CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Headlight

(1/3) > >>

JONNIEROCK:
          I own a 2016 CVO Street Glide, Someone told me they have the HD Day maker headlight installed as standard equipment. I'm not real happy happy with the amount or direction of light from the OEM light. Also I've got a 2014 Ultra limited and have the same problem, but don't exactly what type of of headlight the Limited came with. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
                          Thanks Jonnierock

Tail Rider:
I was under the impression that they came with the Daymakers...maybe post pic

OBB:

--- Quote from: JONNIEROCK on January 25, 2020, 09:17:58 PM ---          I own a 2016 CVO Street Glide, Someone told me they have the HD Day maker headlight installed as standard equipment. I'm not real happy happy with the amount or direction of light from the OEM light. Also I've got a 2014 Ultra limited and have the same problem, but don't exactly what type of of headlight the Limited came with. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
                          Thanks Jonnierock

--- End quote ---
Are the light bulbs the same in both bikes? If so, your CVO does not have a Daymaker.

grc:

The 2014 FLHTKSE's came stock with part number 67700241, Daymaker LED headlamps.  This is the newer style "projector" Daymaker headlamp, as opposed to the previous style "reflector" Daymaker headlamp.  There is a definite difference in the way those two styles look and the light patterns they produce.  Compare the light output and pattern between a bike with the old style and the new style, most people can easily see the difference.  I've seen a lot of complaints about the light output and pattern after the change was made.

Jerry

OBB:

--- Quote from: grc on January 26, 2020, 08:44:22 AM ---The 2014 FLHTKSE's came stock with part number 67700241, Daymaker LED headlamps.  This is the newer style "projector" Daymaker headlamp, as opposed to the previous style "reflector" Daymaker headlamp.  There is a definite difference in the way those two styles look and the light patterns they produce.  Compare the light output and pattern between a bike with the old style and the new style, most people can easily see the difference.  I've seen a lot of complaints about the light output and pattern after the change was made.

Jerry

--- End quote ---
He said He has a 14 (non cvo) and a 16 cvo. The part number you gave is for a 14 cvo. Not sure if that makes any difference on what He's asking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version