Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Price check for 2001 SE RG  (Read 1585 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Price check for 2001 SE RG
« on: February 15, 2006, 11:12:34 AM »

Had a friend call me this morning about a bike he was thinking about buying. It's a blue/blue 2001 SE Road Glide w/7,800 mi. Appears to be in perfect condition. Extras are D&D Fatcat w/falsie, full tour pack with CD changer, and a few other small add ons. Stock 95" stage one motor. He was asking $17,300. He said the owners house was immaculate, which to me is always a good sign when making a purchase from an individual. What do ya'll think about this price?

Thanks, Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

SPIDERMAN

Re: Price check for 2001 SE RG
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 11:20:11 AM »

One of the best of all the CVO bikes even with the 95" motor and M&M ignition  Your friend should absolutely buy the bike and beyond stage 1 breather, performance exhaust and a SERT  leave it alone. Only CVO other than my 03 SERK I wish I had. Price is excellent. These bikes go for as high as 20-22k in pristine condition with low mileage.

Good luck to your buddy   keep us posted and get him on the site when he buys it so we can all congratulate him

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 11:25:51 AM »

PS   Tour-pak was standard eqpt, also should have fairing lowers painted to match, a rider and passenger backrest and a CVO indoor cover. important to get all documentation and maint records of your can  

forgot to note that you said "asking $17,300"  hell I'd offer the guy 16k with the other 1,300 in my pocket in case - - - - - - -never know  sometimes you get lucky  even at 17,300 your friend is getting lucky as the 02 Blue SERG is rare on the open market  ;)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:00:17 PM »

Well, he just bought it for 17K.  Going to pick it up this aft. Thanks for thre info Spider.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 04:34:29 PM »

Post some pics of the bike   Love those blue 01 SERG's  Can't see too many of em   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »

My friend brought the bike by this aft for me to see and test drive. YoooHoooo!!! It is sweet and was " as advertised"  He got everything. Tour pack, cover, owners special booklet that says oddly enough TC88 powertrain. What's up with that? He even got the original sales brochure for the FLTRSEI2. I only went for a short ride, but it felt real strong. Has a D&D fatcat, and a PC. There is one "catch" though, and it wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me if I was buying it either, but it has been modified with an Arlen Ness fat rear fender, and the saddle bags have been reglassed and shaped around the pipes. Looks like some of the bikes you see in the magazines. To my eye, the paint match was near perfect, and the only flaw we could find was around the seat bolt. It appears that the original fender is still there, if someone wanted to return it to stock. You would still have to deal with the bags though. My thinking is, if I was going to do a custom llike that, I wouldn't do it to a SE bike. But that's just me. Bottom line is, he got a lot of bike for 17 grand.  Like I said, I would have bought it also. I'll get some pics when we go riding.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »

as to the TC88 booklet, That would be correct. Too bad about the rear fender saddlebag thing. I would have beat the guy down to 15k on that and then gone out and ordered a new rear fender and bag bottoms and put it back the way it belongs.

In any event, post some pics, I would like to see how it was done.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 06:58:41 AM »

Spider, I'll get some pics soon. You know, if the rear fender is OK, all it would take is a set of bags painted to match, and obviously there is a painter here locally to do the paint.  He did try to offer the guy 16K, but he wouldn't budge. He had several bikes in his shop, one was a Duece that my friend said was awsome looking. Had a blower on it. The guy is retired and likes to play motorcycle.

Later, Robert

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 21 queries.