CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Install of CB module on 2018 CVO Road Glide

(1/4) > >>

BiggDog:
Has anyone installed the CB module on the 2018 2018 CVO Road Glide? My dealer is saying the CB modules do not function with the BOOM Audio on the 2018 as they did on 2017 and previous model years. The controls are included on the right handlebar and the radio has a pop up saying that "No CB Module Found". If anyone has done an install I would appreciate any info you can forward as to which module you purchased and if it was simple plug and play or did the radio require a flash update?

BigLew55:
I saved my CB off of my 2015 FLHTK, and installed it on my 2018 FLHTK by just plugging it in.

I did have the lighted hand controls installed at delivery, which included the PTT button.

BiggDog:
Great to hear, but the dealership tells me that the FLH is the only model which the CB will function on?! It just doesn't make sense to me that the controls are included, the radio pops up stating "no module installed".

Did you install an external antennae or was there one inside the fairing?

How is the range bike to bike?

Cheers

BigLew55:
The Ultra Limited was wired for the CB antenna, all I had to add was the mast, which I also kept.

I haven't ridden it around anyone else to test range.

I also installed the WHIM, but had to unplug it.  I found the headsets inadequate for my riding style, and the wired mic didn't work until I unplugged the module.  This had no effect on the BOOM seeing the CB module.

I honestly don't know why the BOOM wouldn't recognize the CB, even on the CVOs, but they've done some weird stuff in the past.

FLSTFI Dave:
As usual dealers is clueless.  The CB module I installed on my 18 CVO Road Glide works just fine.  Did not even have to have head unit updated, it recognized it right a way.    I did a month later have the dealer switch the PTT with the Cruise.

Notice your bike did come with the PTT button.

here is how I set up my antenna.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version