Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Keep stock parts or not?  (Read 4400 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Keep stock parts or not?
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:46:03 PM »

Like a lot of folks, I've got quite a few stock parts piling up.  I always thought I should keep the stuff, but I've got the bike so close to where I want it now, it's difficult to ever see going back to stock with it.  A partial list of stock parts that I have (from a 2004 SEEG):

Complete exhaust
Cams
Seat
Detachable pass. backrest and hardware
Front and rear brake calipers
Headlight
Trim rings
Air cleaner assembly
etc.
etc.

What are everyone's thoughts on holding onto this stuff vs. selling it, either from an originality perspective, or from future EPA laws, or both?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:47:12 PM by 103tHunDer »

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
Re: Keep stock parts or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »

shoot,,, I'm a natural born packrat. bought my sporster new in 1975.  been customized, then chopped,  and I still have all the original parts.

I got parts coming out the __________ [smiley=apple.gif]

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »

That lists almost identical to mines. :o I've often wondered this to, and thought that if I were to ever sell this and somebody wanted to "collect" my bike instead of enjoying it. Maintaining the stock parts might be a plus. Either that or one day I would start building my own bike and some of these parts may come in handy. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

twincam

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:59:08 PM »

and a bro might need something to get on the road [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:00:53 PM »

Brian,
       You'd need look no farther than the selling section to see my thoughts. HOWEVER, if I had an 00 or 01 SERG I would not sell anything OEM. My understanding is that the total run of bikes for those two years was 1550 each year and not necessarily divided up evenly between the colors. The FXR 2,3 and 4 would be worth saving OEM stuff for. Probably the 2002 SERK, more so the Candy Brandywine one even though I like the Purple better. After 02, H-D just started cranking out CVO bikes in such quantities, that the only way one would really hold it's value and maybe appreciate would be if you didn't ride it. I think one of the Labonte brothers (NASCAR) bought two 03 SERKs and never even uncrated one of em . Seem to remember seeing it on TV. Still, it's nice to see the 04 and 05 SEEGs kept basically stock. Those bikes along with the 00 and 01 SERG's will all be classics IMO. So I guess it's a matter of what your plans are for the bike. Your post echos mine in saying you don't see the bike being put back OEM. I plan on selling everything but the seat, hard saddlebags,derby cover, timing cover and air cleaner cover from Elvis.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 10:10:35 PM »

Hard to say what is "best" but I have stuff off all of my bikes I should have done with what the HD shops do with most of it, Dumpster city.

Our take-offs are certainly better than the stock stuff, but I don't see myself converting back to stock at anytime.  While I have it, I want it the way I have it and when I sell it I won't need any of the adds I have on it.  If you keep it, put it in a big box, mark it well and don't froget you have it when you sell it.

But for my part, anyone interested in a stock SERK, SEEG, SEUC or whatever will be looking for one with no or low miles and not my well ridden bike.

Bikes just don't seem to be like cars, but I guess if I had a stock 47 HD of somekind, it would be cool.  These later CVO bikes in large numbers may not hold nearly the value that a low volume earlier one would however.

I already sold my black POS starter to B B when I got the chrome one, slip ons to another friend, headlight too.  Rebuilt the stock seat and tossed the small backrest for a bigger one so it's done for, I guess I'm a seller.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:11:29 PM by Rjob749 »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:05:41 PM »

Brian, very interesting topic, glad you put it up. My storeroom is packed with OEM stuff and I know I will never put it back on but I did get all the stock stuff with the SED when I bought it and it was important to me. (why, I have no idea) The used parts are worth so little, plus who wants to mess with listing all that stuff on ebay? I still have all the take-offs from my 92 springer and 95 heritage that I will never use. When I move I will probably give it all to Goodwill, so I don't have to pack and move it.
Of course I have 12 guitars, 5 amps, 2 violins and I quit playing 35 years ago, so what's that tell you? Yep, I'm either lazy as hell or an incurable packrat.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 01:23:28 AM »

I have a hard time letting go of parts too, I have kept everything from the SEEG. For originality and also in-case big brother gets smog happy. Who knows maybe in several years the bike will be worth more to someone with all the originals to go with it [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 02:19:48 AM »

We still have take off stuff in a shed out back from our '98, 95th ann Road King.  We even have a scratched leather bag that got replaced in a small little mishap.  We have all the take off stuff from both the SEEGs.  We even have brand new, never installed stuff for the Road King and for the SEEGs.  Bought things, and either second guessed the purchase or just have been too nervous or too lazy to install some of the things bought.  Now I know, from much past experience, that when the decision to sell something has been made, we never go back in the garage/basement/shed and look for the take off stuff that should have gone with the item.  It eventually ends up in the trash/yard sale or given to someone who looks like they may haul it away, at least from our yard.  So, I am hoping that some day, either me or my husband might get energetic enough to eBay the heck out of all these parts, but I am thinking now that the original parts are not worth keeping.  (pipes maybe)  At first, I believed that I'd want to put the bike back to stock for selling, but other than my rose stuff, I'd not remove anything before sale.  

