Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Road Glide Windshields  (Read 20535 times)

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
Road Glide Windshields
« on: September 07, 2008, 03:36:15 PM »

Okay I've had the 12KW shield its OK but still get a lot of wind rushing past ears.  I threw on a 13 in moon shaped glass I got off of ebay cheap and it works pretty good but I think it looks goofy.  Really makes the front fairing look really big. 
So does any body else besides KW make a shield that bends in.  I think the KW shield would be cool if they made it a little taller, little darker and not so much of the side bends in it.  I know everybody is talking about clearview and I had one on my ultra and great shield but on a rg wondering how it looked, do they make them with the upper curve?  I checked out the websight and wasn't that impressed with the way they looked. 
Anybody know anybody else that custom makes shields for the RG

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
Re: Road Glide Windshields
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »

Okay I've had the 12KW shield its OK but still get a lot of wind rushing past ears.  I threw on a 13 in moon shaped glass I got off of ebay cheap and it works pretty good but I think it looks goofy.  Really makes the front fairing look really big. 
So does any body else besides KW make a shield that bends in.  I think the KW shield would be cool if they made it a little taller, little darker and not so much of the side bends in it.  I know everybody is talking about clearview and I had one on my ultra and great shield but on a rg wondering how it looked, do they make them with the upper curve?  I checked out the websight and wasn't that impressed with the way they looked. 
Anybody know anybody else that custom makes shields for the RG

Darn good question.  The 12" KW has a lot of wind turbulance past your ears.  Way to loud for me  but I can not find anything better

Sparky

• CVO1: 2009 SERG O&B
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »

I will be putting on a Kuryakayn on Tuesday, I will le you know.

Spaky

MikeD

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »

If this 12" klock werks doesn't work out, I'm going to try the -1 clear view and tint it myself, or maybe something off of ebay.  I may get a stock one and modify it myself.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »

If this 12" klock werks doesn't work out, I'm going to try the -1 clear view and tint it myself, or maybe something off of ebay.  I may get a stock one and modify it myself.

Mike D   if you find anything better let me know

MikeD

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »

Will do my friend.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »

Will do my friend.

Trust me I will return the favor.....  The stock RG shield worked the best that I have found but it is hair butt ugly

MikeD

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »

Trust me I will return the favor.....  The stock RG shield worked the best that I have found but it is hair butt ugly

I agree, when I say  modify it, i mean maybe through some light tint and cut an inch off of it.  I may try to find a used one on ebay.

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 09:53:48 PM »

Mike D   if you find anything better let me know

bbrown
 did i miss something?  i thought you were going with the ultra?  :nixweiss:
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 10:04:05 PM »

bbrown
 did i miss something?  i thought you were going with the ultra?  :nixweiss:

Customryder,
 In the final analysis I selected the O/b SERG.  Still nervous about the wind effect but its on order.

Do not think I can part with the B/B SEEG so I have some work to do with the wife

customryder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »

Customary,
 In the final analysis I selected the O/b SERG.  Still nervous about the wind effect but its on order.

Do not think I can part with the B/B SEEG so I have some work to do with the wife

great choice especially if your going to keep the 04 eg.. I had a b/b seeg also, nice bike as well..

I finding I'm liking the serg more everytime i ride it!
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 11:11:04 AM »

great choice especially if your going to keep the 04 eg.. I had a b/b seeg also, nice bike as well..

I finding I'm liking the serg more everytime i ride it!

Customryder, Sorry I got your name wrong.  (Dam spell checker)  By the way what color did you get??

customryder

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »

Customryder, Sorry I got your name wrong.  (Dam spell checker)  By the way what color did you get??

no problem.. orange & black..  love it!
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

customryder

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »

I will be putting on a Kuryakayn on Tuesday, I will le you know.

Spaky

???
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »

???

I've got  a 13.5 " Clearview coming, will install Wdnesday, and ride to H.S Thursday....I'm 6-3 we'll see how that works ....
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

uly-glide

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 06 Buell Ulysses
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »

I just put a Clearview +1 (over stock) on, so far so good.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »

I just put a Clearview +1 (over stock) on, so far so good.

It sure looks good with the lowers

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »

Hi Guys,

Those of you using the Klock Werks flares, have you installed using the rubber gasket (or whatever it's called) from the regular RG or not?  (See black rubber strip in picture at bottom of winshield.)  If not, does it rattle or scratch anything?  Any information is appreciated.  Thanks!

