CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Install of CB module on 2018 CVO Road Glide

<< < (2/4) > >>

grc:

I see nothing much has changed, still can't trust a dealership to know anything about the product but they are more than happy to spew bad information by the boatload.

Jerry

skratch:
what they're really saying is, 'i don't have a clue how to do this, and since it is not going to be a high demand service, i am not going to take the time to research it so that i can help you out and earn a little money in the process'

BiggDog:
FLSTFI Dave, would you mind sending me the part number for the module, or confirm it is the same as below?

76000486a
Boom! Audio Bike-to-Bike Communications Kit MSRP:$324.95
PRICE: $267.35
Communicate with your friends on any of 40 channels. Easy to use handlebar controls allow Push-To-Talk (PTT) and adjustable squelch levels for maximum performance and reception quality. Integrated CB System will mute the radio while in transmit or receive mode. Bike-to-Bike system allows you and your passenger to talk with other riders 

FLSTFI Dave:
That is exactly the one I installed.  One little mounting screw is a real pain in the ass.  Run it in and out a couple times before putting the module and bracket with it.  The rest was very easy.  Tank comes off easy to run antenna wire under it in wire tray.  Antenna and mount are not included.

BiggDog:
Thanks for the confirmation Dave, ordering today. Great job on the antennae install, very clean. Looking at the HD antennae description it does not mention cabling as included, did you order separately as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version