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 06:25:21 AM »

I've kept every original part from each bike... Yes I'm a packrat.  The last bike I sold, had every take-off I had done, did it make a difference in the value of the bike... probably not but the guy that bought it was thrilled with having them and I was glad I'd kept everything.
I have three large plastic containers that I keep all, with the exception of the pipes, the original parts in for each bike.  They don't take up that much room and they're virtually worthless on ebay, so I just hang on to them.  If I did ever need anything I'd have it too... EPA or something.
Just my $.02.
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 07:08:09 AM »

I am a "reformed" pack rat.  I keep the original exhausts and thats it (EPA).  All the rest is now gone.  I have 3 bikes that take up all the space I can spare in the garage so keeping unused stuff is really not an option.  

I have a buddy that uses/sells all my take off stuff to keep his bike on the road.  I am a prolific EBay buyer but have never sold anything there.

I still have a bunch of non-bike stuff pack-ratting in the shed I have to work on.  Maybe make room for take-offs? :o

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 07:41:05 AM »

Make a lamp out of them....

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 09:35:18 AM »

Out with the Old in with the New   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

I do keep a few items for my current scooter such as exhaust and cams if EPA ever gets to strict

But all of my past scooters I kept nothing cause I ain't got that scooter no more and don't need those parts

jeffj

oh I guess I kept a really Rare Windshield Bracket for a Road King anyone interested?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

Very good topic 103, I don’t know how I should vote cause I still have all the parts for both my cvo’s but am contemplating selling the original stuff.

When I was young (senior in high school) I purchased a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T with a 440 magnum engine. Being young I modified the heck out of it, I had this car for 20 years and over the coarse of time it wound up a 9.90 et pro-gas car. There was a time it could have been returned to bone stock and I thought about that before chopping it going to fiberglass and tying it together with a roll cage but being young I would trade parts and sell parts for the funds. From the factory the car had an 8-track, hood scoops, hood pins, mags with raised white letter tires, Dana 60 rear, Black buckets with a counsel, a super bee stripe and the coolest thing is in the back corner windows it had these little bees with tires for back legs that look like they were spinning. Till this day I miss that car, and by the way it was red like my Fatboy.

The Harley’s resale value doesn’t seem to be worth keeping the parts to make it worth the while but getting back to my Challenger: they weren’t worth much either, look at the price of a bone stock red 70 R/T with a 440 now.

Puzzled……..Roy

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 10:44:50 AM »

I always hold on to the original stuff except for exhaust and the non se air filter mount.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »

I thought part of owning an HD was to have boxes full of parts for it. ;D

It's required for ture ownership sell the parts and you will be stripped of your membership [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:47:20 AM by VAZHOG »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »

Very good topic 103, I don’t know how I should vote cause I still have all the parts for both my cvo’s but am contemplating selling the original stuff.
When I was young (senior in high school) I purchased a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T with a 440 magnum engine. Being young I modified the heck out of it, I had this car for 20 years and over the coarse of time it wound up a 9.90 et pro-gas car. There was a time it could have been returned to bone stock and I thought about that before chopping it going to fiberglass and tying it together with a roll cage but being young I would trade parts and sell parts for the funds. From the factory the car had an 8-track, hood scoops, hood pins, mags with raised white letter tires, Dana 60 rear, Black buckets with a counsel, a super bee stripe and the coolest thing is in the back corner windows it had these little bees with tires for back legs that look like they were spinning. Till this day I miss that car, and by the way it was red like my Fatboy.
The Harley’s resale value doesn’t seem to be worth keeping the parts to make it worth the while but getting back to my Challenger: they weren’t worth much either, look at the price of a bone stock red 70 R/T with a 440 now.
Puzzled……..Roy

I almost went there in my post.  You couldn't have a better (worse) example  than your Challenger for guys our age.

One of my best friends had a Judge, another a GT350 Mustang.  These were new cars while we were in or just out of high school.

As a Porsche dealer, over the years people ask about keeping there Porsche as a collector.  Similar to many of our bikes, Porsche makes to large a run of the cars to have them hold value in the short term.  Many of them have a value greater than there original value if held 20 or 30 years, but it is only the RS, Speedster, 959, types that were built in very low numbers that are like that and they were very low volume cars.

Sure some of the standard stuff has a good value at 30 to 50 years, but they too are rare now as many sit in bone yards or are totally gone.

