Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Extended warranty  (Read 8027 times)

08springer

Extended warranty
« on: November 11, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »

Couple of questions.
1 about how much will a extended warranty cost me for my new 2008 springer.
2. Can I purchase it through Harley the day before my 2 year factory warranty runs out?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Extended warranty
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 06:53:39 PM »

Couple of questions.
1 about how much will a extended warranty cost me for my new 2008 springer.
2. Can I purchase it through Harley the day before my 2 year factory warranty runs out?

1.  Depends on how long you want the extended service contract for...but expect anywhere from $850 to extend it out one more year to approx. $1800 to extend it out 5 more years for 7 total years.  Costs can vary from dealer to dealer, but expect something along that range.  I purchased the 7 year extended along with the tire and wheel road hazzard warranty. 

2.  You have up until the factory warranty expires to buy the extended service contract. 

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »

To add to the above you can also shop around to different dealers for prices of the ESP. The price(s) are negotiable contrary to what many dealers will tell you. Also you have a set time/mileage (30 days/1000 miles??) that you can purchase the ESP at a reduced rate then you can get if you wait until just before the factory warranty is up. Along w/that waiting w/inflation costs always on the rise what you pay then may be more then what you'll pay today. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:56:06 AM »

I wanted to add on this topic that a lot of folks have had their extended warranty cancelled, as most likely the worst things that happen to your bike are not all that costly and the expense of the warranty is more than the cost of getting stuff fixed that may or may not go wrong.

But for Me, this summer I had to get a complete engine rebuild - some $6,200.  The bill was picked up by the extended warranty.  You can bet your butt that was insurance well spent for me.  ---Mrs. We  :cherry:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

08springer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »

Great, thank you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:04:58 PM »

As indicated, the extended warranty is negotiable.....my dealership gave me 15% off.....HD of Chicago is 20% discount.

I had it on my 02 Ultra Classic and on my 04 SEEG and in both cases, I'm damn glad I did......in both cases they paid for theirself.  It seems like things always happen when I'm on the road, half way across the country which makes me appreciate it even more.  Electrics (there's a lot on an Ultra Classic and a SEEG, too), inner primary leak,  cam chain tensioners on the 04, head gasket on the 02, starter issues on the 02, stator on the 02, twice and probably a couple other things that I'm not remembering.  If you ride a lot of miles or hard miles (or both) then it'll more than likely pay for itself.  JMHO
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 10:06:39 PM »

I just cashed in the ESP I bought with LD last September. Got into a dispute with San Diego H-D over coverage on an oil leak due to the 103 upgrade and I said to hell with it. Bottom line here is this. The MoCo's dealer's are all too willing to sell you an ESP and then back it up. In my opinion, the only way an ESP can be trusted is if you leave the bike bone stock. That's kinda funny when you think about the MoCo's 800 page parts and accessories catalogue.

B B

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »

It's insurance, feel you have to have it but hope you never have to use it. If you ride many miles, in 7 years you're probably going to be glad you have it. 7yrs. unlimited mileage. Peace of mind is worth something. Plus if you sell it before the warranty has expired you'll probably get your money back. I know I'd pay more for one that's still in warranty than one that wasn't. I've always been happy I bought it. It's always paid off for me. Just my 2 cents worth!!!! Linny

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 10:31:58 PM »

Even though I'm out of OEM warranty, and I've had engine work done, which will negate ESP coverage for the engine, there's still plenty of stuff that can go wrong.  On my way to Rollling Thunder I got a front tire from the Tire & Wheel coverage, and there is no deductible for that coverage, but you do have to pay sales tax.  Hopefully I won't need it again, but it is nice knowing it's there.

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 10:11:32 AM »

1.  Depends on how long you want the extended service contract for...but expect anywhere from $850 to extend it out one more year to approx. $1800 to extend it out 5 more years for 7 total years.  Costs can vary from dealer to dealer, but expect something along that range.  I purchased the 7 year extended along with the tire and wheel road hazzard warranty. 
2.  You have up until the factory warranty expires to buy the extended service contract. 

I have the extended warranty. That way nothing will ever go wrong.  ;D My question is- Can you add the tire and wheel hazzard warranty anytime during the factory warranty as you can the extended warranty? 

