Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Tire pressure monitoring  (Read 16521 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Tire pressure monitoring
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »

:-\

"They certainly don't check their spare, so tpms a good thing for the normal guy/girl etc."

Hopefully,  as a Trooper you get a chance to deal with those clowns that zip down the Interstate with one of their tires on their clapped out Nissan..........being one of those "spares" that is designed for (emergency use only) and to get one to the very next place where they can replace it with the proper new tire.

Noooooooooooooooooo...................They're flying down the interstate at speeds of 75+ on one of those emergency tires and no intent whatsoever about getting a replacement tire.   They will keep it going as long as possible..........damn the consequences which could be a disaster. :oops:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2015, 01:30:54 PM »

I noticed about a 4 degree difference front to back while parked in garage. The air pressure readings where spot on when checked with an air gauge.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »

I've had the units installed about a month and lost contact with the front tire.  I tried to reprogram several times before changing out the battery.  That fixed it.  I will not be a happy camper if this is required every several months. 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

ultrarider123

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:59 AM »

Update for the fobo system.  I installed it on October 12th so it's been a 1.5 months and I am still enjoying a great product.  It's so handy to turn on the blue tooth and check the pressure at any time I want.  This morning heading out to work it was 22F coming out of a garage of 65F.  Checked the pressure using the app and it was 36.7 f-t and 38.3 r-t.  A bit low for my taste but I expected it (I run 38 f-t and 40 r-t) and knew I would be adding air when I got to the office.  Sure enough, when I got to work and let it cool down, checked them again and yes, the front was a bit low (33lb) as was the rear (35lb).  I was expecting it and would have checked it anyway before heading to lunch but it was nice having a digital readout to confirm what I was expecting.  I'm sold on the product and glad I purchased.  One benefit to me is we have lots of road hazards in and around Oak Ridge....lots of nails and such strewn along the highways and byways (such is a great description of life in general).  Having the system, I can quickly check when I run over something and keep an eye on the pressure along with a visual of the tires just in case I miss a puncture.  QA for me as it were....

As for the low battery issues that were mentioned....on my phone at least, the app shows the battery power for each unit in addition to the temp and pressure for each fob.  Mine are still showing full bars for both units for the batteries.  In the package with the units, I had 4 spare batteries included.  I saw that and expected the fobs to be power hogs since I had so many spares....so far that's not the case and an email to the seller revealed they did that as a courtesy.  Another plus in my book
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:10:15 AM by Haird »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2015, 11:57:14 PM »

I've had the units installed about a month and lost contact with the front tire.  I tried to reprogram several times before changing out the battery.  That fixed it.  I will not be a happy camper if this is required every several months.
Had mine since first available mid summer and only show down 1 bar on original battery.
Alan
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.