Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 15 cvo clutch on flhxse  (Read 1781 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
15 cvo clutch on flhxse
« on: July 19, 2015, 02:55:20 PM »

Curious what do people do that raise the hp. and tq. a fair amount, in regard to the clutch on the  cvo.  looked in the SE book and not sure what can be done. From what I see not a lot of options?
Thanks

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 15 cvo clutch on flhxse
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »

Usually an extra plate clutch assy. and either a MoCo, or Alto heavy duty clutch spring. (either spring won't wear your hand out).  ;)
John

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:34 PM »

Usually an extra plate clutch assy. and either a MoCo, or Alto heavy duty clutch spring. (either spring won't wear your hand out).  ;)
John
I was a bit confused when looking in the  SE book.  it says the heavy springs  will not fit the cvo late model clutch!  or at least that is how I took it.  but the spring and extra plate  HD has would be a simple remedy then.
Thanks

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »

Curious what do people do that raise the hp. and tq. a fair amount, in regard to the clutch on the  cvo.  looked in the SE book and not sure what can be done. From what I see not a lot of options?
Thanks

Many have simply removed the stock clutch and replaced it with an aftermarket unit.  I believe GMR has done many of these swaps...

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 10:59:51 PM »

I know of at least four of us in NorCal that spun our oem clutch hub splines on the shaft on modified earlier year models. Have the oem baskets since been modified on newer models,  or did the introduction of the IDS in '08 or other factors address this?

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »

I know of at least four of us in NorCal that spun our oem clutch hub splines on the shaft on modified earlier year models. Have the oem baskets since been modified on newer models,  or did the introduction of the IDS in '08 or other factors address this?

I believe  changes have been made?

twinotter

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 08:44:51 PM »

IMHO, if you intend to increase the power levels on a new HD, a complete aftermarket clutch will be required if you want it to last! There are enough failures of the powdered metal clutch hub splines to indicate they really can't handle STOCK power levels.
My buds '12 Classic has an upgraded clutch plate, a 106kit, showing 97hp/112t. Now its been sitting for 2 weeks while the parts (all aftermarket) come in to fix the transmission. The clutch hub is likely done too!
 You want to know the saddest part, I believe the '13 and up clutches aren't as strong as his!! 40K (klms). The comp has already been replaced once, the second is clunking again.
 He's upset, claims he'll sell it, buy an Indian (we'll see). fwiw twinotter

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.