Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: EFI controls  (Read 1578 times)

Jimbo

• Prospect
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
EFI controls
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:09:22 AM »

Any info out there on the power commander vs the TFI from Dobeck Performance? From what I understand you can adjust the TFI manually like a carb vs the map downloads of the power commander. Any 1st hand experience out there? Thanks.......

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: EFI controls
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:27 AM »

Any info out there on the power commander vs the TFI from Dobeck Performance? From what I understand you can adjust the TFI manually like a carb vs the map downloads of the power commander. Any 1st hand experience out there? Thanks.......
jimbo,

There have been several conversations about the various tuning options.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Jimbo

• Prospect
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:33:56 AM »

Jerry,

Thanks for the info, I learned from your advise about the history search. That was great. Basically I have a stock 01SERG with a 2-1 thunderheader.

I have the TFI on, while in Daytona I asked a dyno guy about it vs the power commander. He said get rid of the TFI and go to the PC and dyno the bike. He said that's the only way to tune it. I'm looking for more thoughts.

The TFI has helped the idle as soon as I installed it. But after a ride on it seems I have oil coming out the air cleaner and spraying back on the right side on the bike. People riding with me think the bike is on the rich side now. Any thoughts on this? Thanks......

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:45:23 AM »

I dont (think) the oil is a efi issue..Epa standards are y the breather is located in the air box..As you get miles on her the breather tends to (seap) alittle oil..If you relocate the breather to atmosphere that problem is solved.....(carb conversion is the way to go if you ask me)..no downloads ,no expensive aftermarket tuners,just a change of a jet or 2 for any pipe/intake combo(only MY opinion,ride-on,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 10:27:37 AM »

......... Basically I have a stock 01SERG with a 2-1 thunderheader.
...............The TFI has helped the idle as soon as I installed it. But after a ride on it seems I have oil coming out the air cleaner and spraying back on the right side on the bike. People riding with me think the bike is on the rich side now. Any thoughts on this? Thanks......
jimbo,

The oil from the air cleaner is a different issue unrelated to the injection system.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.