Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Modular full face  (Read 6380 times)

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
Re: Modular full face
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »

Revzilla likes every helmet they review.

Kid at cycle gear was excited about the agv. Not that looks should be important, but can't get past the green and red/orange stripes. Looks like either Italian or Irish flag. Not that I wouldn't wear it, just cover that up.

Noise and dry are the biggest factor in my pick. I love riding through the rain but hate a wet helmet. Also hate to play radio at 9 to hear it in headsets.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:00:24 PM by bakon »
Will

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 11:48:57 PM »

Revzilla likes every helmet they review.

Kid at cycle gear was excited about the agv. Not that looks should be important, but can't get past the green and red/orange stripes. Looks like either Italian or Irish flag. Not that I wouldn't wear it, just cover that up.

Noise and dry are the biggest factor in my pick. I love riding through the rain but hate a set helmet. Also hate to play radio at 9 to hear it in headsets.
The one I got was matt black with no stripes. last weekend on my first ride with helmet I got dumped on about 20 minutes into the ride and helmet stayed completely dry inside. Just a FYI
Alan

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 08:16:49 AM »

The one I got was matt black with no stripes. last weekend on my first ride with helmet I got dumped on about 20 minutes into the ride and helmet stayed completely dry inside. Just a FYI

Good to know it stays dry inside.  How is wind noise?  easy to hear music on head sets?
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 10:31:03 AM »

Just took delivery of a Schuberth C4 Legacy modular helmet with the SC1 Advanced system that integrates with the helmet speakers, antennae and mike. I’d been waiting for this to come in for multiple months. Obviously, there’s no opportunity to ride with it in our present weather conditions, but the fit and finish is excellent – fairly outstanding as one would expect from Schuberth. I don’t think the in helmet/Bluetooth audio is going to work for me however - no way it appears to be loud enough to overcome my bike’s pipes, let alone road/wind noise. I was hoping this would work so I could listen to audio-books on my iPhone directly into the helmet and not use the bike’s audio system.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 07:03:25 PM »

Good looking helmet. Where did you get it? Cost?
They lever for the shield looks like it would be in the way for the of style Harley headsets which mount on the left.
Will

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 11:11:09 PM »

Good to know it stays dry inside.  How is wind noise?  easy to hear music on head sets?
Have over 1000 miles on it now and it really is a amazing helmet! I can hear the speakers so much clearer then on my Schuberth. Not sure why as both helmets are quiet inside but sure it has something to do with recessed pockets for speakers.
Alan

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 08:22:08 AM »

Good looking helmet. Where did you get it? Cost?
They lever for the shield looks like it would be in the way for the of style Harley headsets which mount on the left.

I ordered the C4 through a BMW dealership in New Hampshire after researching on line. The place I ordered from offers 20% off on helmets, so with the SCI system ($310) the bottom was around $980. expensive, but a few hundred less than some of the big name on-line sellers. The mike is built into the helmet and the wireless Bluetooth system would work for a BSR or bike to bike communication, so I wasn't concerned about the H-D mounting. As stated though, I don't think the audio as designed will work for me - not enough volume...

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »

Have over 1000 miles on it now and it really is a amazing helmet! I can hear the speakers so much clearer then on my Schuberth. Not sure why as both helmets are quiet inside but sure it has something to do with recessed pockets for speakers.

Thanks, I keep looking at that helmet.  They are out of Stock at Cycle Gear and Revzilla.  Only interested in the glossy carbon black.  My go to local cycle gear to have then order for me to try on and if I like buy.  Looks like Mid May before they come available.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 02:33:31 AM »

Thanks, I keep looking at that helmet.  They are out of Stock at Cycle Gear and Revzilla.  Only interested in the glossy carbon black.  My go to local cycle gear to have then order for me to try on and if I like buy.  Looks like Mid May before they come available.
Just as a FYI I got mine from Cycle Gear also and when I pre ordered it I got a email saying it would not be in till mid May either but then showed up when I did my OP. Another interesting thing is whenever I get a new helmet I spend about a week with a spoon trying to "break in" the very front where I always have issues with my forehead. When I sat down in my chair with my spoon to start the process the styrofoam part (think its called EPS?) that you work on was so pliable that it took about 15 minutes to work it down where it was conformable for me. I have a huge forehead and getting helmets to not make me feel like I have needles stuck in them after a couple of hours of riding usually takes quite a while for me. Amazed me I didn't have to go through that on this one..
Alan

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 08:49:54 AM »

Just as a FYI I got mine from Cycle Gear also and when I pre ordered it I got a email saying it would not be in till mid May either but then showed up when I did my OP. Another interesting thing is whenever I get a new helmet I spend about a week with a spoon trying to "break in" the very front where I always have issues with my forehead. When I sat down in my chair with my spoon to start the process the styrofoam part (think its called EPS?) that you work on was so pliable that it took about 15 minutes to work it down where it was conformable for me. I have a huge forehead and getting helmets to not make me feel like I have needles stuck in them after a couple of hours of riding usually takes quite a while for me. Amazed me I didn't have to go through that on this one..

Thank you very much for all the information.  I will go into cycle gear when I get home in 3 weeks.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 03:35:57 PM »

Let me get it right...your ordered at store and waited to come in? Or online and delivered to local cycle gear store? Pay up front or when picked up?

Going to have to try the agv and compare to neotec 2.
Will

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 09:48:57 PM »

Let me get it right...your ordered at store and waited to come in? Or online and delivered to local cycle gear store? Pay up front or when picked up?

Going to have to try the agv and compare to neotec 2.
I went into Cycle gear where the guy had just seen the helmet from the AGV rep a few days before and was all fired up about it and basically talked me into getting one. Since it wasn't out yet he did the order online and I could have chose to have it sent to my house or store. Since I needed him to set up my Sena (how I met him in the first place when the WHIM come out) I had it sent to the store and did pay for it then. My local Cycle Gear has a 30 day no questions asked return policy (assume its a national policy) so I wasn't worried about paying ups front for it. When I ordered he told me the rep told him they would they would start delivering end of Feb but a few days after I did order I got e email from Cycle Gear saying it was delayed until mid May and gave me an option to cancel. I ignored email then got another email couple days later saying helmet had shipped and would be in store in a couple of days.
Alan

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »

Ended up with Neotec 2. Ride about 1500 miles now. 600 twice with rain half of one of those trips. Comfortable, quiet relative to my exhaust which is vh hi outputs and pretty loud. Road traffic is quiet for sure, radio can be played with Harley headset at 5-7 comfortable. I did get fogging in rain in traffic but did not install the pinlock face shield.  Found I liked the face shield not fully locked down.  But I stayed dry. As for heat, temps hit 80-90s with good airflow on highway but not in traffic. Lifted open when stopped. At 700 bucks it is twice the helmet the bell revolver was, but one downside, Harley headsets speakers are too big for  spot cut in helmet for other brand speaker. I had to make some Velcro backing and padding to get Harley headset to work. Then I got some sore ears the first couple rides to get it right. 
Will
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.