Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pioneer Inno 2????  (Read 3307 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Pioneer Inno 2????
« on: March 10, 2007, 10:13:30 PM »

Has anyone tried the new pioneer inno 2 model yet? I understand all of the bugs that were in the original Inno have been corrected but I also hear some dealers are trying to pass new Inno 2nd generations off as Inno 2's.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Pioneer Inno 2????
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:52:26 PM »

Has anyone tried the new pioneer inno 2 model yet? I understand all of the bugs that were in the original Inno have been corrected but I also hear some dealers are trying to pass new Inno 2nd generations off as Inno 2's.

I have the old Inno which has worked great since the software download about 9 months ago.  The only thing I need is a powered docking station that has speakers. Ipod users  have many to choose from but I haven't seen any for the Inno.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 02:06:47 AM »

Here's a speaker set up for ya...

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3946

As for the Inno 2, I dont think its really a 2. The FCC has really been on XM / Sirius / Ipod's butts about interference from the FM modulators. The new versions of these devices are coming with some kind of fm transmitter wire that needs to be placed near or on your vehicles antenna. The new Inno features a "Sure Connect" thing that looks like a round rubber boot that has a slice cut into it. Your supposed to take this bootie and clasp it around the base of the antenna or around the wire leading to it, along with this surely the software has reduced the FM transmitter power to make the feds happy. As IROAR said, I have been using one since it came out, as of the last downloaded software update its been great. I run mine on my handlebar with no antenna via fm modulator and its been great except the screen says check antenna. I dont want 20 feet of antenna line so I am looking at my options. I recently read an article about a guy with a plane that installed his in the cowling after disassembling the antenna itself. So its got me thinking, our fairing is fiberglass so if I disassemble an antenna and mount it inside the fairing I should be golden?
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 02:28:49 AM »

Ceej,
Does anyone make a generic FM modulator? I would like to find one to use with my Garmin 478 so I don't need that wire pluged in. Thanks, AJ

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 02:46:32 AM »

Hey AJ  just a thought.  I bought this mini  blue tooth transmitter thing from Sharper Image for the wifes 4 am work out routine, for the TV  to BT headset.  it is pretty cool and goes several hours. Was $175  but can plug into any devise for audio. Maybe they have your FM gimick also??
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 04:18:31 AM »

AJ, Here's what your looking for...

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=278

It would do the job but you now have an extra device to mount, and it will be lower power thus you will have to crank the radio up to hear it. I am dealing with this right now with my Inno - I have Hog Tunes speakers and to here the XM at highway speeds it has to be all the way up and its still a stretch, whereas with a CD or FM I never get full volume (It would distort anyhow). The best FM modulators are the wired ones - but that defeats the purpose.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 04:25:56 AM »

As for the blue tooth thing, thats interesting. I know the new bikes have bluetooth available on the HK stereo - or is that an add on module? If you had it available then yes - you could get a bluetooth transmitter that would plug into your GPS headphone jack and then Bluetooth connect to your stereo. That would be the cats meow because then I believe you could listen to tunes and then the GPS would cut in to tell you to turn or whatever.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 04:32:09 AM »

Yes. It is an add on module . I was thinking there would not  be the need for dialing the fm to a recieving channel thus making the audio inop. I will see if my tom tom has an audio out jack and attempt a test. the BT transmitter i speak of could be easily turned on and off quite easily during long segments of a trip thus extending its batt life substantionally. it is a li-ion  bat so pretty durable. 
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 08:59:34 AM »

Word of caution with the pending venture between XM / Sirius and both having different formats which will come out the format they use IE VHS vs. Beta - just a thought

jeffj

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 08:55:23 PM »

Word of caution with the pending venture between XM / Sirius and both having different formats which will come out the format they use IE VHS vs. Beta - just a thought

jeffj

I hear ya brother...as for the Inno, I have not experienced any issues with mine today...perhaps just lucky?  I did download the updated software months ago.

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 11:26:18 PM »

I wouldn't worry about the merger. The units we have recieve signals from two birds in space. XM uses one format Sirius another. The merger just means they will broadcast on eachothers birds. They can't change what the birds are doing til they can afford to throw up a few new birds as a duo. So if they merge and you have XM you will get NFL broadcast on your unit this fall and they will get MLB next spring. In the meantime the staff of XM's 70's channel will get tossed as they will share Sirius's 70's channel and the staff at Sirius's 60's channel will get the boot while they share XM's 60's channel. This will greatly reduce labor costs. Meanwhile they will increase advertising rates as they have more subscribers as a duo. Eventually they will have units that can get both signals at once but to do it well will take some time - heck, sirius JUST came out with a real portable after several years of trying. 
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.