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »

I just picked up my new '08 SERK Annie a week ago yesterday.  After reading the threads here and elswhere I decided to at least get an extended 3 years (ESP); total 5 years unlimited miles.  At the same time I decided to get the road hazard tire and wheel coverage for the same period.  With these coverages you pick up rental reimbursement if you break down and no Harley shop is available as well as up to $150 for a night of motel if needed.  I think that roadservice/trailering your bike is covered up to $200.

I'm going out on a limb here and I'm going to use a word that many cringe when they hear it, I trust my dealship (Doc's HD Kirkwood MO 314-965-0166) to take great care of my new baby and felt I got a fair deal on the bike.  So knowing what I did about the pricing on the extended warranty, I still paid their price, $995 for an extra 3 years and $290 for the tire and wheel road hazard.  It was explained to me that a stock RK Classic is the same ESP price as the SE version.  So the SE didn't cost any more than if I had purchased a stock RK Classic.  I'm not sure now that the Springer is out of the stock line up what the cost is of that ESP.  The P&A book shows my wheels at $1099 F and $1235 R.  It doesn't take many pot holes to have that pay off.

So with the issues on the 110" motors, I feel well protected.  Come to think of it, the ONLY issues I've read about other than nit picky items, has been the motors.  All in all the '07 and '08 SE's have been pretty good, with the exception of the 110" motor.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling here about how happy my wife and I are with the new SERK, but this thing runs great, handles great, smooth, stable and kicks butt in the looks department.  Before you knock my handles great and stable comments, I have to say that my last ride is the infamous '76 FLH, and compared to that and my memory of my last Goldwing, this SERK is the best bike I've ever owned....

Again, sorry for the ranting and raving about my new baby.

Back to the question about an extended warranty, if we can afford to pay $25k to $35k for a toy, the extra money for the for a bit more piece of mind and extended coverage is not going to be a life changing event.  It may be life changing later if you blow a motor just before Christmas and you have all the expense of the Holidays and taxes due by the 1st, the $50 deductable would feel very nice.  Like years ago when this saying was popular, "If you have to ask what mileage a Cadillac gets, you can't afford one..."  I feel the same about our CVO's.

Maybe some tid bits of information may be helpful with my post, maybe not.

If you have the opportunity to shop the ESP, do so.  But I would recommend it just for piece of mind.

Good luck.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »

For what it's worth, with all of the Screamin Eagle Mods (Hi-po 103 w/heads, SERT etc) I've done to LD, my local dealer said they couldn't cover the bike beyond the factory 2 year warranty. I checked with a couple other dealers around the country that I've done business with and got the same story. So I cashed in the ESP on LD. Got most of my money back (paid for about 75% of the new plasma TV)  I dropped LD off at SD H-D for a go over on Friday morning and they replaced leaking gaskets in the lifter blocks and trans top .The cylinders had been done when we did the 103 upgrade, so those were fine there had been some initial seepage from the assembly lube which had stained the engine case (which they cleaned)  Jimmy (the tech) also went over the map in my SERT and must have tweaked it a bit as LD is runnin almost as smooth as Big E (and that's sayin something, ask Mark, Elvis is the sweetest Harley in the Universe)

So anyway, the moral of the story would be that
 A) Buying a CVO makes a lot of sense because you get the bigger motor and a warranty
 B) The MoCo is really clamping down on warranty coverage for modified motorcycles.
 C) Know what you're getting into when you spend money on upgrades, even if those upgrades are Screamin Eagle Harley parts installed by your dealer

B B

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »

For what it's worth, with all of the Screamin Eagle Mods (Hi-po 103 w/heads, SERT etc) I've done to LD, my local dealer said they couldn't cover the bike beyond the factory 2 year warranty. I checked with a couple other dealers around the country that I've done business with and got the same story. So I cashed in the ESP on LD. Got most of my money back (paid for about 75% of the new plasma TV)  I dropped LD off at SD H-D for a go over on Friday morning and they replaced leaking gaskets in the lifter blocks and trans top .The cylinders had been done when we did the 103 upgrade, so those were fine there had been some initial seepage from the assembly lube which had stained the engine case (which they cleaned)  Jimmy (the tech) also went over the map in my SERT and must have tweaked it a bit as LD is runnin almost as smooth as Big E (and that's sayin something, ask Mark, Elvis is the sweetest Harley in the Universe)

