Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Normal running temp on a CVO + Liquid Cooled Heads  (Read 18257 times)

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 SE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 Low Rider S
Re: Normal running temp on a CVO + Liquid Cooled Heads
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 06:58:03 PM »

Thank you very much

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »

I will be moving to Florida Very Shortly.  Can someone give me information on "DOC"?

I will also try doing a search,  thanks for the help.

Here's Doc's Web Site and contact information. He is a member here and drops in occasionally.

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com

He's one of the best of the best. So I know you will be happy.

Regards

Jerry

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »

Here's Doc's Web Site and contact information. He is a member here and drops in occasionally.

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com

He's one of the best of the best. So I know you will be happy.

Regards

Jerry

Jerry a bit off-topic, sorry, but which '12 CVO SG did you own?

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »

Jerry a bit off-topic, sorry, but which '12 CVO SG did you own?

Jesse

I had the black one. It was gorgeous and in my humble opinion was where HD went to make the 2015 version.  If both the 2012 and 2015 were on the floor today I would buy the 2012 again. 

I decided to sell it because last March/April after about 20 plus years of pain I decided to "go for it" and get both of my knees replaced back to back. You've read about and encouraged a couple of other members here who had it done and are almost ready to ride again now.

The 2012 had as you well know, flames on the sides of the hard bags as well as the tank, fairing, rear and front fenders.

My 2015 is the Ultra Violet Blue and Hot Lava. It looks good to me and after a TON of research was the one I wanted out of the 5 color versions offered.

You didn't ask but my favorite for graphics and detail was the 2010 Candy Concord Blue. The gold leaf Screamin Eagle on the tank is/was top drawer!!

We are truly Big Boys with Lots of Big Toys! 

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 08:45:53 PM »

CVO STREETGLIDE,

Thank you for the web page to DOC. My CVO is the same color as yours. I love the color, when I saw it on display in Daytona Bike Week I had to have one.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2015, 08:48:35 PM »

I had the black one. It was gorgeous and in my humble opinion was where HD went to make the 2015 version.  If both the 2012 and 2015 were on the floor today I would buy the 2012 again. 

I decided to sell it because last March/April after about 20 plus years of pain I decided to "go for it" and get both of my knees replaced back to back. You've read about and encouraged a couple of other members here who had it done and are almost ready to ride again now.

The 2012 had as you well know, flames on the sides of the hard bags as well as the tank, fairing, rear and front fenders.

My 2015 is the Ultra Violet Blue and Hot Lava. It looks good to me and after a TON of research was the one I wanted out of the 5 color versions offered.

You didn't ask but my favorite for graphics and detail was the 2010 Candy Concord Blue. The gold leaf Screamin Eagle on the tank is/was top drawer!!

We are truly Big Boys with Lots of Big Toys!

I love the Candy Concord 10 and the Tequila 10. I rank those right there with my '12 Ruby Red Typhoon Maroon!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »

CVO STREETGLIDE,

Thank you for the web page to DOC. My CVO is the same color as yours. I love the color, when I saw it on display in Daytona Bike Week I had to have one.

Where did you see it??  Next to Bruce Rossmeyers HD at the hotel?  If so it was mine.

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 11:35:32 PM »

Get a oil cooler and one of my fan kits. Your bike will not go into parade mode again.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 04:54:36 AM »

My FP3 lets you read some live data and my water temp is always under 200* when moving. Usually around 187*- 200* ... it will creep up some in traffic, but I avoid that like the plague. It really isn't getting hot until you hear your fans turn on ... I think that doesn't happen til around 220* or so. I purposely checked that a while back just to know, but I forget the exact figures.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »

CVO

I saw it on display at the speedway. Where Harley had the demo rides.

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »

Keep in mind ideal oil temps should go above the boiling point of water in order to evaporate condensation in your system. I deal temps therefore must be above 212F or 100C. I don't think you should have concerns under 240-250F. Above that and you may need some assistance.
This may be a dumb question but. If the oil temp has to be above 212F in order for water to evaporate, how is it lakes and oceans evaporate thus causing it to rain. I dont beleive that water ever gets close to 212F.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »

This may be a dumb question but. If the oil temp has to be above 212F in order for water to evaporate, how is it lakes and oceans evaporate thus causing it to rain. I dont beleive that water ever gets close to 212F.
Closed system vs. open system... one system is majority oil other is majority water... I think you are comparing apples to oranges. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2015, 09:29:41 AM »

Correct.  It is a widely held misconception that the oil has to reach 212°F to "boil off" any condensation and fuel in the oil.  However, if you don't plan on riding all day to eliminate any condensation, especially in colder climates, it does help to get the oil temp high enough to do the job rapidly.  The obsession some have over keeping the oil abnormally cooler than the engine maker's spec. is not helpful, just like those car guys who think they should remove the 200+° thermostats and either run none or something in the 140-160° range.  It isn't 1950 anymore, and people need to stop thinking it is.  Engines run hotter by design, and the oil formulations have kept pace with the changes in the engines.  Trust me, even though people like to make jokes about engineers, we usually do know what we are doing.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »

What about the ceramic coatings for the pipes?  There used to be a lot of talk about it to decrease the temps of the pipes. I had it done to my 09 and it really reduced the heat.  Is it being done anymore. 
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2015, 07:16:50 PM »

CVO

I saw it on display at the speedway. Where Harley had the demo rides.

Wasn't mine then obviously.  There was one sold at Rossmeyers and the guy said he saw mineatthe bar next door and had to have it.  ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.