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »

I rode a friends 07' RG with a 8" KW windshield and I didn't think it was any better than the stock SERG windscreen - oh, and I am 5'10". I ordered a 10" and a 12" Cee Bailey's Dark Grey windshield that will be arriving via UPS tomorrow - it only took them 4 days after I placed my order to ship the 2 windshields and I think that I am going to really like the dark grey tint. I also ordered a Clearview 12-1/2" Light Grey Tint that I expect to receive in about a month - I will probably use this windshield when the weather turns sour and I need a little more protection from the elements. Experimentation will determine which one will work best for me. I will provide a ride report on the Cee Bailey windshields after I put some ride time behind each windshield height.

jcd520

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »

Check out Ceebaileys.com ------they make what you are looking for.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »

I rode a friends 07' RG with a 8" KW windshield and I didn't think it was any better than the stock SERG windscreen - oh, and I am 5'10". I ordered a 10" and a 12" Cee Bailey's Dark Grey windshield that will be arriving via UPS tomorrow - it only took them 4 days after I placed my order to ship the 2 windshields and I think that I am going to really like the dark grey tint. I also ordered a Clearview 12-1/2" Light Grey Tint that I expect to receive in about a month - I will probably use this windshield when the weather turns sour and I need a little more protection from the elements. Experimentation will determine which one will work best for me. I will provide a ride report on the Cee Bailey windshields after I put some ride time behind each windshield height.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on which one works and looks the best .

I am trying to decide what to do and right now am thinking the Klock Werks 12 inch but have heard the wind noise is bad   (I am 5' 10" too

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »

Those of you using the Klock Werks flares, have you installed using the rubber gasket (or whatever it's called) from the regular RG or not?  (See black rubber strip in picture at bottom of winshield.)  If not, does it rattle or scratch anything?  Any information is appreciated. 

Greg, I have the same problem.  I ordered a Klock Werks shield and it didn't come with the rubber seal.  As you've probably figured out, the stock one with our bikes will not fit it.  I had to order one from the dealer and it's taking forever for them to get it to me. 

I am holding off on installing it until I get the seal.  I don't believe it's a good idea to use the shield without one.  When you remove the shield there is a pretty big gap hidden behind it where the farings meet.  Water, dust, bugs, etc. would easily channel under the front edge of the shield and then route directly into the radio.  I've been tempted, but keep holding off to do it right. 

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 06:33:40 PM »

Great minds seem to think alike....  :huepfenlol2:  I don't have my SERG yet (waiting on yellow) but I have the 12" KW sitting at home.  It looks to be the same thickness as the regular RG shields and thus I assumed you should use the gasket / seal.  I'll order one and should have it by the time I get on the SERG.  Sure would be a shame to short out that Hawg Tunes system.... 

Now, use the chrome piece (P/N: 58519-07) or black rubber (P/N: ??) which was never ideal because it can come out easily.  If rubber I think I'll try to glue it in place.  They might have a "Rumble Collection" piece coming out.  Decisions decisions....

g

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

MikeD

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »

Hey guys, I met Brian Klock last weekend at Granite Mountain HD.  We talked about the new road glide and the exhaust, suspension, etc.  He did tell me that they are having a 16" windshield coming out soon.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »

Uly-glide,

How about a couple more pics of the lowers!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

rasmusmi

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 06:28:07 PM »

What's the verdict (consensus) on the best (and coolest, of course) windshield for a 6ft. tall rider on the '09 SERG? I'm leaning towards the 12" tinted KW, but not sure yet. Thanks!

MikeD

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »

What's the verdict (consensus) on the best (and coolest, of course) windshield for a 6ft. tall rider on the '09 SERG? I'm leaning towards the 12" tinted KW, but not sure yet. Thanks!

Still waiting on mine!!!

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »

I'm 6'2 and have the 12"KW and it's OK  I would hold out for the 16 mike is talking about.  Still looks good and I think it would be just the right size.  They said to hoping to start getting them in Nov. 

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

I'm 6'2 and have the 12"KW and it's OK  I would hold out for the 16 mike is talking about.  Still looks good and I think it would be just the right size.  They said to hoping to start getting them in Nov. 

How does it look????  Photo???

rasmusmi

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 09:51:07 PM »

I wonder if the new 16" KW be the same style and configuration as their shorter ones? :nixweiss: Hope so :apple:..I like that design MUCH better than the "flat" design shields I've seen offered from other after-market companies for the SERG.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 12:01:09 AM »

I am 6'3" and very tall in the body. I just put the 8" KW on. From the feel of it, I'd say the 12" would blow 90% of the wind over my head. Anything taller than 12" my opinion is that the shape would lose a lot. The tight contours lend themself to the shorter versions better

B B

Sparky

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »

Guys

anyone find a rubber gasket from HD so we can install after market wind screens on the 2009 SERG yet?  My dealer says its back ordered until late October. It was real cold today :(

Sparky

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »

Sparky, 

I finally got to see a SERG 3 in the flesh, so to speak.  I had already bought the stock rubber gasket  in anticipation of installing it with a Klock Werks.  ($20.)  Sorry, I can't find the part # but have it at home. 

