CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

2015 CVO RG Ultra - Looking for help on Head Unit / Amp replacement

<< < (2/3) > >>

OBB:

--- Quote from: ramseyusmc on March 27, 2020, 10:16:05 PM ---What's your basis?  Do you know anyone who has had problems?  Stories you're aware of?

--- End quote ---
Lots of info on the Facebook forums. Guys have gotten it wet and it fogs up but clears off within a few hours.

--- Quote from: Serdvd6 on March 28, 2020, 12:27:50 AM ---I heard it was the 5000 that would have problems, I just saw a post some where about it and the 7000 was to be waterproof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Water sealed buttons. Says right on their paperwork that it's weather resistant. Nothing about waterproof.

Not my money. Just passing along the info.

ramseyusmc:
Thanks for the gouge.

Anyone know which amps is the one that uses Harley wiring?

ramseyusmc:
Anyone know which amps use the Factory wiring on a Harley?  Or are easy to install?

Glenncarp:

--- Quote from: ramseyusmc on April 17, 2020, 09:41:04 AM ---Anyone know which amps use the Factory wiring on a Harley?  Or are easy to install?

--- End quote ---

J&M is plug and play with the HD junk, but be aware you are taking 2 OHM for HD and 99.9% or real radio world is 4 OHM, there are many threads on here regarding this issue. If you are changing head unit, then I'd look at Rockford-Fosgate https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/selector/motorcycle-kits/. If you want to stay simple and just change amp and speakers, J&M is cheapest and easiest with decent sound. If you want full on kick ass, Pete and Custom Soundz rocks, you would just have to find him at a large rally and have $2,500 to $4,000 to spend, but workmanship and sound quality is unsurpassed and customer service is beyond expected

RivRaptor:
Do you realize that if you have speakers in your tour pak that you have 3 amps in 3 different places with speaker wires leaving each amp to its own 2 speakers respectively.  So unless your going to buy 3 amps & a head unit....you get my drift.  Optimally you would buy a head unit and 1 nice amp to power  all the speakers but because of location you would have to run new wires to the bags & tour park, and then deal with splicing into wires to get through your oem quick disconnects or adding new ones. 

P.S.:  I added the HD Speaker amp kit awhile ago to my lowers cause I didn't want to cut up the bike even though I known better sound would result by sh_t canning the stock system, and the one thing I don't like is when adding the new amp to the side bag the new HD quick disconnects are a pain in the ass to disconnect as opposed to the stock ones when cleaning / servicing the bike.  Hope this info helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version