Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Appliance recommendations please  (Read 2814 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Appliance recommendations please
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:28 PM »

None unless you don't mind your washer jumpin around like it is in a mosh pit :huepfenlol2:

Unintended consequeces.....  Ape hangers would be ok though?

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 08:28:25 PM »

Agitator....  you had to mention agitator....  Ok, on a washer with the old fashioned vertical agitator how much can I change the rake without negatively impacting either the handling or the rinse :nixweiss: ?

With an aftermarket cam the 110 degree rake can be altered to a 140 degree rake and life will be good again

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »

Who knows what a wigwag is?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »

:bananarock:   oooh, pick me pick me ! 

I remember these things.  I ran a Monkey Wards service department the last couple years I was an undergrad and remember working on these in belt driven machines from Whirlpool/Kenmore.  One of the old timers told me the name came from the old railroad wig wag warning signs and how these moved similar.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

You win the grand prize, a wigwag will be in the mail, even though the machine that uses them have been out of production almost 30 years.

Formally FLHTCUSE3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:53 PM »

You win the grand prize, a wigwag will be in the mail, even though the machine that uses them have been out of production almost 30 years.

:znotworthy:

True story (or at least as true as too many years of faded memory can make it).  It's the time of the year the service dept manager has to do ride-alongs for performance evals.  One of the outside techs was a 50-ish year old whose weekend job was Baptist preacher.  Service call is to sorority house at the local university.  

They, of course, have a bad wig wag assembly.  But Jerry just can't make himself tell the girls this.  It's spring.  Some girls are in bikini, one is in a towel and others are just generally milling around.  And Jerry can't tell the girls they've got a bad wig wag.  

Finally I bail him out and tell the crowd what's up.  The house mom asks (with a big chit eating grin) just how much a wig wag will cost.  By now Jerry is 14 shades of purple and may actually have been holding his breath.  I whisper in his ear (as well as one can whisper while laughing) that I can't complete his eval positively if he can't speak with the customer.  So, against his own will, he tells the girls, yes, they've got a bad wig wag and it'll cost some unremembered number of dollars.  Then he runs out of the house and heads to the van.  

I got one phone number that day and the next morning had two other guys bidding to see who would get the return call when the parts came in.  :drink:

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »

I do  :)
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 10:04:48 PM »

Mark, I didn't read all 4 pages  but I have to deal with 4 Bosh units and either myself or the repair man has to work on at least 1 every year. The two Home Depot specials at half the price I have never have any problems. Don't know if Andy, AK, posted here but he buys dishwashers by the dozens and installs them in his places.  Might check with him. Roger
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:06:57 PM by trapperdog »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.