Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: True duals or 2 into 1, which is better?  (Read 6403 times)

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 ScreaminEagle Road Glide Blk/Sil
    • Radical Cycle
True duals or 2 into 1, which is better?
« on: March 11, 2006, 04:11:52 PM »

Anybody have expirence with either or both.  Just wondering if there was a performance benifit or not.  Mine had Sampson Rolled Thunder Oval slip-ons on it with the stock headers.  I have already ordered some true dual headers, but was wondering if 2 into 1 was better or worse.
Thanks ;D
2001 FLTRISE2 103 Stroker
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Crank
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Pistons 5 Over
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Polished and Ported Stock Heads
Manly Titanium Springs 640 Lift
Manly Stainless Valves
Screamin Eagle Cam Plate and High Flo Pump
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: True duals or 2 into 1, which is better?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 06:13:06 PM »

I think it has been established you will get better performance from 2 into 1 pipe. Can't remember all the technical reasons why, but I know it has been "dyno" proven. I had 2 into 1 on my Fatboy and was really happy with performance of it, and sound. I went to Rineharts (True Duals) when I purchased my SEEG foremost because of appearance, and secondly performance.

For me "True Duals" just look right on a "bagger" and I could never get myself accustomed to having a 2 into 1 on a bagger. Now if the aesthetics of a 2 into 1 on a bagger don't bother you I think you will get better performance going that way. Hope this helps.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

Godeater,

What Fired00d says is correct. The 2-1 will give you a bit more. However, if you want the both of best worlds, you can actually get a 2-1 with a "Falsee" on the left side. D&D FatCat makes a set, and so does the Thunderheader, two of the best 2-1 systems out there. That way you can have the duals look, and the extra hp/tq of a 2-1.

Do you still have your OEM SE mufflers with the shark fin caps?
I'm looking for a set.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• Radical Cycle
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 08:54:58 PM »

I wish I did, I am the second owner of this bike.  They where the only OEM part the guy didnt have. (couldn't find)  Thanks for the feed back.
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Manly Stainless Valves
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

Eagle_Rider

• 80K Miles and still Screaming
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 10:34:25 PM »

Here is what I have tried.  In all cases I am runing a K&N airfilter and stock M&M EFI.  The stock pipes, changes the fishtails to cones, no noticable difference.  Tried White "E" slip-ons very nice sound, and my mid range ran smoother and I had a little more power, it sounded really good.  8 Discs on the left pipe, 11 on the right.  Then I tried a Supertrapp slip-on with 8 discs on the left and 12 on the right.  I liked the White "E"s better.  Seemed to have better performance and definitely sounded better.  Then I tried the 2 into 1 SuperTrapp - WOW.  Made a significant improvement.  I was initially woried that I should be concerned about the EFI map since I figured it was running leaner so I would need to do something.  I ran the scooter for about 1000 miles and was going to install the Screaming Eagle Digital Fuel Optimizer.  But when I took it in I mentioned to the tech that I was getting significantly more power, my fuel mileage was about 4-6MPG better, and the oil temperature was running about 10 degrees lower (easy to determine, when riding with my wife we would compare bikes and I saw a 10 degree difference after installing the 2 into 1).  The tech checked plugs and said they could not look better!!  And the sound was simply beautiful!!!  I really, really like the 2 into 1 Supertrapp.  The only down side is, I think a touring bike should cosmetically have duals and after about 6000 miles the header pipe cracked on the rear cylinder.  Supertrapp warranted the header and replaced it for shipping costs only.  In the mean time I went back to the Supertrapp slip-on duals.  That gave me a chance to play around with duals again and I can conclusively say that the 2 into 1 has significantly better performance and we never installed the DFO.  The bike configuration runs so good with the 2 into 1 Supertrapp we decided to leave the EFI alone. So I am very happy with the K&N, no mods to the M&M EFI and the 2 into 1 Supertrapp. Runs good, sounds great, looks OK!

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 01:53:57 AM »

Another, here is what I have tried on my Road Glide. 1). 95" Kit; Stock Headers; V&H Ovals; 2). V&H Pro Pipe; Liked all. 2). Reworked 04 SE 103"; Rhineharts True Dual; dynod at 107 hp & 117 Lb. Ft. TQ. Now Freedom Cycle Duals not dynod.

Next project reworked JIMS 120, RB Racing LSR Blackhole.

Anyone want to buy slightly used (apprx 4,000 mile) excellent shape Freedom Cycle Duals in approx. mid April when I get my Blackhole?

geezerglide

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 05:59:13 PM »

[highlight]For me "True Duals" just look right on a "bagger" and I could never get myself accustomed to having a 2 into 1 on a bagger. Now if the aesthetics of a 2 into 1 on a bagger don't bother you I think you will get better performance going that way. Hope this helps[/highlight].

Yep, what Fire00 said. 2-into-1 in many cases does improve performance, but have never seen any independent testing that proves it one way or another. Just more or less accepted. On baggers, it just doesn't look right to most. True duals are great, bling and performance too. Lots of threads here on this subject, but I think it's more subjective than anything, IMHO.[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• Radical Cycle
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 07:17:12 AM »

;D  Well I got the duals on last night and remapped the Power commander, wow what a diffence in everything.  Only rough parts was getting the OEM headers off, that was a bitch.  The sound is so day and night even with the same slip-ons.
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Manly Stainless Valves
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Power Commander III USB
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »

Well being the tight woad I am. I went with a true dual conversion from TCC. www.tccbiker.com/ They were only 240.00.  Really like the change, but they did make my stock mufflers louder. That was a real surprise.
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 07:56:53 AM »

Hey Scooterhair!

What did you think about the quality of the TCC stuff?  Fit well?

How does she run?

I know, too many questions... [smiley=nervous.gif]

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 05:16:36 PM »

Well,
  TCC kit is 'OK' . Fit is good. Chrome is not the best I've ever seen. ( In their defence they said if I sent it back they would replace it. ) It will make your bike louder. I would also recommend a PC III usb. All in All not a bad deal for the buck.
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 11:13:58 PM »

Regarding Best Performance Pipes. Refer to this site (http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21blackhole.htm) I found this information to be extremely interesting. Geezerglide how do you like the Blackhole exhaust system?
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 11:55:03 AM »

FrankD,

I liked the Blackholes a lot, nice rumble at idle and not too loud for 500 - 700 mile days, however, I do not have them on the bike at present. I wanted to try the V&H Pro Pipe also like ita lot and have not swiched out.

If any one wants a set of RB Racing LSR Blackholes and does not want to wait over 12 weeks, I will be selling the RB Racing Blackhole,Dresser 2" "C" Style Model Plus 10, pipe comes out pass the sadlebag. In excellent shape c/w silver ceramic finsh and heat shelds. Missing the flange nuts, would require new exhaust gaskets, all available from RB Racing.

Asking $799.00 plus freight.

geezerglide

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 11:57:54 AM »

Another pic,

geezerglide

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »

geezerglide how hard is it to check the tranny fluid?  Does the rear header get in the way?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 10:37:23 PM »

mr_magoo,

I do not have the Blackhole on now, I wanted to try a V&H Pro Pipe when I had the bike dynod and never put the Blackhole back on. From I remember their were no problems.

I noticed in your bike add ons you have Brembos on your bike, I have also, have you had to replace your pads? If so did you buy from QTM?

geezerglide
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.