Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Trouble starting hot  (Read 5077 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Trouble starting hot
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 01:10:32 AM »

well, excuuuuse me...I was repeating what the service guy told me...Im not a mechanic, apparently you all know more than I about this so I'll sit back and read [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Tony, it wasn't anything you were saying or doing that I or anyone else was responding to or commenting in.  The response was to what was unfortunately poor advice given you by a tech.  

One of the benefits of an open forum such as this is the ability to bounce ideas off of others.  I've found that to be especially helpful on more than one occasion when I've wondered about something that I knew I wasn't familiar enough with to make a satisfactory judgement on.  Also, just something to consider, why would you post something on a discussion forum and then eithe expect it not to be discussed or be upset if it was?  You weren't being flamed in any way.  You were, instead, being extended the courtesy of other men taking the time to discuss an issue for your benefit and, seeminly, at your request.

Really Tony, none of my comments (nor from what I could read anyone else's) were in any way intended to speak poorly of or condescendingly to you.  They were instead just part of what is the standard type of disucssion around here.  That discussion, in this case, was intended to be for your benefit.  This is so because it really is the case that someone suggesting compression releases for an engine with the compression ratios that ours run is giving you advice that is expensive, incorrect, and permanently and unnecessarily damaging to the cylinder heads.  

That's the kind of thing you should want to know.  That's why you'd start a discussion such as that on a board such as this.  And that's why those of us responding would take the time to discuss it for you and with you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:10:58 AM by twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 01:13:17 AM »

Not to speak for Twolane, but I think he was just trying to keep you from drilling holes in your heads based upon the suggestion you were given from your tech for solving the problem. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

That was it entirely Brian.  Suggesting compression releases for a hard starting problem on a low compression engine is kind of like suggesting skin grafts to cover the holes in your body caused by a compound fracture.  It treats what you see but not what the problem is.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 06:54:46 AM »

That was it entirely Brian.  Suggesting compression releases for a hard starting problem on a low compression engine is kind of like suggesting skin grafts to cover the holes in your body caused by a compound fracture.  It treats what you see but not what the problem is.

Now I just never thought about it like that!!!!!

BE SAFE

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 10:14:02 AM »

Tony, it wasn't anything you were saying or doing that I or anyone else was responding to or commenting in.  The response was to what was unfortunately poor advice given you by a tech.  

One of the benefits of an open forum such as this is the ability to bounce ideas off of others.  I've found that to be especially helpful on more than one occasion when I've wondered about something that I knew I wasn't familiar enough with to make a satisfactory judgement on.  Also, just something to consider, why would you post something on a discussion forum and then eithe expect it not to be discussed or be upset if it was?  You weren't being flamed in any way.  You were, instead, being extended the courtesy of other men taking the time to discuss an issue for your benefit and, seeminly, at your request.

Really Tony, none of my comments (nor from what I could read anyone else's) were in any way intended to speak poorly of or condescendingly to you.  They were instead just part of what is the standard type of disucssion around here.  That discussion, in this case, was intended to be for your benefit.  This is so because it really is the case that someone suggesting compression releases for an engine with the compression ratios that ours run is giving you advice that is expensive, incorrect, and permanently and unnecessarily damaging to the cylinder heads.  

That's the kind of thing you should want to know.  That's why you'd start a discussion such as that on a board such as this.  And that's why those of us responding would take the time to discuss it for you and with you.

You are right, I misread your comments, I'll go stand in the corner.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 11:08:02 AM »

Tony

Our friend!

Don't go to the corner.

Go buy yourself a trailer and set yourself apart from all those other fruits and nuts out there.

It worked for me, Tater, 103T, BLM777, try it you will like it! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

just don't go to the corner

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 11:57:06 AM »

You are right, I misread your comments, I'll go stand in the corner.

OH NO!!  Not THE CORNER!!!!  [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif]  That's where Tater and Chip plan their evil from.  Nobody should have to go to the The Corner.  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 11:58:23 AM »

Tony

Our friend!

Don't go to the corner.

Go buy yourself a trailer and set yourself apart from all those other fruits and nuts out there.

It worked for me, Tater, 103T, BLM777, try it you will like it! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

just don't go to the corner

See, I told you he was evil!  [smiley=laugh.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 12:38:45 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
 I cannot believe such a word as "EVIL" would flow from the lips of a Man of your caliber and position, to ascribe to the meek and humble natures of such non-competitive members as "Chip" and "Tater!" [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 12:40:50 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
  I cannot believe such a word as "EVIL" would flow from the lips of a Man of your caliber and position, to ascribe to the meek and humble natures of such non-competitive members as "Chip" and "Tater!" [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD    

Oh Geez, ok guys, I won't be posting here for a couple of days or so.  Gonna take me that long to stop laughing  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 01:29:04 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,

I still can't get Potato Chips (tater chips) out of my head!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2005, 03:41:24 PM »

I still can't get Potato Chips (tater chips) out of my head!

Bill, did you ever one which one (Tater or Chip) was Vinegar and which one was Onion?  [smiley=7.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

Bill, did you ever one which one (Tater or Chip) was Vinegar and which one was Onion?  [smiley=7.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
 You're full of yourself today, ain't cha', my boy? [smiley=sauer021.gif]  I think it's time your mentor, JCZ, read you some of the Leadership requirements from the most recent, Global Moderator's Handbook, under "How to pi$$ your Members off, and make them like it!"  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
  You're full of yourself today, ain't cha', my boy? [smiley=sauer021.gif]  I think it's time your mentor, JCZ, read you some of the Leadership requirements from the most recent, Global Moderator's Handbook, under "How to pi$$ your Members off, and make them like it!"  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD

Ok, now we know which one is Vinegar  [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2005, 04:57:05 PM »

As crazy as it sounds I will ask does this happen all the time or when certain conditions exist? Such as when the fuel tank is almost empty? Is it possible that the fuel pump goes into vapor lock when over heated due to an empty fuel tank and the vtwin pressure cooker underneath it? Technically FI can't vapor lock but the fuel pump could possibly...

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2005, 06:10:55 PM »

TwoLane wrote

Ok, now we know which one is Vinegar  

Does that make me the onion [smiley=smilie_daumenneg.gif]

Where is JCZ at when we need him, TwoLane is out of control.

Hey TwoLane---------> [smiley=sauer019.gif]

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.