Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fairing Lowers  (Read 8806 times)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
Re: Fairing Lowers
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »

I'd take mine off this time of year...IF I had my bike..sighs..I miss that girl.

Hey I know how you feel Mine was in the shop last year for almost two months

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »

I've had a Classic in the past and an 95" Ultra with no vents.  It was only a little hotter on the Ultra with the lowers then the Classic so now with the vented lowers and the fairing deflectors that allow me to direct the airflow I don't see an advantage to taking them off.  Besides... I'm anal retentive and need the glove boxes for my gloves, spare helmet cord, EX pass and sunglass holders.  :D

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 03:59:22 PM »

Ken,
You getting to know the SEVRod better during the down time of the SEUC?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I've put several hundred miles on it. it rides great, but, it's just not made for long trips like the bagger. I love it, but, it'll never replace the SEUC! Ya know?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »

I've had a Classic in the past and an 95" Ultra with no vents.  It was only a little hotter on the Ultra with the lowers then the Classic so now with the vented lowers and the fairing deflectors that allow me to direct the airflow I don't see an advantage to taking them off.  Besides... I'm anal retentive and need the glove boxes for my gloves, spare helmet cord, EX pass and sunglass holders.  :D

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I know what you mean, I use the boxes in the lowers for small stuff too, plus my DoD sticker is on the vent of the lower. I need that to get to work without a hassel of getting a temp pass.

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 04:02:48 PM »

I've put several hundred miles on it. it rides great, but, it's just not made for long trips like the bagger. I love it, but, it'll never replace the SEUC! Ya know?
I understand that it's a world of difference. Hopefully your wait will not be to much longer. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »

With the issues of this 110 motor getting hot especially that aft cylinder I pulled my lowers off and boy did my performance get better. She runs stronger and I have no pinging anymore from heat buildup. My SEUC will always have its lowers off. It reminds me of the days when I had my Roadking!!

So are you selling them, then? :nixweiss:  What are you asking for them?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 07:17:24 PM »

Got speakers in mine so they won't be coming off. Before the speakers they just accumulated junk. Now the junk is in the 3 winshield bags. I don't like junk in my saddle bags so I guess I will have to keep the windshield bags. Love the speakers in the lowers though!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 08:11:27 PM »

Should be another choice in the pole: keep a second bike without lowers for those really hot dog days of summer. I agree with those that said the bike looks funny without them and I too am too lazy to take them off.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »

With the vented lowers, I can't see any good reason to remove them.  I get plenty of air flow while moving, and when I'm not moving they have no affect one way or the other.  It is nice to have a little protection for the shin bones after all those years of painful contusions from bugs or road debris, and getting caught in the rain is less of a PITA when your boots don't fill up with water thrown up from the road.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 09:48:57 PM »

I haven't been through a summer yet, but winter here can be hotter than summer some places.  Heat seems OK with the vents open. 

I miss the look of the heritage, but I sure don't miss the rocks in the shins!

Glove boxes?  oh yeah, i forget they have glove boxes.  Such a pita snapping the covers closed, I never use them.  Anybody else have that problem?

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »

Serk doesn't have lowers, but had to vote on way in here.  :P In fact no uppers on her either.   ;D  Not telling which catagorie I tainted. :huepfenlol2:

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 11:21:20 PM »

I like the look and the storage for little things but mine are coming off, probably in another 2-3 weeks.  I like them on but TX heat is just to much.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 11:26:15 PM »

Bought my bike - rode it home and took the lowers off that same day.  Waxed the lowers, wrapped them in old towels and stored them on the top shelf of a closet.  The 100 mile ride home in July was enough for me.  Big difference with the lowers off - much cooler for me (besides, I like the looks without the lowers....without the lowers, it's not really a full dresser, right Howie :D)

I have a set of the HD snap on vinyl lowers I carry in my tour pak.  I can snap them on if it is cold or the roads are wet and then pull them off when out on a trip and store them in the bottom of my tour pak.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »

Bought my bike - rode it home and took the lowers off that same day.  Waxed the lowers, wrapped them in old towels and stored them on the top shelf of a closet.  The 100 mile ride home in July was enough for me.  Big difference with the lowers off - much cooler for me (besides, I like the looks without the lowers....without the lowers, it's not really a full dresser, right Howie :D)

I have a set of the HD snap on vinyl lowers I carry in my tour pak.  I can snap them on if it is cold or the roads are wet and then pull them off when out on a trip and store them in the bottom of my tour pak.
Too Early to decide if they stay for the Summer. I appreciate they have vents-seems the 95th anniversary didn't which was the only other EG I ever rode. I have a pair of soft-snap on if I do take the hard lowers off for bad weather, from my SERK. The do make my highway pegs a PITA to be where my short legs need them. :coolblue:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 07:39:36 AM »

Glove boxes?  oh yeah, i forget they have glove boxes.  Such a pita snapping the covers closed, I never use them.  Anybody else have that problem?

Yup.  I don't use mine either.  e-glide goodies makes a replacement door.  If I get more into trips I'll replace them.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=CF3C2D6A-BC81-4913-B78B-B8ED3BF9852B
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.