Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Madstad on a Batwing  (Read 7930 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Madstad on a Batwing
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »

Would you please take some side pictures of it? (In the up and down positions) Thx
Sure thing.  

All the way down & back....

Measurement to top....

All the way up and forward....

Measurement to top......

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:28:30 PM by 05train »
The best you've had is the best you know.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »

Thanks for the report! I've been in touch with Mark at Madstad via email and will ride down next week (about an hour) to pick up a 13" for my RGU. I have read 4 threads on the Roadglide.org forum about this shield on the RG and the consensus is a resounding yes for the rider as well as the BSR. I'll post back here if that's okay with my results.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51:38 PM »

Thanks for the report! I've been in touch with Mark at Madstad via email and will ride down next week (about an hour) to pick up a 13" for my RGU. I have read 4 threads on the Roadglide.org forum about this shield on the RG and the consensus is a resounding yes for the rider as well as the BSR. I'll post back here if that's okay with my results.
Have at it! 

I think you'll love it.  It doesn't take much to figure out what works and what doesn't.  Don't stress too much about the exact angle and elevation like some of those guys over there do.  It's easy enough to adjust if it isn't quite right.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »

I have one on a Suzuki and it works quite well. I didn't know they Mede them for the HD's. a long term report should prove interesting

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »

Took a 460 mile jaunt for a free lunch yesterday.  I wore the Arai, but took the half shell just in case.  Shouldn't have bothered, the Madstad and the Arai worked perfectly together.  I had it set 2/3 of the way up, leaned all the way forward.  That put the lip of the shield about where the 10" Windvest was.

At 80mph there was no head-toss, no booming, no vibration.  There was still wind noise, but that's to be expected.  There was enough air flowing over the helmet that the vents were working fine, but not so much that it roared.  I had no issue raising the shield of the helmet at speed.  It didn't cause turbulence, didn't get any louder, and didn't cause my eyes to water, even without glasses on.  I also noticed I didn't have the Sena turned up as much as I usually do.

So yeah, another big win for the Madstad.

sperl

• MN

• CVO1: 2010 LIMITED CVO ( SOLD )
    • CVO2: 2014 LIMITED CVO ( SOLD )
    • CVO3: 2015 LIMITED CVO
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 02:01:14 PM »

GREAT REPORT. JUST WONDERING WHAT HEIGHT OF WINDSHIELD YOU GOT AND WAS IT TINTED OR CLEAR. I THINK IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD ON THE SCOOTER.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »

Thanks!

I got the 11" medium tint.  But talk to Mark if you order one, he'll recommend a size based on your height and inseam. 

The guys I met up with Saturday agreed that it really didn't look bad.  One of them liked it so much he ordered one.   I rode it to work today, and was once again very pleased with the performance. 

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.