Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lowering kit  (Read 1343 times)

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
Lowering kit
« on: February 22, 2006, 05:57:21 PM »

I just bought a Burly Brand lowering kit for the front forks on my 01 SERG. The installation instructions say- This kit only lowers FLT/FLH models 1" (stock rebound spring is replaced with the Burly Brand rebound spring). Does this mean I don't replace the longer progressively wound springs that come in the kit? The way I see it ( although it isn't clear in the instructions or my service manuel) that the rebound spring is the short one that goes on the damper rod. It seems like a lot of waste to purchase this kit to only use the small springs. Any help would be appreciateded.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »

I don't have the answer for this kit but i have used both springs in the past with other kits. I would suggest calling Burly and talking with the support people if the instructions are not clear.

Good Luck

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Lowering kit
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »

Thanks Dude, I did call the tech department today, and they told me all four springs are replaced with the four they have in the kit. This kit only lowers the FLT/FLH forks 1". Most other bikes you have an option to lower 1" or 2". For 2" lower you replace the 2 long springs with the 2 in the kit and add the 2 short springs to the 2 stock ones that are already on the damper rod for a total of six springs. Now that I have it figured out I can't wait to tear into it this weekend.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.