CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

ANYONE SEEN THIS GADGET? SPOT!

(1/3) > >>

CVOwner:
A guy I know here has a really good website and he got a new gadget, SPOT it's a gps you put in your pocket and it maps you on google so other people can track you, we need a group buy. he's selling them, i  havent been able to talk to  him about my special price. but he's in durango and it tracked him all the way there, check it out. http://www.cyclerides.com/spot

grc:

Why would I want someone else to track my whereabouts?  It's bad enough that Big Brother is watching me with camera's mounted all over the city, now I'm supposed to voluntarily buy and carry a device to let everyone figure out where I am at all times?  No thanks.

Jerry

spydglide:

--- Quote from: grc on August 29, 2008, 08:20:57 PM ---Why would I want someone else to track my whereabouts?  It's bad enough that Big Brother is watching me with camera's mounted all over the city, now I'm supposed to voluntarily buy and carry a device to let everyone figure out where I am at all times?  No thanks.

Jerry

--- End quote ---
Hey Jerry, I couldn't get to the end of the post without wondering exactly that....almost said it with my 'out-loud' voice!  :o  har!  :drink: spyder

scp1scp:
I am looking for the exact opposite.  I want to know where my bike is when I am NOT riding it. HA!

Steve.

LRebel:

--- Quote from: CVOwner on August 29, 2008, 06:37:23 PM ---A guy I know here has a really good website and he got a new gadget, SPOT it's a gps you put in your pocket and it maps you on google so other people can track you, we need a group buy. he's selling them, i  havent been able to talk to  him about my special price. but he's in durango and it tracked him all the way there, check it out. http://www.cyclerides.com/spot

--- End quote ---

I think the technology is cool and I have enjoyed keeping up the Nige's adventure. 

However, unless I'm doing something special like Nige, I don't think I want anyone knowing where I am and when I'm there.  I have a cell phone with an on/off button and when out riding I can check my messages and let others know where I am when I'm good and ready ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version