Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SERG again when?  (Read 4250 times)

DREBBIN

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA # 22419
SERG again when?
« on: March 20, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »

Just stopped in from the SEUC forum.  I sure do prefer RG; I loved my 04 until the cams destroyed the engine.  Any word when the Moco will make a SERG again?  Thnx, DREBBIN
IBA # 22419
SS1K
SS1K

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
Re: SERG again when?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:01:30 PM »

why did your cams destroy your 04" motor? was it a stock motor?I am  curious ,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 03:44:43 PM »

Those of us that are speculating are thinking there are 2 avenues for the moco to get to another SERG.  1) many are thinking another year of the CUSE, then the SERG.  But I'm thinking another year of the CUSE, then 2 years of a Street Glide SE, then a SERG.  Since they just came out with the SG, and it would be in it's 4th year of production in another year, the moco could easily SE it.  That's our thoughts though.  Who knows what WGD will do. [smiley=confused5.gif]
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 11:39:17 PM »

then 2 years of a Street Glide SE

Really?  Interesting.  Tough to get my head around in one way though.  

While I really like the look of the FLHX one of the things I like is its somewhat minimalist approach.  It's all color and darkness and a bit of attitude.  Doens't have tons of stuff hanging all over it.  Yet one of the hallmarks of CVO bikes is that they hang so much more on them (not everything, as all of our OCD will attest, but a lot more than a stock bike).  So I'm not sure how you stylistically square the circle of a bike whose hallmark is a much cleaner appearance with the CVO approach of hanging most of the kitchen sink on it?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 11:50:20 PM »

2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 12:15:37 AM »

Well, I gotta take exception with this.....I think that while the CVO's have lots of bells and whistles, they're done in a true custom, almost chopper (read: CLEAN) approach.....take for example the cut-down windscreen, the removal of the saddlebag bars, the lack of fender tips/adornments, the cleaned-up light mounts, the cut-down seat, etc,etc, etc.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:19:27 AM by twolanerider »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 12:23:09 AM »

Oh yeah, well my momma could beat up your momma !
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 12:29:54 AM »

that's gotta be much better than defiling my corn flakes.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 08:47:54 AM »

i'm with Spyder a street glide is "CVOish" to a point build up the motor and give it some tastefull paint...... your almost there. given that as of yet HD has not gone back to a CVO model after its 2 year run thers no logical time line to complete the circle.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 10:45:17 PM »

They have several bikes left in the touring family they have not done.  Hard to believe they would repeat a model when they still have other they could do?JMTCW  I would love a SERG though and if or when they make another one will sit in my shop.  
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

FXRon2

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 02:53:46 AM »

Y'all,

I just got off the phone with Willie G.   We were chatting about quite a few topics ( I probably bent his ear in half on some of the subjects). And, the subject of another SE RG came up ( his name for the project was RoadGlide Redux). I told him I thought he had ripped off Coppola on his Apocalypse Now Redux.  ;)But anyway...

It turns out that the MO Co is gonna grant your wishes for another shot at a SE RG. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] They're planning it as a 2009 model. Appearently, they were going to do it as a 2008 model. But, the powers that be said "Hey, if we're going to go back and start doing the whole line over....we'll have to start at the beggining." So, as it turns out the 2008 nod went to the FXR5. Yes, you heard it straight from me. The CVO group is going to put together a FXR5 that's powered by a 132 hp, 92 Ft. Lbs VROD motor [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]. I should have some artist's renditions in the comming months.

So, you'll have to be patient. But you will get your bike. I'm sure your local stealership would be happy to take your $5k deposit during normal business hours tomorrow. Let them know which color you'd like when you drop the $$$.

Until Then,

Ride it Like You Stole It....

Ron ;)
1999 FXR2
1999 FLHR
1996 FXSTSB (Bad Boy)

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 03:04:21 PM »

Being the internet skeptic that I am, FXRon2, would like to give some of us that don't personally know you any info as to why we should believe you were talking to WG about anything??  Not trying to dis ya, but you should know the internet well, if you're in the position you claim to be.  Thanks!!
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 04:25:25 PM »

[highlight]Being the internet skeptic that I am, FXRon2, would like to give some of us that don't personally know you any info as to why we should believe you were talking to WG about anything??  Not trying to dis ya, but you should know the internet well, if you're in the position you claim to be.  Thanks!![/highlight]

articdude
             I believe Ron's post falls under the heading "Sarcasm" Since I am a Jedi-Master of Sarcasm, I will attempt to explain.  On occasion we site members tend to dream out loud (as it were) Ron is a diehard FXR guy. Lives, eats, sleeps and dreams FXR's. The post you're reading has been lulling him to sleep for the past 6.9 years since he bought his current dream FXR. Plese do not awaken him from his slumber as that would mean one more CVO nut competing for the available stash of H-D CVO perfection. Thank you in advance for your sympathy and understanding in this matter.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 05:38:07 PM »

Being a CVO newbie, I must bow to your superior intellingence!! [smiley=scholar.gif] [smiley=toff.gif]  Thank you, jedi-master for sending the force my way to direct me in these ways of the CVO world! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

FXRon2

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 12:26:15 AM »

Arcticdude & Spiderman,

Sarcasm? WhatchuTalkinBoutWillis? I'm (as always) dead serious.

Okay, well maybe I was drifting out to some other mental plain a little bit... ;D

Anyway...I hope everyone gets the ride they want from the Mo Co...

Ron 8-)

1999 FXR2
1999 FLHR
1996 FXSTSB (Bad Boy)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.