Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Keep stock parts or not?  (Read 4402 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Keep stock parts or not?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »

Oh, you mean these.... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
 [smiley=pumpkin.gif]Ride Safe,Fired00d [smiley=fireman.gif]

Yep, totally stock from what I can see. ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 01:21:58 PM »

Oh, you mean these.... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Rude.  So rude.  Never get any love......   :'(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »

Yep, totally stock from what I can see. ;D

Crap.  Just realized that there are arrows missing too!  And this was before the work done to gain that all important extra cooling effect caused by the diamond cutting.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 01:30:37 PM »

Rude.  So rude.  Never get any love......   :'(
What do you mean, that's a lot of love. Took Jerry a lot of time to get all those arrows on there, and he still missed some. Just think if he had to do it now, he could probably right a thesis quicker. [smiley=oops.gif] There is that love again. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 01:33:57 PM »

What do you mean, that's a lot of love. Took Jerry a lot of time to get all those arrows on there, and he still missed some. Just think if he had to do it now, he could probably right a thesis quicker. [smiley=oops.gif] There is that love again. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

You are absolutely right D00d.  And I actually really enjoy those pics he did.  One of them has even turned in to a mouse pad.

Just had a thought.  Somewhere around here I've got a package of some kind of tshirt transfer paper that's supposed to be able to go through a printer.  Might try making a t-shirt to wear to Hot Springs.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

You are absolutely right D00d.  And I actually really enjoy those pics he did.  One of them has even turned in to a mouse pad.

Just had a thought.  Somewhere around here I've got a package of some kind of tshirt transfer paper that's supposed to be able to go through a printer.  Might try making a t-shirt to wear to Hot Springs.

Don, not sure you saw me in CC with my avatar pic and the CVO Grande pic transfers on my t-shirt but I used that printer stuff to do it.

One thing I learned, if you do it, make sure your iron is hot and don't get in a hurry to peel the backing.  I used a cheap t-shirt just in case it didn't work and I wouldn't do that again, I'd use a new, good quality shirt and follow the directions to a T.  I would also get a new pack of the transfers for best quality.  I think that stuff might age sitting around.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:54:25 PM by Rjob749 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »

Don, not sure you saw me in CC with my avatar pic and the CVO Grande pic transfers on my t-shirt but I used that printer stuff to do it.

One thing I learned, if you do it, make sure your iron is hot and don't get in a hurry to peel the backing.  I used a cheap t-shirt just in case it didn't work and I wouldn't do that again, I'd use a new, good quality shirt and follow the directions to a T.  I would also get a new pack of the transfers for best quality.  I think that stuff might age sitting around.

No Rog I'm sorry but I missed noticing that shirt.  I've got a package of that stuff around here someplace my sis gave me for Christmas three or four years ago.  This might be the best idea I've ever had to try the stuff out (Thanks Jerry!).

Just thought of something.  Do you need to reverse the picture and print it is a mirror image so it looks right on the shirt?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »

No Rog I'm sorry but I missed noticing that shirt.  I've got a package of that stuff around here someplace my sis gave me for Christmas three or four years ago.  This might be the best idea I've ever had to try the stuff out (Thanks Jerry!).
Just thought of something.  Do you need to reverse the picture and print it is a mirror image so it looks right on the shirt?

Good catch, I think I recall messing up one because I didn't do that.  I guess thats why the pic editiors have that flip feature.

Not a close up but this was the shirt with avatar on front, geez I look kind of clueless here, must be how amzed I was at the great time I was having with the CC group.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 02:31:51 PM by Rjob749 »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 03:23:09 PM »

Keep the breather and exhaust and lose the rest.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 11:09:13 AM »

Brian,
       You'd need look no farther than the selling section to see my thoughts. HOWEVER, if I had an 00 or 01 SERG I would not sell anything OEM. My understanding is that the total run of bikes for those two years was 1550 each year and not necessarily divided up evenly between the colors. The FXR 2,3 and 4 would be worth saving OEM stuff for. Probably the 2002 SERK, more so the Candy Brandywine one even though I like the Purple better. After 02, H-D just started cranking out CVO bikes in such quantities, that the only way one would really hold it's value and maybe appreciate would be if you didn't ride it. I think one of the Labonte brothers (NASCAR) bought two 03 SERKs and never even uncrated one of em . Seem to remember seeing it on TV. Still, it's nice to see the 04 and 05 SEEGs kept basically stock. Those bikes along with the 00 and 01 SERG's will all be classics IMO. So I guess it's a matter of what your plans are for the bike. [highlight]Your post echos mine in saying you don't see the bike being put back OEM. I plan on selling everything but the seat, hard saddlebags,derby cover, timing cover and air cleaner cover[/highlight] from Elvis.

B B
When I sold the Low Rider late in 2006, I offered the complete stock and OEM parts including those ugly bolts and fasteners included in the deal. I asked a higher price for this "service" and got it instead of the whored-out pricing EBay usually gets.
When the FLSTFSE goes on the sales block (never) I'll include the parts just as if it was common to do so, and ask the higher price. I think it is the only way to retain some of the resale value of my FAT BOY. If I see the current pricing for a simular model with in a reasonable range, I have an sales advantage with the original parts stocked for the duration of ownership.

I'll sell the derby cover, bags...etc.   whatever. No hard feelings, and get ready for OCD round three and my local stealer when I buy my next project CVO Bike.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Bagger

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »

Pack Rat that I am, I keep my stock parts.  I'm thinking it is a good idea especially for my 06, since the onset of EPA enforcement.

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »

;DI would recommend keeping the stock exhaust and any parts associated with the fuel injected system, air filters, etc.  You never know when you may have a problem and the Motor Company will say:  to cover it under warranty it must be stock!!!

My garage is FULL of take offs from my '03 Road King, '03 SE Duece and now my '07 SEUC.  When I sold my '06 SEUC and my wife's '04 Low Rider I got smart and unloaded all the take off stuff to the new owners!  Now it is their storage problem!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

naplam
napalm
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.