A lot of water goes under the bridge before the market comes around on value.  I'd rather have all the memories of your pro gas R/T.  Granted it would be great to still have the R/T, we know it wouldn't ever get sold though.  So think of the good stuff and remember the good times that R/T delivered Roy.

Hell, if I hadn't sold my 74 Dino Ferrari in 1979 for $18,500 I could have sold it when Enzo died for around $250,000.00.  Oh, but I wouldn't be a car dealer today either.  The twists and turns of fate I guess.

Anyway, somebody will get my bike down the road when HD builds another that I like better or I get to where I can't get on it anymore, until then the mods keep comin' and the wheels keep rollin' [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Now, should I get out in the garage and eBay the stuff off my old bikes........nah, I'll just keep starin' at the boxes on the shelves.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:38:32 AM by Rjob749 »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 11:27:36 AM »

Puzzled……..Roy

Want to make yourself really feel like chit, watch Barrett-Jackson auction next week on the speed channel.
I've had 65 and 67 vettes, 67 GTO, 65 T-bird w, hard convt top that had 7 hyd. motors to auto. fold the top in the trunk and a 70 SS 396. All were convertables and every one in C-1 to C-2 shape. Did not sell a single one for as much as I had in them but did have a ball restoring them. Point is, everyone of those I sold under 20K. I have to stay away from a few of my friends for a few weeks after the Barrett-Jackson auctions, I get so damn sick of hearing "don't you wish you had held onto those" or "man you f-cked-up bad not keeping those".
I bet you will see a few Challenger R/T 440, 6-packs and Hemis go in the $100,000.00 + range. What did you pay, 5K? :'(
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:30:57 AM by MJZ »

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 12:07:55 PM »

I usually keep the take off parts in the boxes that the new part came in, then I let my friends root through the boxes and take whatever they need or want for their scoots. I do keep all of the fasteners and cables because you never know when the need will arise for wearable part or that elusive fastener at 11 o'clock at night. I also kept my stock exhaust as well.  Out,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

twincam

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »

and then again..... I redid my 05 ultra with the flames collection, when it came time to trade it in for my 06 SEUC, I took all the flmes off and returned it original. I did get a high trade in even with 20,000 on the 1 year old bike... but I still have all the flames in the shop... anyone interested??????? ;)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »

Take off parts?  Never had to worry about it much.  My bike is pretty much stock after all.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 12:34:16 PM »

Take off parts?  Never had to worry about it much.  My bike is pretty much stock after all.
Not sure about the bike being stock, but somebody is stock full of..... ::) ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Hey!!  I saw that!   ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »

I still have stock parts from my '85 FXWG, which I still own. Like Q said, some of these things come in handy sometimes. If something happens, I put the old part on until I can replace it again. I'm never selling my Wide Glide, but never considered selling any parts form it. I've been able to help friends that needed something too. I've also had 4 RKs since '95. I take any mods off and put the original stuff back on, before trading it in. Then I put the mods on the new one. Since this SERK is special, I'm using new stuff for the mods and I'm selling the '03 as is. I'll always have boxes of stuff in my garage though. I like it that way. As long as I have room, I'll never sell the take-offs. ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

[size=18]Totally........[/size] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »

Where's Jerry's "blue arrow" picture? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »

Where's Jerry's "blue arrow" picture? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh, you mean these.... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 01:18:46 PM »

Not sure that I have any stuff left from the 76 FLH, but the wife caught the kids on it one day. (circa 1982)

Just after she put them on it and got the pic they dumped it getting off.  No one was hurt, neither was the bike, but she was a bit embarassed to tell me I needed to go in the garage and pick it up.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:21:20 PM by Rjob749 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

I knew you'd come through for me, Gary! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]Ride Safe,Fired00d [smiley=fireman.gif]

Yep, totally stock from what I can see. ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 01:21:58 PM »

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Rude.  So rude.  Never get any love......   :'(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »

Yep, totally stock from what I can see. ;D

Crap.  Just realized that there are arrows missing too!  And this was before the work done to gain that all important extra cooling effect caused by the diamond cutting.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 01:30:37 PM »

Rude.  So rude.  Never get any love......   :'(
What do you mean, that's a lot of love. Took Jerry a lot of time to get all those arrows on there, and he still missed some. Just think if he had to do it now, he could probably right a thesis quicker. [smiley=oops.gif] There is that love again. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 01:33:57 PM »

What do you mean, that's a lot of love. Took Jerry a lot of time to get all those arrows on there, and he still missed some. Just think if he had to do it now, he could probably right a thesis quicker. [smiley=oops.gif] There is that love again. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

You are absolutely right D00d.  And I actually really enjoy those pics he did.  One of them has even turned in to a mouse pad.