Upon looking at the bike though, there is a rubber gasket already there which seems to be separate from the stock shield.  I did not get to remove the windshield but it appears the rubber gasket stays on and you don't need a replacement.  Anyone who has removed theirs can verify....

Sawyer Brown

MikeD

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 07:35:52 PM »

Just got my 12" KW and the rubber gaskets are on the bike from the factory.  I have not tested the 12" yet, I will on Saturday.

MikeD

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »

I am 6'3" and very tall in the body. I just put the 8" KW on. From the feel of it, I'd say the 12" would blow 90% of the wind over my head. Anything taller than 12" my opinion is that the shape would lose a lot. The tight contours lend themself to the shorter versions better

B B

Spiderman,
After installing the 12", I almost feel like it takes away from the "hot rod" look of the bike.  But I will go with it, I'm 6'1" and starting to prefer a little wind protection.  I will agree though, the 16" will be extremely large, not too mention, how about the strength of it, will it flex at high speeds and wind vibration?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00:14 PM »

Spiderman,
After installing the 12", I almost feel like it takes away from the "hot rod" look of the bike.  But I will go with it, I'm 6'1" and starting to prefer a little wind protection.  I will agree though, the 16" will be extremely large, not too mention, how about the strength of it, will it flex at high speeds and wind vibration?

Thanks Mike, I was going to buy the 12" KW and sell my standard height Clearview. After reading your post, I'll keep my Clearview for road trips and run around town with the 8"  I love that hotrod look too

B B

MikeD

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:19 PM »

Thinking about the clearview for the same reason.  I saw it on Chip's bike at Maggie Valley and it didn't look too bad.  I was impressed with the thickness of it.  Did you buy a blemished or perfect one?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »

Thinking about the clearview for the same reason.  I saw it on Chip's bike at Maggie Valley and it didn't look too bad.  I was impressed with the thickness of it.  Did you buy a blemished or perfect one?

Perfect and it still doesn't have a scratch on it a year and many miles later. fired00d posted about soaking the bugs before you clean by putting wet towels over a windshield. I tried that and it works like a charm. Spray on H-D cleaner/polish and wipe off and the windshield is clean with a coat of polish so water beads up and no scratches from dried out dead bugs.

B B

MikeD

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »

Perfect and it still doesn't have a scratch on it a year and many miles later. fired00d posted about soaking the bugs before you clean by putting wet towels over a windshield. I tried that and it works like a charm. Spray on H-D cleaner/polish and wipe off and the windshield is clean with a coat of polish so water beads up and no scratches from dried out dead bugs.

B B

Cool, thanks  :2vrolijk_21:

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »

I also fell victim to the Klock Werks hype, I tried the 12 in that came with no mounting gasket or hardware, I called the CO and was advised that they were designed to fit without a gasket using the OEM hardware. after about 3 mi at 65 mph the buffeting was so bad I removed it  and ordered a clearview GT large tinted recurve, the Clearview came nicely packaged with new mounting Hardware and fit perfectly, no more wind pounding my ears and the shield is twice as think as the flimsy, Vibrateing, KW. I do not think the clearview looks quite as good mounted but considering the increased efficiency I can live with it easily.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »

I also fell victim to the Klock Werks hype, I tried the 12 in that came with no mounting gasket or hardware, I called the CO and was advised that they were designed to fit without a gasket using the OEM hardware. after about 3 mi at 65 mph the buffeting was so bad I removed it  and ordered a clearview GT large tinted recurve, the Clearview came nicely packaged with new mounting Hardware and fit perfectly, no more wind pounding my ears and the shield is twice as think as the flimsy, Vibrateing, KW. I do not think the clearview looks quite as good mounted but considering the increased efficiency I can live with it easily.

I have the 8" KW's on mine at the moment.  It  looks good, but doesn't help much in the wind.  And as many others have already pointed out, the wind noise is unreal.  I can't hear for hours after a 30 or so mile run on the highway.  The stock SERG window is actually better in the wind.  The 12" KW seems to be an after thought as well.  It doesn't look as good as their original 8" and is too thin.  MikeD said they are coming out with a 16".  Maybe they will use a thicker plastic and get it right this time. 

