CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

I need guidance from the really knowledgeable about Boom/BoomII

(1/2) > >>

motor1:
I purchased the GTS radio ( don’t judge, bought it from saved gift certificates) about a week and a half ago. I am installing myself and then to dealer for flash to make it all work. Question is this,I have had Boom II for a year and a half ago rode to dealer and had a reflash for Boom II, with speaker disconnected so as not to blow them as per the instructions. Not sure if I have to disconnect again ( a PIA ) or if I am ok, I love this site as I feel like the advise is pretty good, what are your thoughts? Not sure if the reflash was just to the equalizers or if it involves the radio to. I have attached copy of instructions from speaker install almost 2 years ago, nothing mentioned in the new instructions on how to proceed.

ultrafxr:
Well honestly . . . I have no idea.  But with that said I would advise better safe than sorry.  No matter how much of a PIA it is to disconnect it'll be an even bigger PIA if they blow out and you have to replace them - $$$ and time.  Perhaps call the moco but then again they're like the IRS - take our advice at your own risk, lol.

motor1:
Thought about calling customer service on Monday, (worth a try) but not even sure if they are in with the Coronavirus thing.

skratch:
H-DCUSTOMERSERVICE@HARLEY-DAVIDSON.COM

i received an email from vince from that address.  my question was in relation to the sena, but i would think someone at that address could help you.

i would still call though....

OBB:
Did the same thing when I went B2 on mine. Wrench told me that just leaving the radio off was fine. You can also pull the fuse and leave the speakers connected to save the hassle.

Curious as to what model number radio you went with because of having the B2 on your bike.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version