So anyway, the moral of the story would be that
 A) Buying a CVO makes a lot of sense because you get the bigger motor and a warranty
 B) The MoCo is really clamping down on warranty coverage for modified motorcycles.
 C) Know what you're getting into when you spend money on upgrades, even if those upgrades are Screamin Eagle Harley parts installed by your dealer

B B

Hallelujah brother, that be a fact. :2vrolijk_21:

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 06:26:35 PM »

I just picked up my new '08 SERK Annie a week ago yesterday.  After reading the threads here and elswhere I decided to at least get an extended 3 years (ESP); total 5 years unlimited miles.  At the same time I decided to get the road hazard tire and wheel coverage for the same period.  With these coverages you pick up rental reimbursement if you break down and no Harley shop is available as well as up to $150 for a night of motel if needed.  I think that roadservice/trailering your bike is covered up to $200.

I'm going out on a limb here and I'm going to use a word that many cringe when they hear it, I trust my dealship [b](Doc's HD Kirkwood MO 314-965-0166)[/b] to take great care of my new baby and felt I got a fair deal on the bike.  So knowing what I did about the pricing on the extended warranty, I still paid their price, $995 for an extra 3 years and $290 for the tire and wheel road hazard.  It was explained to me that a stock RK Classic is the same ESP price as the SE version.  So the SE didn't cost any more than if I had purchased a stock RK Classic.  I'm not sure now that the Springer is out of the stock line up what the cost is of that ESP.  The P&A book shows my wheels at $1099 F and $1235 R.  It doesn't take many pot holes to have that pay off.

So with the issues on the 110" motors, I feel well protected.  Come to think of it, the ONLY issues I've read about other than nit picky items, has been the motors.  All in all the '07 and '08 SE's have been pretty good, with the exception of the 110" motor.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling here about how happy my wife and I are with the new SERK, but this thing runs great, handles great, smooth, stable and kicks butt in the looks department.  Before you knock my handles great and stable comments, I have to say that my last ride is the infamous '76 FLH, and compared to that and my memory of my last Goldwing, this SERK is the best bike I've ever owned....

Again, sorry for the ranting and raving about my new baby.

Back to the question about an extended warranty, if we can afford to pay $25k to $35k for a toy, the extra money for the for a bit more piece of mind and extended coverage is not going to be a life changing event.  It may be life changing later if you blow a motor just before Christmas and you have all the expense of the Holidays and taxes due by the 1st, the $50 deductable would feel very nice.  Like years ago when this saying was popular, "If you have to ask what mileage a Cadillac gets, you can't afford one..."  I feel the same about our CVO's.

Maybe some tid bits of information may be helpful with my post, maybe not.

If you have the opportunity to shop the ESP, do so.  But I would recommend it just for piece of mind.

Good luck.

Sir: You may trust them now but How long will the current service team remain at your Dealership? Will they last as long as your extented Warranty? I hope they do because here in VA it's a reel swinging door.  ;D

After all it is just a feel good policy after all--- It feels good knowing you have it until you find what happens when you try to use it.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 08:33:26 PM »

Sir: You may trust them now but How long will the current service team remain at your Dealership?  Will they last as long as your extented Warranty?  I hope they do because here in VA it's a reel swinging door.  ;D

After all it is just a feel good policy after all--- It feels good knowing you have it until you find what happens when you try to use it.

I appreciate your comment, I know lots of dealers that have problems keeping good help experienced help.

Doc's just had their 52nd anniversary and has been in the same family for those 52 years.  I've gotten to know a few of the people there and they all say it's a great big family and that the owner takes very good care of them and is a fun place to work.  They have a wonderful reputation for great service.  So at this point I have no doubt that they will out live my warranty and treat me well.

There are two other dealerships in the St. Louis area, one just about 5 miles from my home, and I would not frequent them but for maybe a gasket or two on my old Shovel.

I'm of course hoping that I won't need to have much help keeping the new SERK going on the straight and narrow, but have full faith that if needed I'll be taken care of.

I'll let you all know in another year if I still feel this way.  Stay tuned...

Thanks for the comment.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »

Get it! Get It! Get it NOW!!!!! So far on my 2006 Cuse it has cost the MOCO $12,000+ in warranty repairs! I am covered until 12-08 and will be shopping for an extension before then. Money well spent!

