Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battery Tray Removal  (Read 1326 times)

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Battery Tray Removal
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:02:06 AM »

I'm detailing my SERG within an inch of its life and upgrading the brakes and shocks. I have replaced hardware and any parts that have peelin chrome. I don't understand why MoCo uses such poor quality corrosion resistance hardware, i.e. exhaust system. I referred to the MoCo (FLTRI and FLTRSE2) shop manuals for the removal of the battery tray. I did't find any removal procedures for the battery tray. I think the rear fender would need to be removed in order to remove the battery tray. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
FrankD
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

Still_on2_wheels

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Battery Tray Removal
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:43:56 PM »

Frank....Yes.

Your rear fender does have a #40 Torx screw mounting the forward section of the fender to the lower portion of the battery tray.

Jeff
01 FLTRSEI2, 01FLHRI, 52 Pan, 51 Pan/Shovel. -->> Looking for a pair of plumbers thread panheads <<--

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:30:55 AM »

Drop the rear wheel and you can access the t-40 torx that 2 wheels mentioned.You can then get the tray out without removing the entire rear fender.

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 09:43:22 AM »

HD Dude,

Do you mean I can remove the tray from the top without removing the fender? I did remove No. 40 Torx screw but tray does not want to come out through the top of the frame.

FrankD
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 10:31:05 AM »

Not positive on the complete removal, I did one a while back and was able to get it up high enough to remove the charcoal canister (CA Emisions) and install an air pump for Legends air shocks.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.