Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Anyone download Boom 1.18.2 ?  (Read 18905 times)

King2013

Re: Anyone download Boom 1.18.2 ?
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »

That hasn't always been the case in the auto business of course, but these days most manufacturers take model launches very seriously and do a lot of testing to try to preclude the kinds of stupid stuff we see from Harley every time they launch anything even remotely "new".  Meanwhile, Harley plods along just copying what the auto industry already has, and doing a very poor job of it.  Just imagine if they actually had to invent any of the stuff they install, versus just borrow the ideas from elsewhere.

The big difference is that the auto business is fiercely competitive these days, and of course the heavyweight motorcycle market is just the opposite. 

Jerry

Hopefully this won't be the case in the coming years. If Indian makes a good run maybe the moco will do some real R&D work and improve their pricing matrix.
Maybe really far fetched but we could wish.

I do love/hate my new limited which is normal, but if they had some strong competition I think you would see the moco change is ways drastically.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »

I have two cars that were first year vehicles and everything works on their head units, they have all the features but CB, for half the price and work.

That hasn't always been the case in the auto business of course, but these days most manufacturers take model launches very seriously and do a lot of testing

That brought up a thought or two. My wife and I both have Ford's "Sync" radios with no problems. My buddies wife has had nothing but problems with 2 different Sync radios, one car was never fixed and was traded in.

I was a Chrysler tech way back when Chrysler came out with one of the first all "digital" radios. One even had built in CB. What was really cool was the radio and CB system worked flawlessly, unlike most of the rest of the vehicle.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:50:36 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2014, 06:27:18 PM »

That brought up a thought or two. My wife and I both have Ford's "Sync" radios with no problems. My buddies wife has had nothing but problems with 2 different Sync radios, one car was never fixed and was traded in.

I was a Chrysler tech way back when Chrysler came out with one of the first all "digital" radios. One even had built in CB. What was really cool was the radio and CB system worked flawlessly, unlike most of the rest of the vehicle.
The St. Regis and Newport come to mind with that comment.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2014, 08:31:37 PM »

I am positive the issues with the HD head units is soft ware.  A software update seems to fix one problem and then add in two new ones. 

Example in version 1.18.0  the left joy stick would advance to the next song or back.  In version 1.18.1 it would no longer work.  In version 1.18.2 it was working again. 

In 1.18.0 and 1.18.1 the setting phone to head set worked and never had to re set it.  Now in 1.18.2 you have to turn it off and on each time you start the bike for it to work.

Seems their programers do not understand latching or maintaining bit.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

vinver

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 Limited (Silver/Maroon)
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2014, 02:20:25 AM »

Hi all,

I have not tested my extensively but I do not appear to have these issues. I have tried media, radio and nav and they all seem to do what I expect. I am aware and have encountered the issue with apostrophes on imported locations in Nav and I understand that I can only have a max of 9 waypoints in a trip and those are indeed issues which they should iron out but I have not encountered the AVC issue or the brightness issue and all my buttons seem to work. I can move forward and backwards in my playlist and my volume controls work as I would expect them to. I have some friends who have Rushmore bikes and they did not warn me of any issues before my purchase.

My question is; Do we know if these reported issues, and they are all valid complaints, are truly manifesting themselves across the range or are there people. like me, who appear to be fine.

Interesting to find out.

Hope I am not made to eat my words anytime soon with mine breaking down.

Regards,
Vincent
Regards,
Vincent

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2014, 06:15:36 AM »

Hi all,

I have not tested my extensively but I do not appear to have these issues. I have tried media, radio and nav and they all seem to do what I expect. I am aware and have encountered the issue with apostrophes on imported locations in Nav and I understand that I can only have a max of 9 waypoints in a trip and those are indeed issues which they should iron out but I have not encountered the AVC issue or the brightness issue and all my buttons seem to work. I can move forward and backwards in my playlist and my volume controls work as I would expect them to. I have some friends who have Rushmore bikes and they did not warn me of any issues before my purchase.

My question is; Do we know if these reported issues, and they are all valid complaints, are truly manifesting themselves across the range or are there people. like me, who appear to be fine.

Interesting to find out.

Hope I am not made to eat my words anytime soon with mine breaking down.

Regards,
Vincent
Maybe yours doesn't have the latest update? Another thought is being across the pond maybe it has some other software although I seriously doubt it. Just a thought though.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Hdolfje

• Full CVO Member
  • 2021 FLTRXSE

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Black Forest & Wineberry
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE Dark Alloy/Black Denim
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE Starfire Black/Atomic Red
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2014, 02:51:40 AM »

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2014, 11:04:30 AM »

My question is it really a software problem when some bikes work just fine and others don't? I've gone from 18.0 to 18.1 to 18.2 and now to 18.2 1 and issues still not resolved. A friend who just bought a new Ultral Ltd has no issues.
2013 CVO Roadglide

vinver

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 Limited (Silver/Maroon)
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

That was my point. I have just updated to Europe 1.18.2 and I have had no issues.
Regards,
Vincent

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2014, 01:29:53 PM »

My question is it really a software problem when some bikes work just fine and others don't? I've gone from 18.0 to 18.1 to 18.2 and now to 18.2 1 and issues still not resolved. A friend who just bought a new Ultral Ltd has no issues.

1.  See if there is a way to reset the system back to the factory default and then load only the latest software update.  Maybe the previous updates have corrupted the system?

2.  When your friend isn't around, try swapping infotainment systems with him.

3.  Call up the geniuses at H-D and ask them why they can't fix the system for the one and two year old bikes, but somehow managed to sell a new bike recently that actually works properly (as far as you know, of course).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2014, 08:34:49 AM »

I am willing to bet many owners have no clue their head unit is not working correctly.  I have had more than one tell me theirs works perfect, and I am able to show them features that do not work.  The book for the head unit is bigger than the owners manual.  Most will never read it or have a clue what the head unit can do. 

Clowns at HD customer service number always say this is the first they heard the AVC doesn't work.  I laughed, as I was there when my dealer called.  Then my wife called about her bike.  Then I called about my bike, and was told its the first they heard of this. 

Hell I told them at demo in sturgis the AVC did not work...

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »

Dave
Do you have a book for the head unit and if so were do I find it.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »

I am willing to bet many owners have no clue their head unit is not working correctly.  I have had more than one tell me theirs works perfect, and I am able to show them features that do not work.  The book for the head unit is bigger than the owners manual.  Most will never read it or have a clue what the head unit can do. 

Clowns at HD customer service number always say this is the first they heard the AVC doesn't work.  I laughed, as I was there when my dealer called.  Then my wife called about her bike.  Then I called about my bike, and was told its the first they heard of this. 

Hell I told them at demo in sturgis the AVC did not work...j

LOL. Same thing my dealer told me and three others same day same time. He was shocked to hear of this and will certainly call H-D. Then said radios should not be on bikes anyway, man-up and turn off all that garbage and we will never notice it don't work. He might be right but did not notice a price reduction. Will sell them but can't fix em. I have little hope it will ever be fixed.
2013 CVO Roadglide

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »

Dave
Do you have a book for the head unit and if so were do I find it.

My book for the boom head unit came with the bike.  It is the same size and shape as owners manual, and has at least as many pages if not more than the owners manual.

King2013

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »

how many free map updates do you get?

I'd like to know that too.
If it's only one I'll either wait until spring or next year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.