Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Rear Swing Arm  (Read 2470 times)

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
2007 Rear Swing Arm
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »

I just read an article about the new and improved beefy rear swing arm on the 07 touring models. Does anyone know if it will fit on a 2001 SERG?

Frank
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

SPIDERMAN

Re: 2007 Rear Swing Arm
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:22:50 PM »

The part number for the swingarm on my 07 Road Glide is 47549-02A.  Make of that what you will. It doesn't appear to be any different than the one on my 03 SERK.

B B

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:55:37 PM »

I just read an article about the new and improved beefy rear swing arm on the 07 touring models. Does anyone know if it will fit on a 2001 SERG?

Frank

2001-and-earlier touring models have 3/4" axles.  2002-and-later touring models have 1" rear axles.  The rear wheel and brake caliper in your 2001 SERG are sized for a 3/4" rear axle.
  There have been a couple articles recently about a stiffer swingarm available from Daytec.  You may want to give them a call and see if they offer a stiffer swingarm that will allow you to use a 3/4" axle.

Daytec:  (760) 244-1591

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 10:18:22 PM »

The key to retrofitting the swingarm would be the P/N of the frame since the front of the swingarm mates up to the frame. The axle size only affects the wheel. Back in the day, we bought wheels without the spacers, bearings etc in them and either set up the bearings ourselves or got the local shop to do it. If you can find a shop that still does this, you can knock the bearings and spacer out of a 3/4" axle wheel and have them set up for a 1" axle. OR, you can buy a different wheel already set up for 1" axles. Anyway, the swingarm is an 02 part number that has been upreved to an A because of the 1" axle. It WILL fit in your 02 frame. Then you have to deal with the wheel. Two different issues. Swingarm fit to frame and wheel fit to swingarm. Don't confuse the two.

B B 

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.