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »

Get it! Get It! Get it NOW!!!!! So far on my 2006 Cuse it has cost the MOCO $12,000+ in warranty repairs! I am covered until 12-08 and will be shopping for an extension before then. Money well spent!

I'm worried now.... I have the same model... what problems did you have?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 09:11:47 AM »

I have the extended warranty. That way nothing will ever go wrong.  ;D My question is- Can you add the tire and wheel hazzard warranty anytime during the factory warranty as you can the extended warranty? 
bobaroni,
Good question on adding the tire/wheel road hazzard warranty.  :nixweiss:  The best thing I can tell you is, call your servicing dealership and see if you can add it.  I just had a rear tire replaced on the warranty and it didn't cost me a dime, so well worth it.
Cheers  :2vrolijk_21:,

2012 FLHXSE3

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 08:09:57 PM »

I'm thinking of adding extended warranty to my 07 as I too was hit with the rear cylinder syndrome new cylinder,rings,gaskets ect. Mechanic told me the the new cylinders are machined on top to stop the leaking?? More material/surface area. Makes sense but why not do the front as well?? I'm sure I was feed the a line of bull. :worthless:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 05:50:16 AM »

I'm thinking of adding extended warranty to my 07 as I too was hit with the rear cylinder syndrome new cylinder,rings,gaskets ect. Mechanic told me the the new cylinders are machined on top to stop the leaking?? More material/surface area. Makes sense but why not do the front as well?? I'm sure I was feed the a line of bull. :worthless:
sky,
All I can say is I'm glad I bought the warranty when I bought the bike.  At that time I didn't know the 110's were having all the issues they are.  But after being on this forum for quite a while, I can see where the warranty is going to come into play.  I haven't done any internal mods to my engine, and am not planning on doing any soon.  It seems to be running tight right now, no evidence of any seepage at 5K, so if I don't ever use my extended warranty, I'll be very happy, but I think I'll be happier that I got it, as it will probably be needed.

2012 FLHXSE3

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 07:22:38 AM »

bobaroni,
Good question on adding the tire/wheel road hazzard warranty.  :nixweiss:  The best thing I can tell you is, call your servicing dealership and see if you can add it.  I just had a rear tire replaced on the warranty and it didn't cost me a dime, so well worth it.
Cheers  :2vrolijk_21:,

Red,
I like you have had a wheel changed, but you and I are still under the two year warranty anyway.  I guess I should have asked if your wheel issue was due to road hazard or quality.

The reason I opted not to buy the tire and wheel coverage was that the work needed to be done by a dealer.  The only time we ever have tire issues, the dealers aren't open.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 07:29:21 AM »

Red,
I like you have had a wheel changed, but you and I are still under the two year warranty anyway.  I guess I should have asked if your wheel issue was due to road hazard or quality.

The reason I opted not to buy the tire and wheel coverage was that the work needed to be done by a dealer.  The only time we ever have tire issues, the dealers aren't open.

I 'spose I lucked up on that one.  I had a front tire problem on the way to Rolling Thunder this year, the Friday before.  Luckily the dealer was open.  New tire.  No charge save for TN sales tax.

Question is:  If I switch tire brands to other than stock for my year model bike, even if to the the new MOCO endorsed Michelins, will coverage still apply?  Hmmmmm............need to research that one.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »

Murphy,
This may not be a complete list, but here goes:
Complete paint set
Tank emblems (second set mounted wrong)
ECM times 3
Mufflers
Heated grips times 3
Garage door module
Exhaust heat shield
Motor mount times 2
Tank center console
Throttle cables
The labor hours spent searching for the exhaust leaks and pinging would make your head spin. I refused to spend $$$ on the race tuner (for now) just to get a $36,000 bike to run.
 Right now the bike is running great! We are very happy we kept it, there has been many weeks/months with the bike at the dealer that we considered selling it. As of today the bike is staying with us.  Dave

charlie

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »

I plan on getting the extended warranty when it's time every one I talk to say's it's worth it.

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 06:47:48 PM »

best money I ever spent

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »

Red,

skremin,
I had the rear tire replaced, which the 2 year warranty doesn't cover.  It had a nail lodged in it, and fortunately, it didn't lose any air, so I drove it to the dealership and had them replace it.  I carry a plug kit and air compressor, just in case I have a problem that causes a flat.  The plug repair is supposed to be good for up to 250 miles, at least that's what the kit said.  So that should give me plenty of distance to get to any HD dealership.
cheers :2vrolijk_21:,

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »

I 'spose I lucked up on that one.  I had a front tire problem on the way to Rolling Thunder this year, the Friday before.  Luckily the dealer was open.  New tire.  No charge save for TN sales tax.

