Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: carb conversion  (Read 1231 times)

TINMAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
carb conversion
« on: November 28, 2006, 12:31:46 PM »

want to convert to carb for performance reasons headpan 62 I know you converted any problems ? it just seems for the money its the way to go looking for feed back want 110hp 110ft lb torque

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: carb conversion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 01:34:27 PM »

Not sure what's involved in the conversion but I saw a Carb that might do well for this. They showed it on American Thunder. It's from PSI Power Inc. and it's called the Big Air Carb. They say it's fully adjustable externally, (no need to change jets inside the carb). It also looked really nice. I've always used S&S carbs, but was wondering if anyone is familiar with this carb and its performance. Good luck with the conversion. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
Re: carb conversion
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:27:59 AM »

na, no problems and it was fairly easy,,,still playing with the jetting trying to get her perfect...she loads up if you leave the choke on for a period of time,,other then that its a go,,,read the (EFI conversion) link in this board to get the details,ride on,,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.