CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Updates to CD's for GPS

(1/3) > >>

DAD:
Does anyone know how often HD releases updated CD's for the GPS or when a newer version will be released?  The directions to HD dealerships seems to be outdated.  Three times in the past couple of months I have been guided to a dealership only to find they used to be there.  ???

VaEagle:
This site has the most up to date Files for dealerships. you can download the files on the site and install them to your GPS. Not sure how to do it for the in dash factory GPS though.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58075

Midnight Rider:

--- Quote from: VaEagle on September 25, 2008, 02:07:07 PM ---This site has the most up to date Files for dealerships. you can download the files on the site and install them to your GPS. Not sure how to do it for the in dash factory GPS though.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58075

--- End quote ---

I don't think it's possible VA...he has to buy new discs from HD for the HK radio.  I'll bet HD only charges $400 for the new discs, when/if they come out.

Just go buy a Garmin and have a better system and easier downloading/updating.

BLM777:

--- Quote from: thedugans on September 24, 2008, 11:56:53 PM ---Does anyone know how often HD releases updated CD's for the GPS or when a newer version will be released?  The directions to HD dealerships seems to be outdated.  Three times in the past couple of months I have been guided to a dealership only to find they used to be there.  ???

--- End quote ---

Most dealers will update you with a free flash download for the first 3 years if they are set up to do so.  If not, you'll get a notice via postcard from HD to go online and sign up for the next release.  A CD will then be sent to the registered owners address of record.

Hugh Janis:
I don't think I'll ever be buying an HK upgrade disc.  The day I bought my bike my street was not on it.  It's 50 years old.  On the expressway from York, PA to Corning, NY it told me I was off road the whole time.  I don't want to spend over $100 to get more of the same.  The good news is that there are enough county and state roads on it to keep me from getting lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version