Yea, B B...you're weird as chit, but you're in good company... ;)  Every night when I get home from work and pull into the basement, I have to stop for a moment and look at my bikes to make sure they're OK, and to just generally admire what a fine piece of work they are, think about stuff I want to do in the future, and wipe the dust off, if any.  Just this past weekend, I did all the fluids on Saturday, then went down Sunday and gave her a good going over...a couple of beers, and three microfiber cloths later, she was shining like a new penny.  I like doing that...gets me familiar with every nook and cranny, bolt and screw.  I might even talk to her... [smiley=nervous.gif], [highlight]and Jill, the GPS lady, even talks back a little... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif][/highlight]
Now if I could just alter WHAT she says to me, it might really get kinky [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

DAMN Terry!

Thank you Thank you!

Always wondered what her name was.
She's called me a dumba$$ a few times and I always wanted to tell her that may be true but I control the power cord.
Look out Jill! No more calling me names!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »

Perfectly normal ,I have names for my three and speak to them daily. When my wife gets ticked at me she tell me to go sleep with one of them ....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »

Perfectly normal ,I have names for my three and speak to them daily. When my wife gets ticked at me she tell me to go sleep with one of them ....
Of course your reply is.....

"Well honey you know I can ride them as long as I want, or as little as I want. They are always ready and never complain, never have a headache, never want me to go shopping with them, and when I do go shopping they don't complain if I don't get anything for them."

[smiley=oops.gif] On second thought some things may be better off kept to us. [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »

Wow, your wife would LET you sleep with them? I wish my wife was that enlightened. ;)
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 05:58:36 PM »

Lately in the evenings after dinner when I've had my fill of giving all of you my opinions (whether you want them or not )  I've taken to sitting in the garage and admiring my two gorgeous Harley-Davidson motorcycles. I used to chide my dad about buying stuff just to look at and not using it. While I don't think it's a matter of dispute that I ride and ride a lot, this latest habit has me wondering

[highlight][size=16]Am I wierd ?[/size][/highlight]

B B

Dude;

That door's sooo wide open Hub could drive his truck through it. ;D ;D

Eccentric's probably closer to it and damn near all of us are as well.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 08:20:19 PM »

Lately in the evenings I've taken to sitting in the garage and admiring my two gorgeous Harley-Davidson motorcycles. I ride and ride a lot, this latest habit has me wondering

Am I wierd ?

B B

As long as you keep your damn clothes on you have nothing to worry about! :-/ :-[  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

It's perfectly normal [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Keep on admiring Bro.... :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:21:24 PM by GROVER »

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »

B B, IM WORRIED ABOUT YOU, BUT YOU ARE A SURVIVER,SO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE YOU & THE WIFEY HAPPY IS ALL THAT MATTERS, SIT OUT THERE AND LOOK AT IT ALL YOU WANT, ITS YOURS AND YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF IT. I BET AFTER A COUPLE HOURS OF STAREING AT IT, YOU PROBALY WIPE IT A LITTLE TOO. ITS OK, PEOPLE TALK TOO PLANTS, WHY NOT. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] JUST DONT BRING IT TO BED WITH YOU! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 08:52:23 PM »

Nah, that's perfectly OK.  Only weird when you actually bring them inside the house.

Now what's so weird about that Jerry?  That's exactly what Ilene wants to be able to do...  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »

Now what's so weird about that Jerry?  That's exactly what Ilene wants to be able to do...  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Now Tbone that's a good woman!

In the bike garage the heat has been on since November and the cd  plays tunes like "Get your motor running" and "I can't drive 55". I have 4 battery tenders hanging from the ceiling with green lights blinking. The bikes are clean, waxed, warm, entertained and charged ready for Nancy and I.

If only BB would sell me his 03 Silver and Black Harley truck life would be complete!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:10:08 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »

Now Tbone that's a good woman!

In the bike garage the heat has been on since November and the cd  plays tunes like "Get your motor running" and "I can't drive 55". I have 4 battery tenders hanging from the ceiling with green lights blinking. They are clean, waxed, warm, entertained and charged ready for Nancy and I.

If only BB would sell me his 03 Silver and Black Harley truck life would be complete!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Now that's what I call a sweet setup Chip!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:12:22 PM by Tbone »
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »

I think Chip hit on the reason I do this. Whenever I buy a new bike, I make a list of everything I can find in the Parts Catalogue that will fit it (and I mean everything.)  I then prioritize my list and start with the most important stuff. The bike everyone saw at MV in October was just a starting point. So as I'm working along, I usually can't wait to take it for a ride whenever I've done something. Don't know why I need to test ride a new set of mirrors, but I figure the people on this site understand. Anyway, obviously if I'm riding I'm not looking and thinking at what I've done. As I was reading Chip's post I realized that what I'm doing is going over the bike with a critical eye, thinking through what's planned next and questioning whether it is going to look good or not. Twolane and I had some back and forth awhile back on how you know when you're ride is " done" I think this sitting in the garage thing is related to that. Took me a long time to decide to put the Kuryakn Frame covers on Elvis, even after seeing them on Big Daddy's Purple SERK and Grover's Pumpkin SEEG. Wasn't sure they'd go good with the Gold paint and then one day while I was sitting there my watch caught on the arm of the recliner ( yeah, I've got a recliner in my garage LOL) and the watch is Gold and Silver and damn that's right, I love gold and silver together. Ok, all this rambling has me wondering if I'm stark raving mad with just enough sanity left that I'm trying to convince myself I'm not nuts.  :o

B B
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:51:41 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 01:05:21 AM »

Am I wierd ?

B B

There must be a God.  Gone for 10 or 12 days and one of the very first things seen upon return is BB asking "am I weird?".

OF COURSE YOU ARE WEIRD!  

But what's that got to do with enjoying looking at the motorcycles  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?

The question actually brings up a smile though buddy.  Before my dad died a lot of evenings were spent in the shop with our feet up on something, accomplishing absolutely nothing, looking at the toys, making plans and bouncing ideas, just letting the time pass with the radio on in the background enjoying the space and the place.  They still get spent that way sometimes.  Though the company is a bit more solitary though.  Those are the nights I still get to talk to my dad.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 01:08:34 AM »

Twolane and I had some back and forth awhile back on how you know when you're ride is " done" I think this sitting in the garage thing is related to that.  

I remember that Brian.  And you're right.  That garage time is part of the process.  Y'know what though, done (whether for the moment or for awhile) really has the same answer as when we talked about how they get their names.  They tell us man, and then we know when it feels right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.