Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: AAFES CVO Prices  (Read 4178 times)

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
AAFES CVO Prices
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »

Finally made it over and getting settled in Germany.  Visited the AAFES HD store on Ramstein yesterday.  They had a 2012 black and yellow FLHTCUSE.  Just out of curiosity I asked what they were getting for it.  He said $36k. I thought it would be a little cheaper.  The last time I saw one on the floor in Virginia I thought it was going for the same price.  Overseas they're tax free.  I thought you got good deals purchasing bikes through AAFES. I don't see this being that good of a deal.  He told me a guy came in and said the same bike was selling for $41k in Hawaii.  I told him everything is higher on the island.  I told I didn't think anyone was paying that kind of price on the mainland.  Are they going for more than $36k back in the states?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:03:58 AM by Z10 »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: AFFES CVO Prices
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

The 2012 CVO Ultra MSRP is $37,249 plus $380 freight in the USA. The 2013 is $37,599 plus $380 Freight, and the 2013 CVO Anniversary version is $1000 more.

Jerry

I'm probably screwed up, but shouldn't that be AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Service)?  I don't think they really have huge discounts above and beyond what folks could find elsewhere.  They are tasked with providing not only "good" prices for service members but they also are tasked with making a profit to support other programs for military families.  At least that's what I've been told; I'm not a service member or vet.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:33:26 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »

Finally made it over and getting settled in Germany.  Visited the AFFES HD store on Ramstein yesterday.  They had a 2012 black and yellow FLHTCUSE.  Just out of curiosity I asked what they were getting for it.  He said $36k. I thought it would be a little cheaper.  The last time I saw one on the floor in Virginia I thought it was going for the same price.  Overseas they're tax free.  I thought you got good deals purchasing bikes through AFFES. I don't see this being that good of a deal.  He told me a guy came in and said the same bike was selling for $41k in Hawaii.  I told him everything is higher on the island.  I told I didn't think anyone was paying that kind of price on the mainland.  Are they going for more than $36k back in the states?

I checked out the prices in Kuwait while I was in the middle east and when I came home on vacation, the dealer had no problem beating the Afees prices.

Joe

Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:15:46 PM »

I am currently in Hawaii
The dealer has no 2013's period
And does know when they will.

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 01:54:47 AM »

AFFES was great when Harley didnt make many bikes and there was a long waiting list.  I have 2 friends who got stationed in Puerto Rico in the 90s so they could get a bike.

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 07:37:13 AM »

Run down to Pulaski and see Eddie Kane. He'll hook you up with the best deal. He's been Europe's top seller for 6+ years, been there a while, and doesn't BS anyone.  Great dude to work with.  I ordered my '11 from Afghanistan at $3K under MSRP, and saved $2k in differential taxation rates when I shipped it to AL.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »

I bought my 09 SERG in from AAFES in Japan and paid $2,800 under retail. Buying through them when the economy was booming and bikes were selling well over retail... now it is just an OK deal.

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
Re: AAFES CVO Prices
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 10:10:16 AM »

@grc:  My bad on the typo...AAFES

@MadCVORG:  Met Eddie Cane last week at a car show on Kapaun.  He no longer rides but does sell bikes.  He has a clean 65 Ford Galaxy convertible at the show.  I think he took home a trophy.  I'm not in the market for a bike.  This is my first time overseas.  Based on the stories I heard I thought the deals were much better.

Tweet

• Tweet
  • 1K CVO Member
    • WY

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 10:33:19 AM »

PM sent to you.

Tweet

Mongo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Electra Glide Ultra, Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »

Z10,
I worked with a salesman by the name of Rory White, and he did work in Rhamstein. He gave me an outstanding deal and we had to work everything out over emails and Skype. He has even checked in on my since which is pretty cool in my eyes. As far as the price in the states I have seen everything from a little cheaper than your quote to $41K.

