CVO Social > Other Topics

New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020

<< < (2/31) > >>

SDCVO:
as I have posted before my dealer also owns the Indian dealer about 200 yards away. Last Saturday the Harley store was packed and the Indian store was empty. I asked the GM (both stores) how Indian was doing and he said they were in the top 25 but still sold 5 to 1 Harleys and they are not in the top 25 for them. He also told me they shorten the demo route on the Indians compared to the Harleys due to the heat they crank out. He said number 1 complaint on them and they found when they shortened the route they had a better "closing ratio". He did tell me they sell every FTR they can get their hands on and it really is a great bike. we have become friends over the last few years and he is the one that talked me into getting the BMW Bagger..

OBB:

--- Quote from: Mark on July 30, 2019, 11:17:30 PM ---But volume doesn't guarantee success, just look at General Motors.  Had it not been for Uncle Sugar's bailout, they'd be bankrupt.  Remember Magnavox, Philco, Kenmore, Admiral, et al..all TV manufactures that dominated the US market at one point.   

--- End quote ---
Never said it did. Just stated it's easy to show nice percentage gains when volumes are smaller.

ultrarider123:
Good healthy competition is a plus for the consumer and, hopefully, will keep competitors hopping.  I hope this is a home run for Indian just like I hope Harley can sell all the Livewire bikes.  I don't think any of us want manufactures to fail, just improve.

muddypaws:
Last quarter Indian sales were up 18%

Glenncarp:

--- Quote from: muddypaws on July 31, 2019, 07:20:02 AM ---Last quarter Indian sales were up 18%

--- End quote ---

Best friend owner Indian dresser for 2 years. Loved bike except it handled like a cinder block on 2 wheels, he is now back on a Street Glide because of handling issue.

I played with his GPS system. snazzy looking, but terrible. No way to import a route, Indian has the idea that you create them on the bike screen, bad idea. This was 2 years ago, so this maybe different now. Stereo was terrible sounding and not much after market stuff available. After seeing all that, decided to stay with HD even with all if their issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version