Question is:  If I switch tire brands to other than stock for my year model bike, even if to the the new MOCO endorsed Michelins, will coverage still apply?  Hmmmmm............need to research that one.
Regab,
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to specify the Michelin as a replacement tire now that HD endorses them and has them in their catalog.  I'm not a tire expert, but I've heard that you should mix brands though, and if you replaced one tire with one brand you should replace the other with the same.  Anyone know if that's true, or just sales hype to get you to buy two tires?

2012 FLHXSE3

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 08:04:44 AM »

skremin,
I had the rear tire replaced, which the 2 year warranty doesn't cover.  It had a nail lodged in it, and fortunately, it didn't lose any air, so I drove it to the dealership and had them replace it.  I carry a plug kit and air compressor, just in case I have a problem that causes a flat.  The plug repair is supposed to be good for up to 250 miles, at least that's what the kit said.  So that should give me plenty of distance to get to any HD dealership.
cheers :2vrolijk_21:,

Similar incident on my way to Rolling Thunder.  Was on I-24 when I heard something beatin' against my front fender.  Stopped.  No visible damage save the small piece of pallet wood hanging off my front tire.  Pulled it out.  Couldn't hear air escaping since I was right next to a rail yard in full swing.  Called Thunder Creek and made my way there.  12 miles later at Thunder Creek, there was 18 psi in the front tire.  Really glad I have that tire and wheel coverage.

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 08:09:10 AM »

Regab,
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to specify the Michelin as a replacement tire now that HD endorses them and has them in their catalog.  I'm not a tire expert, but I've heard that you should mix brands though, and if you replaced one tire with one brand you should replace the other with the same.  Anyone know if that's true, or just sales hype to get you to buy two tires?

Well, it probably is sales hype when it comes to mixed brands, but I think the real threat comes from mixed types (bias/radial).  Then there's folks like me who just can't get past having everything match, so if the rear gets changed to something else, then the front will too...........no matter how much serviceability is left in it.  Gotta match!   ;D

I have decision to make about tires, and I'll probably go with Mics............just to keep my tire and wheel coverage active.  Heck, I paid for it........may as well use it..............even if I never do again................but one never knows when chit will happen.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »

Anyone know if I can buy an extended warranty from a US stealer if I live in Canada?

Just figured with our dollar doing so well..... might be worth it.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 04:02:20 PM »

Hmmmm, that's a good question.  I would suggest calling the MoCo and finding out.  I think there's an HD of Canada, so it probably won't work up there.

2012 FLHXSE3

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 05:00:06 PM »

I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that the warranty may be suspect in Canada.  When my SEEG broke down in Nelson, part of the reason the warranty folks wanted me to get my bike out of country was because of all the issues with "Screamin' Eagle" parts being only able to be imported by Trev Deely.  The warranty company felt it would take months of paper work to cross all the bridges, and since we lived on the East Coast, just thought it best if we could at least get the bike back on the right side of the continent.  Seems like one would want to tread carefully in these murky waters since the MoCo and the warranty folks seem able to point at the strangest of things as to why they will not cover something. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »

Can we get an extended FTW??? ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 05:38:18 PM »

Can we get an extended FTW??? ;D

Hoist! 8)

Hey  :zwtf: many of us still have valid warranties, even after the 2 Yr Warranty is gone with our great relationship established with our servicing dealer and the extended warranty.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 05:42:02 PM by Rjob749 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »

Hey  :zwtf: many of us still have valid warranties, even after the 2 Yr Warranty is gone with our great relationship established with our servicing dealer and the extended warranty.  ::)
Ditto.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 06:45:09 PM »

Yeah, but ya'll don't have 110's either! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 06:56:29 PM »

Yeah, but ya'll don't have 110's either! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Oh sure, now you start splitting hairs :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 06:58:41 PM »

Oh sure, now you start splitting hairs :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

Nope! Only splitting engine cases! On my own too! FTW! And I'm extending that too! :P ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 07:02:49 PM »

Nope! Only splitting engine cases! On my own too! FTW! And I'm extending that too! :P ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: :bananarock:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 07:47:36 PM »

Roger,
            I may be wrong, but depending on your relationship with your local H-D dealer, you may be able to pay for an inspection on the new Banana and buy a Used Vehicle Warranty for it.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »

Roger,
            I may be wrong, but depending on your relationship with your local H-D dealer, you may be able to pay for an inspection on the new Banana and buy a Used Vehicle Warranty for it.