Mongo

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:03 AM »

Finally made it over and getting settled in Germany.  Visited the AAFES HD store on Ramstein yesterday.  They had a 2012 black and yellow FLHTCUSE.  Just out of curiosity I asked what they were getting for it.  He said $36k. I thought it would be a little cheaper.  The last time I saw one on the floor in Virginia I thought it was going for the same price.  Overseas they're tax free.  I thought you got good deals purchasing bikes through AAFES. I don't see this being that good of a deal.  He told me a guy came in and said the same bike was selling for $41k in Hawaii.  I told him everything is higher on the island.  I told I didn't think anyone was paying that kind of price on the mainland.  Are they going for more than $36k back in the states?

That bike at $41K has 1012 dealer ridden miles on it. (The company VP rides it)

you need to know someone to BUY a CVO priced right... chatting about price on the internet wont get the bike off the floor.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

AWALL/1818

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »

I picked up my 2012 Shark under MSRP, $29 and change with no tax here in Korea from AAFES. That was the reason I shelled out that kind of coin. Checking stateside i am sure I saved 4-7 grand.
I will say with not being able to get options from the dealer sorta sucks but still I think I saved big time!

DoubledUp

• CVO1: 2008 Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 06:31:46 AM »

I personally cant stand the Ramstein dealership. A friend of mine tried to buy a Forty-Eight from them last year. They said the one on the floor was the only one left in country, so she put some money down on it to hold it while she got her loan in order. They sold that bike out from under her to a cash paying customer (someone we just so happen to know) and tried to feed her some BS line about another dealer already placing a hold on it that they didnt know about or something to that nature. Then they didnt want to giver her hold money back, tried to get her to put it towards another bike that she didnt want.
Fastforward to a couple of months ago. Another female friend of mine has been thinking about buying her first motorcycle for a while now. She was just walking through the Ramstein shop and saw a sportster that she really liked. She doesnt really know how to speak intelligently about Harleys with anyone yet because she is just getting in to them. She asked some questions and decided to get semi-serious about it enough that the salesmen asked her which bank she would be using for the financing. When she told them she didnt need financing because she would be paying cash, they chuckled at her and started to talk to some other customers in the shop. They pegged her from the start as just some dumb blonde that doesnt know what she is talking about and is just full of it.
I still walk through the shop everytime I go to Ramstein just to look at the bikes they have on the floor, and not once has a salesman ever said one word to me. I already have two Harleys, so I am not in the market for a bike at the moment. But anytime I can, I steer people away from that shop.
2004 Softail, lowered, chromed, 16" Carlini Gangster Apes, Pythons and custom painted tank logos.
2008 CVO Springer, Black V&H Short Shots, tuner.
2012 Street Glide, work in progress.....

Uncle Fester

• Hostage of the MoCo
  • Junior CVO Member
    • MD

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE3 "Serafina"
    • CVO2: '11 FLTRUSE "Pazia"
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 08:21:08 PM »

Anyone bought a CVO through ENCS? Exchange New Car Service, the Navy equivalent. I head back to sea in January, playing with the idea of ordering a SE RK if the price is right.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 03:46:41 PM »

one thing to look out for when buying through AAFES, the salesman will tell you 'tax-free', but that isn't really true.  it is more like 'tax-deferred'.  when you bring your ride back to the states, and go to register it at the local dmv, if you can't show that you paid sales tax on it, they will hit you up for that before they give you your plate.  if the vehicle is less than 2 years old, they will hit you up for full tax (at least here in la).  over 2 years, you'll pay tax on what they determin book value to be.

this may be common knowledge to many here, but i saw a couple of soldiers that got put in a serious hardship because of this when i was deployed to iraq.

as far as AAFES pricing, the only 'deal' that i saw when deployed was that for the same price that i would pay at my 'local' dealer, AAFES included an additional 1 year extended warranty.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 02:42:59 AM »

Taxation depends o nyour local State laws. In AL, the tax rate is 8.5%, but when I picked up the bike, it was 2.65%.  Saved me almost $2,000.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.