FWIW, I've had a ton of issues with KW.  They shipped me the window in a box with no packaging and the box was open when I got it.  They also shipped it to the wrong address.  I had to order the standard Road Glide window trim and it took forever to get it from MoCo.  As stated above, KW does not provde any hardware and you can't even buy it from them.  The KW window will not work with the stock rubber seal on the SERG windows.  And yes it does require a seal to be used.  No surprise that the person you called said it didn't need one. I've called them a couple of times and they are clueless. 

The only good thing I can say about KW is the 8" shield looks good on the bike.  It has good form and zero function. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:36:36 AM by Jim Kerr »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »

B B

Few days written. Sorry Brian.  I had a 12" KW for the 2000 you rode here.  For about a week. Hated it.  Tried to like it because liked the look.  But the screen was useless.  And obviously I'm shorter than you.  Significant noise and still lots of wind at the upper half of the head.  And that was with the shorter stock seat.  Would have been worse with the Corbin.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »

Hey guys, I met Brian Klock last weekend at Granite Mountain HD.  We talked about the new road glide and the exhaust, suspension, etc.  He did tell me that they are having a 16" windshield coming out soon.

Interesting.  That 16" KW sounds like what us people 6' and taller may need.  Or maybe just a 14".

I wonder what soon means to Klock.....
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »

Anybody have a picture with Clearview shield with a recurve on it.  I just rode my bike again and it's windy here in St louis and it was damn near impossilbe to hear anything but the jetstream going past my head.  I like the look though but I'm getting to damn old to get that beat up. lol
 PS KW shields are supposed to be in Nov but the way the parts guy said it got a feeling it will be later than that.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »

Anybody have a picture with Clearview shield with a recurve on it.  I just rode my bike again and it's windy here in St louis and it was damn near impossilbe to hear anything but the jetstream going past my head.  I like the look though but I'm getting to damn old to get that beat up. lol
 PS KW shields are supposed to be in Nov but the way the parts guy said it got a feeling it will be later than that.

14"

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »

14"

Mine is a 14" also.
But it looks a lot better on a blue SERG!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 05:51:34 PM »

Mine is a 14" also.
But it looks a lot better on a blue SERG!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

You're lucky I haven't had any dairy today :sauer005: .

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2008, 06:10:51 PM »

You're lucky I haven't had any dairy today :sauer005: .

Don't be a cow hater, it may be a trend but you have a rep as a trend bucker.
Stand up and let your true feelings be know on the subject.
Let it pour from your soul!
Postal tacos be gone!
There is hope.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2008, 06:56:02 PM »

Don't be a cow hater

Hey! Don
Thats Dam good advice, don't you be hating those four legged creatures. They've made me a hell of a living. :huepfenlol2: There's so many threads going on here I'm lost and thats not to hard :nixweiss: Don do you like the 14" clearview or not have to say it doesn't look bad on the bike!

The other Don........

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »

How about this cow? ;)

1993 HD Heritage Softail Nostalgia

The Moo Glide!!! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2008, 02:31:35 AM »

Don't be a cow hater

Hey! Don
Thats Dam good advice, don't you be hating those four legged creatures. They've made me a hell of a living. :huepfenlol2: There's so many threads going on here I'm lost and thats not to hard :nixweiss: Don do you like the 14" clearview or not have to say it doesn't look bad on the bike!

The other Don........

Well other Don; I do like the Clearview 14".  It's quiet behind it.  I look over the top of it.  Yet I get not even a bug splat on the helmet.

With the Corbin seat the 14" is perfect.  With the 2000 model's stock seat it needed a 12".  The Corbin sat me up that much higher.

For riding the Clearview is great.  The look is ok too.  Not as flashy as the KlockWerks but very nice to ride behind.  That's a trade off I'll accept everyday.

The other other Don

MikeD

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »

My 12" KW came in later last week and I installed it.  It looks  ok.  It does do better on the road.  I probably use that when the wife is riding and go with the 8" or stock one when it's just me thinking I'm 18 again!

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2008, 08:49:38 PM »

Yo Mike,

Let's have a look at it, love to see it on that ride of yours....
The impossible just takes a little longer

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »

Anybody have a picture with Clearview shield with a recurve on it.

Here's mine with a Clearview large (2" over stock).  I'm 5'11" but have a torso more equivalent to someone who is 6'1".  I see over it perfectly.

Sparky

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »

dis someone say that clearview will sell a gasket? will they send one right away or does it take 5 weeks?

Sparky

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »

dis someone say that clearview will sell a gasket? will they send one right away or does it take 5 weeks?

Sparky

I was told that Clearview will sell the gasket.  I doubt it will take 5-weeks.  The windshields are made to order.  Gaskets are a stock item.  Give John a call/email and ask.  I'm sure he will help you out (1-800-798-6089 - john@clearviewshields.com). 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 22 queries.