Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 1st Trip With the CVO  (Read 3027 times)

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
Re: 1st Trip With the CVO
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »

Was on Mastertune's website last night. Now I know the difference between it and PC.  I'm familiar with HP Tuner and how it works (I have a custom tune in my 2006 SSR that was done with HP SW.) Looks like Mastertune operates the same way with bikes...edits fuel tables in the factory ECM.  Looks like I can also use the software to view fault codes.  I assume PC cannot query the ECM for fault codes? You've just about convinced me to go the Mastertune route.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 11:59:49 AM »

Was on Mastertune's website last night. Now I know the difference between it and PC.  I'm familiar with HP Tuner and how it works (I have a custom tune in my 2006 SSR that was done with HP SW.) Looks like Mastertune operates the same way with bikes...edits fuel tables in the factory ECM.  Looks like I can also use the software to view fault codes.  I assume PC cannot query the ECM for fault codes? You've just about convinced me to go the Mastertune route.

No, the PC cannot "talk" to the ECM as do the TTS, SERT software.  The TTS works like a SERT.  In the long run, you'd be better served with a product like the TTS, though the PC does just fine.  The only downside to the PC is that if it ever takes a crap on you, you must remove it and then you're back with whatever is actually in the ECM with regards to programming.  Not many PC's take a crap, but it has happened.  Anything can fail.

Yet another option would be the Rev Performance  http://www.revperf.com/Precision/index.html   I am not personally experienced with it, but others here are using it with success, so it is a viable alternative.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »

I would not recommend matching the seat from Corbin to be like the stock seat, 06-07. Mine has worn through the black in quite a few places where the small braiding areas are. I will be getting mine recovered eventually with a better material. I have had several Corbin seats over the years on different bikes and have been very happy but this one looks much older than the one on my 96 WG that has been on since new. JMO.

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »

Another alternative is send the seat to  http://www.meancitycycles.com/  I have not used them personally, but hear good things.

Contacted Meancity Cycles. They can't do their magic to the Ultra CVO seats for my year.  :(  

Their reply: "The way the Screaming Eagle seats are made we cannot change much on them.  The leather covers have been shaped to fit the seat shape and the seat heaters cannot be removed off the seats because they are made into the seats."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:52:34 AM by Z10 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »

I would not recommend matching the seat from Corbin to be like the stock seat, 06-07. Mine has worn through the black in quite a few places where the small braiding areas are. I will be getting mine recovered eventually with a better material. I have had several Corbin seats over the years on different bikes and have been very happy but this one looks much older than the one on my 96 WG that has been on since new. JMO.

Did you have them use the Mercedes leather or one of the exotic leathers??  I've considered the exotics but stuck with the Mercedes due to suspecion of how long the exotics would hold up. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.