Just had a thought.  Somewhere around here I've got a package of some kind of tshirt transfer paper that's supposed to be able to go through a printer.  Might try making a t-shirt to wear to Hot Springs.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

You are absolutely right D00d.  And I actually really enjoy those pics he did.  One of them has even turned in to a mouse pad.

Just had a thought.  Somewhere around here I've got a package of some kind of tshirt transfer paper that's supposed to be able to go through a printer.  Might try making a t-shirt to wear to Hot Springs.

Don, not sure you saw me in CC with my avatar pic and the CVO Grande pic transfers on my t-shirt but I used that printer stuff to do it.

One thing I learned, if you do it, make sure your iron is hot and don't get in a hurry to peel the backing.  I used a cheap t-shirt just in case it didn't work and I wouldn't do that again, I'd use a new, good quality shirt and follow the directions to a T.  I would also get a new pack of the transfers for best quality.  I think that stuff might age sitting around.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:54:25 PM by Rjob749 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »

Don, not sure you saw me in CC with my avatar pic and the CVO Grande pic transfers on my t-shirt but I used that printer stuff to do it.

One thing I learned, if you do it, make sure your iron is hot and don't get in a hurry to peel the backing.  I used a cheap t-shirt just in case it didn't work and I wouldn't do that again, I'd use a new, good quality shirt and follow the directions to a T.  I would also get a new pack of the transfers for best quality.  I think that stuff might age sitting around.

No Rog I'm sorry but I missed noticing that shirt.  I've got a package of that stuff around here someplace my sis gave me for Christmas three or four years ago.  This might be the best idea I've ever had to try the stuff out (Thanks Jerry!).

Just thought of something.  Do you need to reverse the picture and print it is a mirror image so it looks right on the shirt?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »

No Rog I'm sorry but I missed noticing that shirt.  I've got a package of that stuff around here someplace my sis gave me for Christmas three or four years ago.  This might be the best idea I've ever had to try the stuff out (Thanks Jerry!).
Just thought of something.  Do you need to reverse the picture and print it is a mirror image so it looks right on the shirt?

Good catch, I think I recall messing up one because I didn't do that.  I guess thats why the pic editiors have that flip feature.

Not a close up but this was the shirt with avatar on front, geez I look kind of clueless here, must be how amzed I was at the great time I was having with the CC group.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 02:31:51 PM by Rjob749 »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 03:23:09 PM »

Keep the breather and exhaust and lose the rest.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 11:09:13 AM »

Brian,
       You'd need look no farther than the selling section to see my thoughts. HOWEVER, if I had an 00 or 01 SERG I would not sell anything OEM. My understanding is that the total run of bikes for those two years was 1550 each year and not necessarily divided up evenly between the colors. The FXR 2,3 and 4 would be worth saving OEM stuff for. Probably the 2002 SERK, more so the Candy Brandywine one even though I like the Purple better. After 02, H-D just started cranking out CVO bikes in such quantities, that the only way one would really hold it's value and maybe appreciate would be if you didn't ride it. I think one of the Labonte brothers (NASCAR) bought two 03 SERKs and never even uncrated one of em . Seem to remember seeing it on TV. Still, it's nice to see the 04 and 05 SEEGs kept basically stock. Those bikes along with the 00 and 01 SERG's will all be classics IMO. So I guess it's a matter of what your plans are for the bike. [highlight]Your post echos mine in saying you don't see the bike being put back OEM. I plan on selling everything but the seat, hard saddlebags,derby cover, timing cover and air cleaner cover[/highlight] from Elvis.

B B
When I sold the Low Rider late in 2006, I offered the complete stock and OEM parts including those ugly bolts and fasteners included in the deal. I asked a higher price for this "service" and got it instead of the whored-out pricing EBay usually gets.
When the FLSTFSE goes on the sales block (never) I'll include the parts just as if it was common to do so, and ask the higher price. I think it is the only way to retain some of the resale value of my FAT BOY. If I see the current pricing for a simular model with in a reasonable range, I have an sales advantage with the original parts stocked for the duration of ownership.

I'll sell the derby cover, bags...etc.   whatever. No hard feelings, and get ready for OCD round three and my local stealer when I buy my next project CVO Bike.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Bagger

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »

Pack Rat that I am, I keep my stock parts.  I'm thinking it is a good idea especially for my 06, since the onset of EPA enforcement.

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »

;DI would recommend keeping the stock exhaust and any parts associated with the fuel injected system, air filters, etc.  You never know when you may have a problem and the Motor Company will say:  to cover it under warranty it must be stock!!!

My garage is FULL of take offs from my '03 Road King, '03 SE Duece and now my '07 SEUC.  When I sold my '06 SEUC and my wife's '04 Low Rider I got smart and unloaded all the take off stuff to the new owners!  Now it is their storage problem!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

naplam
napalm
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 4.246 seconds with 21 queries.