CVO Social > Other Topics

What would you do?

(1/3) > >>

Stewie_FL:
Ok guys, I just have to through this out there and ask what you would do if this happened to you. I know what I would do.

Guy I ride with took his trike to the local Harley dealer. I will not call them out because last time he had a problem I did and he got mad.

So, he takes his trike to the dealer to have slip-ons and flashing LED tail lamps put on. Tells the service department exactly what he wants and drops off the bike. He paid $1100.00+ and tipped the service writer, parts guy, and mechanic all $20.00 before looking at the bike. When he goes to pick up the bike, the new LED tail lights do not flash, and the slip-ons are not even the brand he ordered. The dealer told him, well these were cheaper than the ones you wanted and we figured you would like them better. They never called and asked him, they just took it on themselves to change what he wanted.

WTF were they thinking? I said that's like taking your black bike in for service and when you get it back, it's painted red and they tell you we thought you would like the bike better in red.

Have any of you ever heard of a dealer just changing your order without asking? This just blows my mind. Don't think I will take me CVO there for service, might get a Goldwing back.

VaEagle:
My alarm bells went off when you mentioned he paid and tipped in advance of the work being done. In my experience with repair/service work you only pay in advance for custom parts customer wants but labor and shop fees paid upon final inspection. What you described would not pass inspection with me and I would have gone to service manager as a starting point then higher up the food chain as needed.....

iski:
Agree with VaEagle.  Do not pay upfront. Pay after job is completed. Sounds like that dealer had some slip ons sitting around they wanted to get rid of. Unacceptable.

Ironhorse:
Well given the history here, I would do nothing. Not your bike, not your shop, not your circus.

"A lesson will be repeated, until it is learned" - Confucius

mark:
Would not have accepted the bike - put the original mufflers back on, make the taillights flash, pay for that, then I’d go elsewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version