B B

Not sure if it is still under warranty now, but most likely I can.  But since I don't have a 110 I probably won't need one as someone (Howie) pointed out :huepfenlol2:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2007, 08:55:28 PM »

Not sure if it is still under warranty now, but most likely I can.  But since I don't have a 110 I probably won't need one as someone (Howie) pointed out :huepfenlol2:
Rog,
I don't want to appear "out of touch", but when did you pick up a  :bananarock: ?  Congrats on the new ride.  It'll make a great stable mate to the other two CVOs.

2012 FLHXSE3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »

Rog,
I don't want to appear "out of touch", but when did you pick up a  :bananarock: ?  Congrats on the new ride.  It'll make a great stable mate to the other two CVOs.

How close are you to Williamsburg?  I got it on eBay Sunday.  Chip is working on figuring a way to pick it up and get it to Traxxion with his new bike.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2007, 09:08:46 PM »

Rog,
You hadn't heard?? Roger is getting his own fleet of CVO's for all (East Coast) members of CVO Harley to ride during any/all West Coast CVO GTG's. Scot and I have first dibs at his extra bikes, but if either one or both of us can't make the event then Roger will be taking reservations. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2007, 09:12:47 PM »

You hadn't heard?? Roger is getting his own fleet of CVO's for all (East Coast) members of CVO Harley to ride during any/all West Coast CVO GTG's. Scot and I have first dibs at his extra bikes, but if either one or both of us can't make the event then Roger will be taking reservations. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Roger and d00d's
Eastcoast Rentals

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2007, 09:14:11 PM »

Roger and d00d's
Eastcoast Rentals

:ROFLOL: :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2007, 09:23:47 PM »

Roger and d00d's
Eastcoast Rentals

Put me on the reservation list.  So this is the new and improved Fly-N-Ride program, right?   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2007, 09:39:34 PM »

Put me on the reservation list.  So this is the new and improved Fly-N-Ride program, right?   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Currently we have a low mile  :pumpkin: as our only available unit.  I am told it was owned by an obsessive compulsive who toiled endlessly over it to keep it in the shape it is.

Seen here with our COO, preparing to roadtest it for a prospective customer.

NOte the previous customer had a mishap with the hard bag.  We installed the d00dduckie antenna as well.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 10:01:28 PM »

Currently we have a low mile  :pumpkin: as our only available unit.  I am told it was owned by an obsessive compulsive who toiled endlessly over it to keep it in the shape it is.

Seen here with our COO, preparing to roadtest it for a prospective customer.

NOte the previous customer had a mishap with the hard bag.  We installed the d00dduckie antenna as well.

As I was reading this post why is it I knew that this picture was going to be attached? :P :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »

As I was reading this post why is it I knew that this picture was going to be attached? :P :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:ROFLOL:

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 03:36:05 AM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I've got the South covered>>>> Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 08:24:44 AM »

I've got the South covered>>>> Greg

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hey Greg, if you come up short we can ship you the  :pumpkin: for the busy season down south :huepfenlol2:

:bananarock: :bananarock:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2007, 01:26:57 PM »

How close are you to Williamsburg?  I got it on eBay Sunday.  Chip is working on figuring a way to pick it up and get it to Traxxion with his new bike.

Rog,
Great deal!!  I live about 120 miles North of Williamsburg...if you need a place to keep the East Coast CVO, there's always room for a banana in my garage. ;)  Of course I would have to take it out "occassionally" to burn the carbon out...oh wait it's fuel injected, uh, recharge the battery, no, have a battery tender for that, ummmmmm, warm up the tires so they don't get out of round...yeah, that's the ticket. ::)

2012 FLHXSE3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2007, 02:39:37 PM »

Looks like Chip is planning on getting it out of Virginia next Saturday, seem to be just to many folks willing to maintain it for me by riding it. :huepfenlol2: :bananarock:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2007, 03:38:57 PM »

:jack:
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 21 queries.